· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 9 of 74 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by MandyK View Post
    I just KNEW when I put 'Discus' in the title of this thing that it was a bad idea....
    lol, what happened? Second thoughts again?
    Adventures in Aquaria - The KevinVA Story

When in doubt, ask yourself... W.W.L.S (What would Lee Say)?

Have a fish problem? Fill out and post this completed questionnaire in the General Aquarium Forum, when you start a new thread.

Awards Showcase

It's EOTW Beer Time! - KevinVA Nobody likes to drinl alone :) - steeler58 Back at you,  good sir! - Compass Here's to Lee's 5000 and Guava Flavored Whiskey! - Taurus Why drink alone, when a Sandz is nearby? - KevinVA 
    Sorry to hear of your loss, it always sucks to lose fish. - mommy1 Wish it was a real one, sorry for your loses :( - steeler58 So sorry about your fish! - SeaLady Here is pie. - mommy1 for the one you lost :o( - fishmommie 
    No Message - Fishhook Bottoms up! - Slaphppy7 Thanks, this one is on me - mommy1 Here's to 4,000 posts :) - steeler58 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    TGIF and here's to good whiskey :-) - Taurus Thanks for the rep :) - rebecca_finny pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie thank you for your help and advice - showmebutterfly Even Monday's are better with severum - showmebutterfly 

0 Not allowed!
    Mandy, so I havnt been around for a few days and it looks like you are seeing the work mount in front of you and its sliding down in a mudslide. Remember! Nothing worth doing is easy. These fish will reward you time after time and lets be honest here... tinkering with tanks is generally everyones fav part. Thats why MTS exists.

The sump is a new challenge, its got a new load of issues that comes with it. Its scary too because you have never done it. These fish are worth it and you are totally able to go forward and succeed. We are all here for you to be able to give advice and support, dont stress
    FW: 1 45gal, 1 40gal, 3 10gal, 3 30gal all community tanks of different species
    Sw: 1 55gal, 1 30gal show, 1 29gal show, 1 20gal and 2 10's

0 Not allowed!
    Thank you guys, once again.

Sandz, it isn't the sump that's the issue. The more I think about it, the more I think that this just won't work out. I have a feeling that the stress I'll be harboring over these guys will just about ruin the experience for me, and let's face it... this was a fairly risky endeavor for someone who has been in the hobby for LESS than a year.

We are still doing the sump build and all the mechanical issues, but I'm positive that there has been a stock change.

Maybe when I'm in a better place and have more experience. I mean hey, I've got a LONG time to get comfortable enough to try Discus. :)

You guys are great, I just think I got a little too ambitious. I don't mean to let any one down, but I really feel a TON better with this this choice. And hey, angels are beautiful as well!
    130g: 4 Angelfish, 2 Roseline Sharks, 12 Conga Tetras, 5 Kuhli Loaches, 1 Otocinslus, 1 Corydora

Awards Showcase

It's EOTW Beer Time! - KevinVA Nobody likes to drinl alone :) - steeler58 Back at you,  good sir! - Compass Here's to Lee's 5000 and Guava Flavored Whiskey! - Taurus Why drink alone, when a Sandz is nearby? - KevinVA 
    Sorry to hear of your loss, it always sucks to lose fish. - mommy1 Wish it was a real one, sorry for your loses :( - steeler58 So sorry about your fish! - SeaLady Here is pie. - mommy1 for the one you lost :o( - fishmommie 
    No Message - Fishhook Bottoms up! - Slaphppy7 Thanks, this one is on me - mommy1 Here's to 4,000 posts :) - steeler58 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    TGIF and here's to good whiskey :-) - Taurus Thanks for the rep :) - rebecca_finny pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie thank you for your help and advice - showmebutterfly Even Monday's are better with severum - showmebutterfly 

0 Not allowed!
    That they are, good luck with them! I am sure you will have a great experience with them as well. I agree, there is always that time where discus can be put in the tank. Once you have the tank running and going for a while you may look back and try to do it again. but still... we need pics@!!!@!@!
    FW: 1 45gal, 1 40gal, 3 10gal, 3 30gal all community tanks of different species
    Sw: 1 55gal, 1 30gal show, 1 29gal show, 1 20gal and 2 10's

0 Not allowed!
    Hey Mandy,

Not a problem and I've actually thought about an Angel tank, as well - just as beautiful (or at least, they can be). It wouldn't be as painstaking to keep the params at perfect levels, either, and you should be able to add a variety of more fish in there with them, should you want to.

I just wanted to send some positive vibes your way before you gave up. Sometimes projects can look enormous and nearly impossible until you start getting into it, and without proper motivation, there's nothing to keep you going and you'll just succumb to the fear of unknowing. However, it's good to know what you're capable of and set some limitations for yourself. One day you'll be ready. Until then, I look forward to your sump build and your awesomely enormous angel tank. =]

Have a fish problem? Fill out and post this completed questionnaire in the General Aquarium Forum, when you start a new thread.

0 Not allowed!
    It's amazing how tanks evolve in our heads and then when we actually begin to execute them.

There's nothing wrong with coming back to discus in a few years when you feel like you are a little more prepared.

Do this favor for me....if you like roseline sharks, get a big school of roseline sharks. They are my absolute favorites and my dream tank would be a 100+ gallon tank with 10 roseline sharks, cardinal tetras and a gigantic school of celestial pearl danios. (I think they would compliment the roseline sharks very nicely)

Of course that's all just wishful thinking and I don't know if those fish are compatible. If you do the roselines I'll be able to live vicariously through you. How great it will be.
    ~Manna
    10 gallon live planted aquarium with 6 neons
    90 gallon fw community in progress

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by CrunchyLeaf View Post
    It's amazing how tanks evolve in our heads and then when we actually begin to execute them.
    My current one was all planned out before I started building and changed very little during construction. So, this varies.

@mandy: Might wanna ask a mod for a title change then. And are you going for a bare bottom tank still?

0 Not allowed!
    Yes Crunchy! I'll still be going for the Roselines. I was thinking 6 for now. :)

TD: Oh! I didn't know that I could do that. That'll save me from making a whole new journal. Thank you for suggesting that.

Kevin: You're just great, you know that?? I enjoy talking to you. :)

Also, for now I'm going to leave it a barebottom. There's still lots of cleaning I need to do on it, so leaving it that way will make it simpler for now.

Here's a little side view. :)

Last edited by MandyK; 02-07-2013 at 07:27 PM.
    130g: 4 Angelfish, 2 Roseline Sharks, 12 Conga Tetras, 5 Kuhli Loaches, 1 Otocinslus, 1 Corydora

0 Not allowed!
    Wow! This thread has become very inspirational and motivating... Thanks Mandy for starting it.

Angel are beautiful fish and roseline look out of this world. I think that eiher way your tank is going to be amazing.

I also like the side view of the barebottom It looks like the inside of a spaceship. Sorry geek comment.
    Roll the Dice!

0 Not allowed!
    I love that perspective! So much space. =X

Page 9 of 74 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast