· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Forum changes

1. Default Forum changes

0 Not allowed!
    Hello,

I just wanted to ask and make a suggestion in regards to the changes made here.

Although i welcome change, i must admit it has been slightly difficult to adapt after using the old version since i joined.

One particular bug-bear is when im viewing a particular thread. On the old format, near the top of the thread you had Aquarium Forum>name of sub-section>thread title... That has now gone. Previously once i finished reading a thread i would just click on that link depending where i wanted to back step to.

Not sure if any mod can understand what im trying to say, but if anyone does maybe we can bring it back? Currently once i finished a thread i have to keep pressing the 'back' button on the Firefox toolbar to go back to the forum pages.
    Fiiiiiiiiiiissssshhhhhh!

0 Not allowed!
    The Update is not finished yet. I am bringing back functions as I am able to. I just didnt want to leave the forum offline for none essential functions that can be readded when the forum is online. I post in the announcement section as functions come back online.

The thing you are asking about is called breadcrumbs and it will be back before the update is done. So will the shop, the arcade and a few other things. A number of not yet revealed completely new things will also be introduced.

I really miss the breadcrumbs as well and really want them back.
    Do as I say. Not as I do.

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    William, thanks for telling me what they are called. Learn something new everyday! A rather fitting name actually.

It was a small bug bear really but i am so used to using them.

Thanks for all the effort you put into this forum,
    Fiiiiiiiiiiissssshhhhhh!

0 Not allowed!
    Didn't Hansel and Gretal try leaving a breadcrumb trail once?

0 Not allowed!
    I am just waiting and hoping for the "new threads" function to come back so I can see a list of all the new posts since last I'd been here. Hard finding whats up and who needs help this way :)
    2 10 gallon tanks, 1 20 gallon tank, 1 Fluval Edge, 1 29 gallon tank, and one backyard pond.

0 Not allowed!
    Tiara. That function has never left. Just click "new posts". It is the first link just below the forum tab near the top of the page.

0 Not allowed!

0 Not allowed!
    OMG I must be blind!
    2 10 gallon tanks, 1 20 gallon tank, 1 Fluval Edge, 1 29 gallon tank, and one backyard pond.

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    thanks again for all the work you're doing William. I see our bank and points total are now appearing in public instead of on our profile? FWIW, I'd prefer that didn't show on every post and we got our gifts back. That may be the end game but thought I'd mention it just in case.
    thanks again.
    30 g FW planted:corys, ABNP, blue angel, harleys, zebra danios, nerites & mystery snails
    15 g FW planted: crown tail betta, neons, snails
    90 g FW semi planted: Blood Parrots, severum, Jurupari, EBJD, congos, kribs, clown pleco, snails
    90 Gal Journal: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=93939
    Fishless cycling: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ead.php?t=5640
    Cycling with fish: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=36492

Default Thanks for the tweaks so far.

0 Not allowed!
    Having the full on bank statement on display [as it were] does seem a bit overkill as opposed to how it was.

Is there a way to opt out of seeing the arcade champion crawler in the upper RH corner? That thing is annoying IMO. I tried freezing it with escape but ..

Gas mileage isn't everything OIIIIIIIO
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.
    Why pretend there are no stupid questions? Actually, There are many stupid questions: "Should I drink this bleach?" Is just one example.
    Having said that, Just because it's a stupid question doesn't mean that it shouldn't be asked. It's better to know.

A warm beer is better than a cold beer. Because nothing is better than a cold beer, and a warm beer is better than nothing.