· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas! - fishmommie Merry Xmas! - Sandz Merry Christmas!  Hope you and your family have a great one! - KevinVA Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7 Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 
    Thanks for the B-Day wish - Strider199 I can't send you a real one, sorry for your loses - steeler1 Happy belated Birthday. - steeler58 Happy Drink Like a Viking Friday! - KevinVA Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 
    Sorry for you loss, wish it was a real one. - steeler58 It's EOTW Beer Time! - KevinVA It's fish flake friday, like the old days!! - steeler58 Beer makes monday not suck so bad.. - Sandz In honor of Steelers 5k posts! - Sandz 
    Couldn't give you rep, yet, but you deserve it with your contributions in the Discus/Angel thread.  Thanks! - KevinVA T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Just for you being you! - Slaphppy7 pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie Have a Rummy nose for oldtimes sake ;-) - steeler58 

Unhappy Barbells gone on julii cory

0 Not allowed!
    Hello all,

If anyone can take a look, it seems one of my julii cory cats is missing the barbells. She is hiding out in a corner, hasn't come out to eat with the others and isn't bothered by my attempts at taking a photo. She was definitely fine last night swimming with the others and and eating wafers (I feed the cories in a shallow dish to make sure they're never hungry). My gravel is rounded so I didn't think there would be an issue and all of my other tank inhabitants are peaceful.

Is there anything I can do? The photos were the best I could do...

0 Not allowed!
    Eroded barbels have also been linked to water quality issues. What are your parameters? do you vacuum the gravel?
    <-- Click for journals
    "There is no right way to do the wrong thing." - KingFisher "Only bad things happen fast in this hobby" - Cliff

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas! - fishmommie Merry Xmas! - Sandz Merry Christmas!  Hope you and your family have a great one! - KevinVA Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7 Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 
    Thanks for the B-Day wish - Strider199 I can't send you a real one, sorry for your loses - steeler1 Happy belated Birthday. - steeler58 Happy Drink Like a Viking Friday! - KevinVA Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 
    Sorry for you loss, wish it was a real one. - steeler58 It's EOTW Beer Time! - KevinVA It's fish flake friday, like the old days!! - steeler58 Beer makes monday not suck so bad.. - Sandz In honor of Steelers 5k posts! - Sandz 
    Couldn't give you rep, yet, but you deserve it with your contributions in the Discus/Angel thread.  Thanks! - KevinVA T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Just for you being you! - Slaphppy7 pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie Have a Rummy nose for oldtimes sake ;-) - steeler58 

0 Not allowed!
    Aeonflame, my parameters are 0 ammonia / 0 nitrites / 10 nitrates (have never tested above 10) & I vacuum 1/2 the gravel weekly and skim the top of the other 1/2 with my 50% pwc.

0 Not allowed!
    Is this a new fish? Did you notice if it was always like that?
    Last edited by Aeonflame; 02-05-2013 at 11:53 PM.
    <-- Click for journals
    "There is no right way to do the wrong thing." - KingFisher "Only bad things happen fast in this hobby" - Cliff

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    I've had her since 12/05/12, she spent 4+ weeks in qt then moved her to main tank. I'm positive that she had the barbels before. I'd put money on her having them as of yesterday. I always do a daily head count and make sure everyone is out and about and I didn't notice any issues yesterday.

She has at least moved to the other side of the tank near their little feeding dish...can they eat without the barbels?

0 Not allowed!
    They are able to find food and eat without their barbels
    <-- Click for journals

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    That's good to know. I am very concerned still due to her inactivity and lack of interest in food.

I appreciate the help and will keep a close eye on everything (making sure there's no sharp or dirty gravel). Just hate when things like this happen.

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Would it be possible that another one of your fish nibbled on it? I don't see anyone that might but another possibility to look for.
    20 gallon tall: empty
    29 gallon: moderately planted with 9 bloodfin tetra, 1 german blue ram, 11 glow light tetra and 1 BNP
    10 gallon QT: empty

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Limming, I've never seen any others bother her previously but she is the smallest of my cories. I've kept a close eye on her tonight and haven't seen any issues. To me, she just seems traumatized. My fingers are crossed but I just don't have a good feeling about this.

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    This doesn't seem likely but do you have an area of the tank where she could have got stuck and lost it? If this just happened and nothing else bothered her then its worth checking out.
    20 gallon tall: empty
    29 gallon: moderately planted with 9 bloodfin tetra, 1 german blue ram, 11 glow light tetra and 1 BNP
    10 gallon QT: empty