· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Could the equipment you use for the water change have come in contact with any kinds of household cleaners?

Awards Showcase

A lovely red rose for you to enjoy ... - mermaidwannabe for the help - smaug Happy Father's Day! - Aminax awesome tank in TOTM - Lady Hobbs Good guess! - Lab_Rat 
    To match your Super speed LOL - 850R Cool contest! - Wild Turkey Great shrimp advice - Wild Turkey You have the patience of a rock - Aeonflame Happy 5th Anniversary - Aminax 
    Thanks! - Scrup hmm i dont this its the right species... but merry xmas XD - genocidex Merry Christmas! I blub you! - Aminax I love following your informative and well designed threads. I hope these loaches get huge for you! - Sandz Happy 30th birthday! - Aminax 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Thanks for you help! Cheers! - koaladarshana Happy Birthday Bud. Cheers! - Strider199 Merry Xmas! Ill drink to that! - Sandz Happy New Year! - jeffs99dime 
    Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - Brhino 

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by KingFisher View Post
    Your test results would tend to indicate otherwise, but do you happen to get a lot of bubbles in the tank after a waterchange?
    Not a ton, but not zero either. My planted tank gets a lot... best guess is bubbles form on acrylic more easily than on glass.

Quote Originally Posted by homemadepopcorn View Post
    Could the equipment you use for the water change have come in contact with any kinds of household cleaners?
    Not likely, but not impossible... but then again you've got the question of "why haven't any fish in any of the other tanks been affected?" because I use the same equipment for other tanks too.
    300 gallon mega tank: build in progress
    75 gallon community tank: tetras, danios, corys, platies, otos, pearl gouramis, bristlenose pleco, assassin snails, red cherry shrimp, bamboo shrimp
    70 gallon growout tank: clown loaches, sailfin pleco
    60 gallon goldfish tank: fancy goldfish
    29 gallon frog tank: 1 bullfrog
    10 gallon and 5.5 gallon betta tanks: 1 male betta each, sometimes snails

0 Not allowed!
    Is your pH usually that low (not sure how often you test it)? I'm seeing 6.0pH?
    Adventures in Aquaria - The KevinVA Story

When in doubt, ask yourself... W.W.L.S (What would Lee Say)?

Have a fish problem? Fill out and post this completed questionnaire in the General Aquarium Forum, when you start a new thread.

Awards Showcase

A lovely red rose for you to enjoy ... - mermaidwannabe for the help - smaug Happy Father's Day! - Aminax awesome tank in TOTM - Lady Hobbs Good guess! - Lab_Rat 
    To match your Super speed LOL - 850R Cool contest! - Wild Turkey Great shrimp advice - Wild Turkey You have the patience of a rock - Aeonflame Happy 5th Anniversary - Aminax 
    Thanks! - Scrup hmm i dont this its the right species... but merry xmas XD - genocidex Merry Christmas! I blub you! - Aminax I love following your informative and well designed threads. I hope these loaches get huge for you! - Sandz Happy 30th birthday! - Aminax 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Thanks for you help! Cheers! - koaladarshana Happy Birthday Bud. Cheers! - Strider199 Merry Xmas! Ill drink to that! - Sandz Happy New Year! - jeffs99dime 

0 Not allowed!
    it's the high range pH test. it's in the 7.4-7.8 region.
    75 gallon community tank: tetras, danios, corys, platies, otos, pearl gouramis, bristlenose pleco, assassin snails, red cherry shrimp, bamboo shrimp

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinVA View Post
    Is your pH usually that low (not sure how often you test it)? I'm seeing 6.0pH?
    It looks to me like he tested the high range pH, and that color is 7.4 on that chart. The 6.0 on the regular pH chart is a much paler yellow.
    20 gal. high: planted; 8 white cloud minnows, 10 RCS, 2 blue shrimp, several snails; AC50, Azoo air. 65 gal: planted; 7 rosy barbs, 6 glofish,, 2 zebra danios, 6 rosy red (fathead) minnows, 3 dojo loaches, several snails; AC110 x 2.

0 Not allowed!
    That's what I thought, too. Looks like Brhino got his answer in before I finished posting mine.
    20 gal. high: planted; 8 white cloud minnows, 10 RCS, 2 blue shrimp, several snails; AC50, Azoo air. 65 gal: planted; 7 rosy barbs, 6 glofish,, 2 zebra danios, 6 rosy red (fathead) minnows, 3 dojo loaches, several snails; AC110 x 2.

0 Not allowed!
    Ok this may be just grasping at straws, but do you have the python submerged all the way to the bottom of the tank while it is refilling? If so, the loaches may be getting exposed to the fresh chlorinated water before it has a chance to mix with the dechlor to neutralize it.

Liters to Gallons conversion calculator

"Keeping fish for any period of time doesn't make you experienced if you're doing it wrong. What does, is acknowledging those mistakes and learning from them." ~Aeonflame
    "
    your argument is invalid." ~Mommy1

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Brhino View Post
    it's the high range pH test. it's in the 7.4-7.8 region.
    That makes more sense. =] Sorry, the colors are a bit harder to see and I was looking for more of a brown tint of the High range.
    Adventures in Aquaria - The KevinVA Story

When in doubt, ask yourself... W.W.L.S (What would Lee Say)?

Have a fish problem? Fill out and post this completed questionnaire in the General Aquarium Forum, when you start a new thread.

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by KingFisher View Post
    Ok this may be just grasping at straws, but do you have the python submerged all the way to the bottom of the tank while it is refilling? If so, the loaches may be getting exposed to the fresh chlorinated water before it has a chance to mix with the dechlor to neutralize it.
    Not all the way, no. Just enough to submerge it. And I typically try to point it at some hardscape so the sand won't get too disturbed... and the loaches are hiding elsewhere.

0 Not allowed!
    I'm confused. If you tested with High Range pH liquids, then you should be comparing to the High Range chart.........the second group of boxes. You have the light yellow, which is a match to the regular pH of only 6...first row of boxes on the top. Why are you testing with the High range if you don't have high range pH?