· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    No shells is weird, maybe they moved to your HOB

Shrimp and snail junkie... What can I say, I like the little things in life.

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by richberstler View Post
    No shells is weird, maybe they moved to your HOB
    what does HOB stand for? lol

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Hang on back filter, the get in there sometimes

Shrimp and snail junkie... What can I say, I like the little things in life.

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Hmmm..possibly...I took a quick look and didn't see any, I suppose they could have gone into the bottom which I wouldnt be able to see unless I took it off and drained it. Might try that.

0 Not allowed!
    Wait an hour or two after the lights go out and shine flashlight in the tank.. You are likely to find your snail population alive and well.
    Gas mileage isn't everything OIIIIIIIO
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.
    Why pretend there are no stupid questions? Actually, There are many stupid questions: "Should I drink this bleach?" Is just one example.
    Having said that, Just because it's a stupid question doesn't mean that it shouldn't be asked. It's better to know.

A warm beer is better than a cold beer. Because nothing is better than a cold beer, and a warm beer is better than nothing.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by richberstler View Post
    I still can't figure out why people dislike vacuum cleaners in their tanks. I miss my snails, somehow mine came on troubled times in a couple tanks. My guess is the water spiked something horrible or they are there somewhere. Try a water test unless you are well planted (going back to previous posts of hiding food).
    Always amazes me too. But, one thing I did learn online, tastes differ very, very much. Personally, I wouldn't keep a tank without MTS,

Anyway, if you want to check you still got snails, make a bottle trap and use some cooked vegetable as bait.

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    It's not that I don't like cleaners, but the tank was completely over run and they looked to be multiplying at a rate that would be out of control. Maybe most of them simply died off because there was no food in the tank and the shells just blend in really well with flouramax. I tried the flashlight thing and didn't see any. What should I feed the assassins now?

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Are you sure it wasn't just a dream?
    Fiiiiiiiiiiissssshhhhhh!

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Do you have a koi in there? ;x

nah, just kidding. That is kinda weird though... I would google information about them, and if still nothing, make sure no one in your family has done anything with them. A little brother could of went snail fishing while you are gone. When I was in like 1st, I found my lost hampster under a desk, with an open hamster ball on top of him, trapping it. It barely lived once I found it, and I discovered that my friends were messing around with it and forgot to put it away -.-

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Welp, since I live alone the little sibling thing is out of the question, I have been actually spotting a few of them near the surface of the tank, so maybe they are just hiding. Although I spend so much time looking at this tank lately because it's new you would think I would see more. Anyways, I'm sure they are hiding in my massive water sprite, or my drift wood which has caves/crevices all over it. Anyway, check out this little death squad that just arrived in the mail, figured I would get a picture since they will probably never all be together like this again. I'm sure they will find any of the pond snails hiding in there:

Assassin Squad.jpg