· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 30 of 70 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    That last Khuli pic is a classic. He's like "Hey....get that camera outta my hidey hole!"
    ~Manna
    10 gallon live planted aquarium with 6 neons
    90 gallon fw community in progress

0 Not allowed!
    Haha! I love my Kuhlis. I was doing my best to get a good picture of one of their faces, but to no avail. I had to snap the face pic so fast that I couldn't focus it properly.

SO, yesterdayn I added a few newbies to the gang. My Serpae school is now at a solid 14, and I have to say -- the fullness looks great! The new ones are so much smaller than the others it's comical.

So far, so good. I'll keep you up to date on if anything starts to happen with these guys.
    130g: 4 Angelfish, 2 Roseline Sharks, 5 Kuhli Loaches, 1 Otocinslus, 1 Corydora

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    the photos are great Mandy. I even like your coolie and I'm not a loach fan. They make me think of snakes <g> but your guy is kinda cute. And the angels are amazing! Am eager to see the beefed up serpae numbers in the tank
    30 g FW planted:corys, ABNP, blue angel, harleys, zebra danios, nerites & mystery snails
    15 g FW planted: crown tail betta, neons, snails
    90 g FW semi planted: Blood Parrots, severum, Jurupari, EBJD, congos, kribs, clown pleco, snails
    90 Gal Journal: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=93939
    Fishless cycling: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ead.php?t=5640
    Cycling with fish: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=36492

0 Not allowed!
    One lovely aspect of kuhli behaviour is that they will shelter together during daytime. You can get 8, even 10 in amazingly narrow spaces.

0 Not allowed!
    Great photos, Mandy! Love your Angels. So nice to see them in a group like that. =] Nice job on the Kuhli pic - perfect timing.
    Adventures in Aquaria - The KevinVA Story

When in doubt, ask yourself... W.W.L.S (What would Lee Say)?

Have a fish problem? Fill out and post this completed questionnaire in the General Aquarium Forum, when you start a new thread.

0 Not allowed!
    Thank ya! :) I've really been working on my photos. I'm still not good, but I'm trying to get clear pictures at least. It doesn't help having a crap camera. Lol.

So, for those of you who haven't seen my other thread -- I'm pretty sure a few of my angels have fin rot. I was suspicious of this when I first brought them home, but I'm pretty positive now.

I'm going to follow the advice I was given -- doing a few extra W/C's and probably adding a little salt (which I need a refill on).

Errr --- can I use table salt? I've heard of all kinds of people using different salts with no problem. One person here said they'd used pickling salts!

0 Not allowed!
    There are a few ways to treat fin rot. Keeping meticulous water conditions/parameters is one of them. I know you already take care of this with weekly water changes, etc., but you could try an additional one, so once every 3 days or something.

That didn't work for my Betta, though. I actually had to medicate. I used Fungus Guard, which healed it right up. Haven't had the problem since. I only used 1/2-3/4 the dose, though, and I dissolved the portion of the tablet in a cup of tank water, before I added it. This is BB, snail and Oto safe. You'll have to look into Loaches, though.

If you wanted to try the all-natural method, Melafix could do the trick. Though, as has been suggested to me, you might want to halve the dose on that, as well.

I'd be very careful with the Angels... sometimes these meds can knock them off. If you want some expert opinion, though, I'd PM IndianWoodsAngel.

Have a fish problem? Fill out and post this completed questionnaire in the General Aquarium Forum, when you start a new thread.

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks for all that Kevin. I'll try the extra W/C for a bit to see if that helps. The I'll move on to meds. Yes, I remember fishmommie's copper disaster. :( Wouldn't want to do that!

Thanks a bunch!

0 Not allowed!
    That must be highly annoying. You do your very best to do things right (and I think you are doing things right) and now this.

I do wonder about finrot. On European forums you read far fewer accounts of this than on American forums. Either we fail to spot it or it's much more prevalent in stock traded in America. If the latter then why?

Anyway, best of luck, hope you get on top of it soon.

0 Not allowed!
    Dutchie, I have a feeling it has something to do with our water... and what we tend to add to it. Chlorine, chloramine, flouride... If it was meant to be in the water, we would have found it in the water. Filtration should be used for city/well water... just not supplements/additives.

Page 30 of 70 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast