· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 72 of 74 FirstFirst ... 22627071727374 LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Great Idea THANK YOU - eltylT   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Merry Christmas - AmazonJoe   Merry Christmas! - Boundava   Happy Holidays to you!  See you on the 6th! - Boundava   
    Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - gronlaura   

0 Not allowed!
    You can carefully move your existing media to the new filter and remove your HOBs. After installation of the inline (keep it as vertical as you can with the arrow pointing up) and with the canister running, you want to keep the inline heater unplugged for 20-30 minutes so it can acclimate to the water temp. Then set the temp and plug it in.

When I had the ich breakout in the 75 gal an inline would have been so much easier to adjust when raising and lowering the temp. I love my 2 AC110s and Aqueon Pro heaters on the 75 gal, but from now on it's Rena canisters and Hydor inline heaters for me!
    Last edited by gronlaura; 09-19-2014 at 09:10 PM.
    75 gal - Smudge Spot Cories, Silvertip & Pristella Tetras, Scissortail & Red Tail Rasboras, Pearl Gourami, Black Kuhli Loaches, Whiptail Cats, Wild Caught BNP
    Dual 29 gals - Diamond Tetras. Harlequin Rasboras, Bloodfin Tetras
    10 Gal - Mr. Betta's Fishy Paradise

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain"

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You made the right call. In memory of the one who didn't make it. - Strider199   To help you find your puffers - KingFisher   ...a replacement puffer for you. (Couldn't find a dinosaur!) - ~firefly~   chocolate makes everything better.  GL beating the ich - fishmommie   It's filled with good vibes, good luck - Cliff   
    Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - MandyK   Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - MandyK   Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - MandyK   

0 Not allowed!
    I'm glad I have all of you to guide me through this. I most def want to do it right the first time after having spent so much darn money on this stuff.

Okay -- I just wanted to make sure I could just jam my used media down in there and let her go cold turkey before I did it.

I think/hope they will be here by this coming Friday! I can't wait to get all that crap out of my tank so it looks more natural. I'm hoping it'll be more quiet as well.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for the clarification - Mith   A few clown for the fellow SW clowns. :D - ILuvMyGoldBarb   sorry about your angelfish - smaug   Many cultures donw through the ages have known that Ice cream is the perfect band-aid for all occasions. ~  Sorry for your loss. - 850R   Here's some Christmass Cheer, Happy Holidays Sheamurai - Cliff   

0 Not allowed!
    Honestly curious, why can't the inline heater be installed on the input? I know they recommend on the output, but wouldn't the heater work installed upside down? The water is being pumped through regardless of the orientation of the heater?
    I figured the only reason they instruct to install on the output was so the heater had filtered water running through it, and that the heated water would cool before reaching the tank...
    20gal long planted community
    5 gal planted betta

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Season's Greetings! - Rue   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Merry Christmas! - Anders247   Happy Holidays! - Boundava   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by sheamurai View Post
    Honestly curious, why can't the inline heater be installed on the input? I know they recommend on the output, but wouldn't the heater work installed upside down? The water is being pumped through regardless of the orientation of the heater?
    I figured the only reason they instruct to install on the output was so the heater had filtered water running through it, and that the heated water would cool before reaching the tank...
    In inside of the heater stays cleaner longer when used on the return line as the water has already passed through the mechanical filter media in the filter. That and the water pressure is more even on the return line as well allowing the heater to work better
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You made the right call. In memory of the one who didn't make it. - Strider199   To help you find your puffers - KingFisher   ...a replacement puffer for you. (Couldn't find a dinosaur!) - ~firefly~   chocolate makes everything better.  GL beating the ich - fishmommie   It's filled with good vibes, good luck - Cliff   
    Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - MandyK   Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - MandyK   Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - MandyK   

1 Not allowed!
    I just found a great deal on Congo Tetras at a different pet store and brought home 10 more for $8.99 a piece! YAY!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Season's Greetings! - Rue   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Merry Christmas! - Anders247   Happy Holidays! - Boundava   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   

0 Not allowed!
    congrats on the new additions !!!
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

Gods Country, Eastern High Sierras, California

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

It's a hot toddy. - Taurus   Here's to the "blue ribbon" tetra! - Slaphppy7   Hope you had a happy birthday! We are both March babies :) - discusluv   Good to hear from you again! - Slaphppy7   Happy Independence Day! - Slaphppy7   
    Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1   Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - steeler1   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Great news about the Congo's!! You will enjoy them :)
    Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
    Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit.
    -Vince Lombardi

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.” ― John Wooden
    Sandy Hook Elementary......Lest We Forget
    See my profile for my tanks and what fish I keep

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Great Idea THANK YOU - eltylT   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Merry Christmas - AmazonJoe   Merry Christmas! - Boundava   Happy Holidays to you!  See you on the 6th! - Boundava   
    Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - gronlaura   

0 Not allowed!
    I'm green with envy that you have a tank big enough for congos. Congrats!
    75 gal - Smudge Spot Cories, Silvertip & Pristella Tetras, Scissortail & Red Tail Rasboras, Pearl Gourami, Black Kuhli Loaches, Whiptail Cats, Wild Caught BNP
    Dual 29 gals - Diamond Tetras. Harlequin Rasboras, Bloodfin Tetras
    10 Gal - Mr. Betta's Fishy Paradise

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain"

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    The BEST investment I've ever made for my tank to date: the Eheim 600 Classic.

Holy cow guys. I could not be more satisfied!!!

The Hydor heater is absolutely outdoing the externals by miles as well.

We ran into a few speed bumps when we were installing it, but I have a resourceful husband so it all worked out. The heater was for 5/8" hose and the hose was 1/2". My genius of a man simply siliconed the small one into the bigger one and BAM, perfect.

I am thinking about taking both of my external heaters out tomorrow to see how well the heater does. The two externals I had in there were barely keeping the tank at 75. It's now sitting at 78.6.

My fish absolutely love the current. I expected the Roselines to enjoy it but surprisingly to me the Congos were the ones who really cam out to play. They were all like, "Hey, hey baby. What's a nice current like you doing in a tank like this??? You wanna take a ride? Lemme show ya. *ZOOM* Oh, you like that? *ZOOM*" And so on and so forth. Lol.

I am so excited! So, tomorrow I am going to do my best to find time to clean the tank up really well so I can show you all some pictures worth looking at. :) If I don't get to it tomorrow I promise it will be soon.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's one for the weekend ;-) - steeler58   Have a Candy cane ;-) Merry Christmas - steeler58   Merry Christmas & Happy New Year! - Plecos   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Gald to hear filter and heater work great. Will be wating patiently for pics.
    Fishes go "pook pook"
    my spell check went on vaction.
    my Mts storie:http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...d.php?t=117355

Page 72 of 74 FirstFirst ... 22627071727374 LastLast