· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 26 of 71 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Hey everybody.

I don't have much to report today.
    I tested my nitrates and they're sitting at a 5. I HAD planned on doing a W/C today, but I think I'm going to try and wait it out a day or two longer. Reason being; my supply of Prime is on the low side, and it freaks me out when I don't have a back up. I'm hoping that this week's check will permit me to get a new bottle so I don't have to worry about it.

My last W/C was about 4 days ago, so they should be okay for at most another two days.

Everyone in the tank is doing well and getting along.

I have observed absolutely not problems with the Angels trying to eat any body, not even the shrimp. The Bolivian and the Golden get on like sisters, and they seemed to have been inducted into the Serpae school. The Serpaes gave up chasing anybody in the tank weeks ago, and the loaches stay in their 'rock quarry'. I even saw a baby snail yesterday! It's been a while since I have been able to sustain snails for some reason, so I'm happy about that.

I think my next purchase stock wise will either be more Serpaes, or more Oto's. I need to do the Oto's more than the Serpaes, but my LFS has a good deal on young Serpaes right now. Hmmmmmm....

We've got just about all of the PVC we need to start the sump build, but we don't have the tubs yet... Lol.

Oh the things a budget can do to your hobbies.
    130g: 4 Angelfish, 2 Roseline Sharks, 2 Conga Tetras, 5 Kuhli Loaches, 1 Otocinslus, 1 Corydora

Default An updateless update.

0 Not allowed!
    Hey everybody.

I tested my nitrates and they're sitting at a 5. I HAD planned on doing a W/C today, but I think I'm going to try and wait it out a day or two longer. Reason being; my supply of Prime is on the low side, and it freaks me out when I don't have a back up. I'm hoping that this week's check will permit me to get a new bottle so I don't have to worry about it.

My last W/C was about 4 days ago, so they should be okay for at most another two days.

I have observed absolutely not problems with the Angels trying to eat any body, not even the shrimp. The Bolivian and the Golden get on like sisters, and they seemed to have been inducted into the Serpae school. The Serpaes gave up chasing anybody in the tank weeks ago, and the loaches stay in their 'rock quarry'. I even saw a baby snail yesterday! It's been a while since I have been able to sustain snails for some reason, so I'm happy about that.

I think my next purchase stock wise will either be more Serpaes, or more Oto's. I need to do the Oto's more than the Serpaes, but my LFS has a good deal on young Serpaes right now. Hmmmmmm....

We've got just about all of the PVC we need to start the sump build, but we don't have the tubs yet... Lol.

130g: 4 Angelfish, 2 Roseline Sharks, 2 Conga Tetras, 5 Kuhli Loaches, 1 Otocinslus, 1 Corydora

0 Not allowed!
    Having issues posting for some reason... Lets try this again.

Hey everybody.

0 Not allowed!
    Got three updates! I wonder what's going on.

I think you should get more plants before you get more otos (so they have more cover)
    "Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." Carl Sagan
    ~ My 350 Litre Tank Journal ~
    ~ My 30 Litre Tank Journal ~

0 Not allowed!
    Oops... Lol. Plants are def on the list as well. :)

0 Not allowed!

0 Not allowed!
    Tank is looking good. Are you planning on adding more substrate and planting it up?
    <-- Click for journals
    "There is no right way to do the wrong thing." - KingFisher "Only bad things happen fast in this hobby" - Cliff

0 Not allowed!
    Yup, yup! I will be adding more substrate at some point, but not really for the purpose of planting. I just think it will look better.

I plan on adding a substantial piece of driftwood, and getting some nice low light plants to anchor to it. I'm hoping for something branchy that will take up some decent space.

Also plan on getting as much equipment out of the tank as possible when the sump is set up.

0 Not allowed!
    Looking great, Mandy! It's amazing how that tank dwarves your fish. haha Can't wait until you up your shoal of Serpaes. Once you add them, you should get a vid of them schooling (since it's pretty rare with them). I've noticed that if you ever add 2+ Serpaes to a tank full of Serpaes, they'll school for a few minutes. It's a rarity, but it looks awesome.
    Adventures in Aquaria - The KevinVA Story

When in doubt, ask yourself... W.W.L.S (What would Lee Say)?

Have a fish problem? Fill out and post this completed questionnaire in the General Aquarium Forum, when you start a new thread.

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks Kevin!

My Serpaes school all the time! I kid you not. The Bolivian and the GR school with them, it's crazy. That is unless the Serpaes are schooling because they're freaked out by the other two following them.... Hmm.... Lol, that's something to think about.

Page 26 of 71 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast