· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 31 of 67 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Well, it's not the chlorine, we get that as well, 70-80mg/liter is very common. Fluorides are minimal, hardly more than a trace. Chloramines are fortunately not in use here.

still, a royal pain in the rear if you're dealing with this. Makes you want to get an RO unit.

0 Not allowed!
    I have no clue what it is guys. I've never encountered it before in any of my other fish. Not that a year is a long time.... but ya know.

It just HAD to be the Angels who got it though..... the ones with spectacular fins! ARG..... Thanks for the vote of confidence TD. Means a lot. :)
    130g: 7 Angelfish, 1 Bolivian, 12 Neon Tetras, 14 Serpae Tetras, 9 Kuhli Loaches, 1 Otocinslus, 1 Corydora ? Ghost Shrimp
    I've noticed that people HATE it when you point out how stupid they are, so now I try to do it politely.

0 Not allowed!
    There are theories involving both Chloramines and Flouride in the water system, suggesting that they're actually quite unhealthy and toxic. I'm leaning towards that way of thinking, myself, due to the plethora of material I've read. If it's harmful to humans, it's likely to be harmful to fish.

Edit: Just like nonstick pans, btw. Killed my two parakeets about 9yrs ago from the fumes of teflon. Needless to say, we don't use teflon anymore... we use ceramic and the regular iron stuff. ;P
    Last edited by KevinVA; 03-11-2013 at 02:54 PM.
    Adventures in Aquaria - The KevinVA Story

When in doubt, ask yourself... W.W.L.S (What would Lee Say)?

0 Not allowed!
    Flouride can be a pain to deal with. It's odorless and tastless and that is the danger of floride poisoning. It rarely happens but once in awile it can. There was the guy in Alaska that got it in his water system and because it makes you thirsty, kept drinking the water and eventualy passed away. The Nazi's were experimenting with this to see how much they indroduce into a public water system, guess who the poor test subjects were? We used to have to put in our water, you know good for the teeth and all, but than the IHS gave us the option so I elected not to put it in anymore. The Dental clinic had a big fit but the Tribal Council supported me so we kept it out.

Good call on the teflon, food tasts better cooked in the old cast iron anway, at least IMO.
    Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
    Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit.
    -Vince Lombardi

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ― John Wooden
    Sandy Hook Elementary......Lest We Forget

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by MandyK View Post

It just HAD to be the Angels who got it though..... the ones with spectacular fins! ARG..... Thanks for the vote of confidence TD. Means a lot. :)
    Well, I hope I don't need to say it but I do admire your approach to the hobby. Your choices aren't necessarily the ones I'd make but that's a matter of personal taste. I really like to see how far you've come in skill and knowledge in a short time.

0 Not allowed!
    :) If you're interested in seeing where I started from, my old journal title is My Own Little Adventure. It was started about a year ago, and it's when I was completely new.

I wouldn't have come nearly this far if it weren't for all the wonderful friends I've made on the forum. It's been a great experience. I'm so happy to have all of you to share it with.
    130g: 7 Angelfish, 1 Bolivian, 12 Neon Tetras, 14 Serpae Tetras, 9 Kuhli Loaches, 1 Otocinslus, 1 Corydora ? Ghost Shrimp
    I've noticed that people HATE it when you point out how stupid they are, so now I try to do it politely.

0 Not allowed!
    Prepping for my 3rd day W/C due to a mild case of fin rot.

Amm:0
    Trite: 0
    Trate:4

Not too bad if I say so myself. This tells me that if I were to wait my usual amount of time between W/C's, my Trates would be at about 8.

I'm having a huge hankering to aquascape. I need more sand, some driftwood, and more plants on the double! Alas, it all takes time.

I've got a vision of a very green, and vibtant tank. CRAP............................... I just remembered that my water is off. Somehow the electric company nicked the water line while cutting trees.

Well, I guess I can do it tonight.

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Xmas You Filthy Animal!! - Hardy85 Merry Christmas buddy! - KevinVA Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7 
    Merry Christmas Sandz! - Taurus Happy birthday buddy! - KevinVA Happy B-day!! - steeler1 Happy Bday bud!!! - Hardy85 Have a little cake and ..... - fishmommie 
    .... beer.  Hope it was a good one. - fishmommie Happy Birthday!  Enjoy! - jeffs99dime I'll drink to that! - steeler1 Enjoy! - Hardy85 This one's on me... - Slaphppy7 
    Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Here's to good friends, and new fish! - Slaphppy7 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Happy Drink Like a Viking Friday! - KevinVA 

0 Not allowed!
    I think the electric company missed the memo... Trees generally grow up...
    FW: 1 45gal, 1 40gal, 3 10gal, 3 30gal all community tanks of different species
    Sw: 1 55gal, 1 30gal show, 1 29gal show, 1 20gal and 2 10's

0 Not allowed!
    My thoughts exactly....

Well, it's back on now, so here we go. I'm going to try and remember to turn my heaters back on after this time. . . When I did my change Saturday I left them off. I didn't figure out I'd done it till yesterday when I put my fingers in the water to feed.

YIKES! It was 70F in there.

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Xmas You Filthy Animal!! - Hardy85 Merry Christmas buddy! - KevinVA Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7 
    Merry Christmas Sandz! - Taurus Happy birthday buddy! - KevinVA Happy B-day!! - steeler1 Happy Bday bud!!! - Hardy85 Have a little cake and ..... - fishmommie 
    .... beer.  Hope it was a good one. - fishmommie Happy Birthday!  Enjoy! - jeffs99dime I'll drink to that! - steeler1 Enjoy! - Hardy85 This one's on me... - Slaphppy7 
    Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Here's to good friends, and new fish! - Slaphppy7 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Happy Drink Like a Viking Friday! - KevinVA 

0 Not allowed!
    OUCH! Thats a tad low.. maybe that is something that added to the stress of the fish and made this more visable?
    FW: 1 45gal, 1 40gal, 3 10gal, 3 30gal all community tanks of different species
    Sw: 1 55gal, 1 30gal show, 1 29gal show, 1 20gal and 2 10's

Page 31 of 67 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast