· Pond Fish
· Responsible Fish Keeping
· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Default I can't decide for a 15 gallons...

0 Not allowed!
    Hello,

I have a 25 inch space under my 29 gallons and was thinking it is good for a 15 gallons, so planning on that in the next couple months.
    I go back and forth on have a shell dweller tank (I have LOTS of snails shells), a dwarf puffer tank, or put a divider and have two bettas.
    I am excited with the perspective of having a multi tank, leaving in the shells and maybe having fry from it as we can leave the fry with the parents. I love my Betta and one more would be good too. I love the way puffer acts and find them beautiful in captivating...

Ultimately, I would like to try something specific with a theme, any insights for me ?

thanks

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    dwarf puffers are great, energetic and personable fish. but i think 15gallons is too small even though they are dwarfs. they do get a decent size as a "dwarf" and need some leg room to buzz around in.

if you can do a cool divider with a betta, you could have a play on "zones" and stuff to make that fun.

0 Not allowed!
    15g would also mean a very small group of multi. If you can do soft water it would make a nice corydoras breeding tank

If it's going to be under a tank, do make sure you got easy maintenance access.

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by mizzoutank View Post
    dwarf puffers are great, energetic and personable fish. but i think 15gallons is too small even though they are dwarfs. they do get a decent size as a "dwarf" and need some leg room to buzz around in.

would only one dwarf puffer in the tank make a difference?
    I do have enough clearance on top but since it is close to the floor, How will I get the syphon to work, good thinking.
    My water is somewhat alkaline at 7.8 in my community tank, for the betta I haul 6 gallons of water a week from work (3 for water changes and 3 to have on hand) and I don't mind it so his pH is 7.2. Not sure it is enough to breed corydoras, I already have 7 C.panda in my 29 gallons, can't figure out how to sex them some are bigger than the others that about the only difference I can see. Would they transfer well into the 15 gallons?
    How many multi could it hold, 3 or 4 maybe ? (I read I should get 2 female for 1 male ratio)