· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 40 of 74 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast
  1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I have 6 long fin serpaes in my 30 gal with 7 colombian tetras, 1 dw gourami, 1 bnp, 1 GBR and 6 cory cats. They have been absolutely wonderful fish. they school loosely, eat well, have never been sick and are not nippy as most have experienced. I must have gotten lucky. their fins and tails are gorgeous - black and red and white. I highly rec them and yours look great, Mandy.
    I just love how your gold ram and your GBR get along :o)
    30 g FW planted:corys, ABNP, blue angel, harleys, zebra danios, pair kribs, & nerite snails
    15 g FW planted: crown tail betta, neons, snails
    90 g FW semi planted: EBJD, congos, apple snails
    90 Gal Journal: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=93939
    Fishless cycling: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ead.php?t=5640
    Cycling with fish: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=36492

0 Not allowed!
    Hi everyone. I'm back for an update.

I'm having a few minor issues at the moment.

Oer the past couple of days I've noticed that my GR is a bit listless. She isn't socializing like he used to, and isn't moving much. Lethargic, I believe is the word. She swims, and can, it just seems that she is choosing not to expend much energy.

I also noted that she seems a bit skinny. Her belly has a concave look that is unsettling. After yesterday's 80% W/C (which I expected to perk her up, but didn't) I watched her eat a blood worm or two just to make sure; however I haven't seen her eat anything else since.

On to a seperate issue. Well, more like an incident.

During my W/C yesterday while I was sitting on the couch waiting to the tank to drain, I saw something VERY disturbing. One of my smaller platinum angels was stuck upside down in the ciphoning tube!!!

Needless to say, I immediately came to its aide and shook her out.

She looks to be fine today, but at the time some of her scales were upturned and her reproductive organ had been sucked outside her body. I have come to the conclusion that she is a she due to this incident. Lol. As I said, all is well with her today, and she has returned to her normal appearance.

On a positive note, my tank seems to have come to a point of stability.

Plant growth is great, and they are all very healthy and green looking. I have the tiniest bit of algae growth on the glass, which is easily dealt with. I'd say it takes about 2 weeks for the small amount there is to become noticable. My 1 Oto is nice a fat! I'm happy to see that he is thriving on so little algae.

The water stays clear and clean, and I couldn't be more satisfied.
    __________________________________________________ __________

I am still seeing traces of finrot, but nothing compared to what it was before I started treatment. I'm pretty positive I'm going to do another round of treatment to see if I can kill it off completely.
    130g: 4 Angelfish, 2 Roseline Sharks, 12 Conga Tetras, 5 Kuhli Loaches, 1 Otocinslus, 1 Corydora

0 Not allowed!
    Sorry to hear about your angel. I sucked my first neon up in my siphon last night, but I was actually right there at the time and I was able to stop the siphon immediately and let him swim out. He just went for a little ride.
    Good to hear the angel doesn't seem to have had any long term damage.
    Hopefully your gr will perk up. Have you tested water params just to make sure there isn't something fishy going on? (Yeah that was lame, but I couldn't help myself).
    ~Manna
    10 gallon live planted aquarium with 6 neons
    90 gallon fw community in progress

0 Not allowed!
    No, I didn't bother testing since I was getting ready to do a large W/C anyway.
    130g: 4 Angelfish, 2 Roseline Sharks, 12 Conga Tetras, 5 Kuhli Loaches, 1 Otocinslus, 1 Corydora

0 Not allowed!
    Hey Mandy,

Sorry to hear about your GR. That makes two of us (well, your GR and my GBR). =/ Just keep checking her symptoms to see what's happening. Could be a bacterial infection.

Sorry about your angel, too! Yikes. lol What a harsh journey. I'm sure she'll recover, though. It's funny how curious these fish are. I've seen my GBRs test the tube of my water changer on multiple occassions. They like to jump in and out and fight against the current. Luckily they're strong swimmers. =X

I had another bout of fin rot with my Betta, too... I've noticed that he's just sucseptible to it, because he stresses out quite frequently from anything that changes in his tank. Today I'm doing a w/c on the 20gal w/ him in it and I'm going to add a couple Catappa leaves. They're actually supposed to be relatively soothing for Bettas and have medicinal properties that fight a number of things, including fin rot. You might want to invest in a bag of them. I bought about 200 of them from an ebay seller for about $18, but she sells them in lots of 50 and 100, if you'd rather have less. I like to prepare for the future, though. ;P

Side note: they leach tannins, which will tan your water (you can actually boil them to produce dark water). The tannins contain the natural medicines.

TD suggested their use and I've read up on them quite a bit since then. Pretty interesting leaves w/ excellent, beneficial properties.
    Adventures in Aquaria - The KevinVA Story

When in doubt, ask yourself... W.W.L.S (What would Lee Say)?

Have a fish problem? Fill out and post this completed questionnaire in the General Aquarium Forum, when you start a new thread.

0 Not allowed!
    I've pulled the GR into the 5g QT. She isn't getting any better, and was hiding behind one of the filters.

I'm treating with PraziPro at the moment. It's all I have, and I don't know if I'm going to be able to get anything else this week. :( We'll see. I may try and get more Melafix.

I'll keep you updated.

She's stopped eating.

0 Not allowed!
    Honestly, it sounds like what my Serpae has. She became listless, won't eat, barely moves - hides, wasting away and loss of color. Fins are a bit tattered now, as well. Could be a bacterial infection. Hopefully Praxipro/Melafix does the trick, but if not, you might want to try Maracyn 2.
    Adventures in Aquaria - The KevinVA Story

When in doubt, ask yourself... W.W.L.S (What would Lee Say)?

Have a fish problem? Fill out and post this completed questionnaire in the General Aquarium Forum, when you start a new thread.

0 Not allowed!
    This is day 3 of the PraziPro treatment. On day 2 I noticed a long clearish white strand of stuff coming out of her. Soooooo, I guess that means it's working?

She's still kicking at any rate. Got my hands on some Melafix. I'm wondering if I can do both treatments at the same time.

Will do a W/C today, and redose with Prazi regaradless.

0 Not allowed!
    Soooooooooooooooooo, I'm a day late on my W/C for the QT.

I started doing the Q/C at about noon only to find that I had left my newly purchased bottle of Prime in my husband's truck...... which is with him...... at work.......

Luckily, he'll be home pretty soon. Until then, the GR is stuck with a half full tank. I'm just glad I hadn't decided to do the 130g first!

0 Not allowed!
    Omg what a nightmare that would have been to have a half full 130 gallon!
    ~Manna
    10 gallon live planted aquarium with 6 neons
    90 gallon fw community in progress

Page 40 of 74 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast