· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 43 of 72 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    I know right??? Of course you see the size of the actual thing beside it. Lol!! I like these peeps.

Big thanks to Indian Woods Angels for directing me there.

EDIT******** At TD

They are Levamisole Garlic Flakes. They contain:
    Spray dried Salmon,
    Oat/Wheat/Soy Flours,
    Dried Brewers Yeast,
    Frozen Shrimp,
    Plankton,
    Krill Powder,
    Garlic Posder,
    Kelp Meal,
    Stabalized Fish Oil,
    Lechithin,
    Spirulina,
    Beta 1,3/1,6 Glucan,
    Vitamins & Minerals,
    Some Coloring,
    NO PRESERVATIVES
    Last edited by MandyK; 04-27-2013 at 07:24 PM.
    130g: 4 Angelfish, 2 Roseline Sharks, 2 Conga Tetras, 5 Kuhli Loaches, 1 Otocinslus, 1 Corydora

0 Not allowed!
    You can get levamisole without prescription?? That's unusual.

OK... that stuff isn't hurt by freezing. Do keep out of reach of other livestock and especially humans. Get too much into your system and all sorts of funny things can happen. It's apparently also used nowadays to cut cocaine with. Weird!

Anyway, I digress... should freeze, should do what it says on the package. Handle with care.

0 Not allowed!
    Yikes....!

Okay, thanks. :)
    130g: 4 Angelfish, 2 Roseline Sharks, 2 Conga Tetras, 5 Kuhli Loaches, 1 Otocinslus, 1 Corydora

0 Not allowed!
    Day two of antibiotic flake treatment is going well.

Now according to the package instructions I have to wait about two weeks and treat again, then wait another two weeks and treat again. I hope that takes care of everything.

I've seen some loaches with either poop or worms sticking out of them. As they are always on their bellies I can't tell for sure. I hope they get some of the flakes....

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    You can take out portions as needed and freeze the large bag. Care must be taken when removing the bag so it does not sweat or the moisture will damage the food inside. I place the original package that seals with the zip lock into a freezer zip lock bag. I take out what I need for a couple of days. You can check with Angels Plus on this method but it works good for me.

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Hey Mandy,

I read your whole thread. Very Nice. Sorry your having problems. I hope it works out for you. Your tank and fish are awesome! I would love to have a tank that size.

I will be following your progress. Good Luck!

Dave...

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    If you decide to go with fake plants for the tall ones look at kensfish. There is a really wide selection of plants in different brands and if you mix and match 12 of them you get a really big discount. I did this to get some tall plants for my 125 because I didnt want to spend the money to upgrade the lights (and with the fact I have tons of mopani leeching tanni.s still it just wasnt bright enough).

I currently have 3 angels in the 125. The two females had been acting like a pair before we put the male in and now the male and one female keep trying to spawn. They seem pretty happy with no nips or torn fins or anything. Mine started trying to spawn 6 months after we got them. They just are no good at it and keep eating the eggs, and we dont really need the babies either.

Oh and if you go with fake plants you might want to go with the ones with weighted bases so your loaches dont keep digging them up.

Good luck

0 Not allowed!
    IWA-- Once again, great advice. Thanks!!! I'll do this.

Landscaper-- Nice to meet you! The whole thread?! Props my friend! I hope it was interesting!!! :)

LG-- I don't think I'll go with fake plants unless I can find some that just look crazy real. I will say that the ones I have in there are absolutely flourishing! I have a HUGE bunch of java moss, and two groups of red wendth.

I haven't seen any spawning behavior from any of my angels. I think they are still too young. I'm hoping and praying that everything will be okay with aggression. I know that IWA knows his stuff, I'm just nervous I guess. That is a lot of potential carnage in there if things get ugly.

I have never seen my loaches dig. They just stay on top of the sand or under the driftwood.

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    The worst case scenario would be that you return a couple of aggressive angels. I could post a couple of photos of my tanks and how they are stocked but I don't want to give the impression that stocking tanks with multiple angels is easy. Stocking a tank with multiple angels does take tactic and you do have to understand why the fish are feisty and what they require. If you go through the you tube site looking for angelfish habitats you will see many that have multiple large adults present. These fish are not all beat up from aggression. The reason for this is tank size and decorum to suite the fish. It can be done but we do have to set the tank up for it.

0 Not allowed!
    Yes, that would be worst case. I get attached to my fin babies!!! Of course I don't want them to kill each other, but if I send them back to the store it becomes quite likely that they will die at the hands of an ill equipped owner.

That count's as my fault too ya know.

I hope that it all works out. I'm still working on the lay out of my tank, and there' still lots of components to be added. Once everything is finally in place I hope and pray that it will be enough.

Page 43 of 72 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast