· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 25 of 72 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Looking great, Mandy. The only thing I can't get my head around...is the sparseness. I'd load it with dirt and get lots and lots and LOTS of lovely plants in there Still looks good the way it is, just an aesthetic preference.
    "Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." Carl Sagan
    ~ My 350 Litre Tank Journal ~
    ~ My 30 Litre Tank Journal ~

Awards Showcase

Because your not cool unless you gift yourself. - Carapar56 In memory of the one you lost. - Strider199 ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾̃̾)۶ - korith The fishies are coming! the fishies are coming! - Sandz Are you old enough to drink?  Oh, well, For JJ's fish! - gronlaura 
    Discus and Beer! - Sandz Merry Christmas - mommy1 Sorry for your loss - KingFisher Sorry to hear of the old girl's passing - ~firefly~ Happy New Year - mommy1 
    Sorry for you loss, wish this was real. - steeler58 Congratulations on your 100th post! - fishmommie Thanks for the Rep! - steeler58 
    Gay and Lesbian Pride - Carapar56 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Carapar56 Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Carapar56 HIV/AIDS - Carapar56 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Carapar56 

0 Not allowed!
    I have to agree.. With a tank that big i'd get it some flourite substrate and load it up with plants.. I'm sure your fish would love it, and with plenty of cover and plants to swim in and out of you'd most likely see better colors and more activity in your fish.

0 Not allowed!
    It's not just you guys! Don't worry, I have a plan. The next thing in my tank budget is a substantial piece of driftwood. I have a requet in at the LFS.

After I've got that installed I'm going to go the route of low light, wood and rock anchoring plants. Since I upgraded my tank, the light system is a little on the weak side now. I don't want to upgrade the lights, so I'm going that route.

Plants are to come! Haha! As for substrate, I don't really like flourite. I'll probably put more pool filter sand in at some point, because I just have a thin covering at this point.

It's a work in progress. :)
    130g: 4 Angelfish, 2 Roseline Sharks, 2 Conga Tetras, 5 Kuhli Loaches, 1 Otocinslus, 1 Corydora

0 Not allowed!
    Your kuhli loaches will thank you for more sand, that's for sure.
    "Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." Carl Sagan
    ~ My 350 Litre Tank Journal ~
    ~ My 30 Litre Tank Journal ~

0 Not allowed!
    Well, so far so good Mandy. I'm sure it's going to look fantastic when you've got it all sorted. I imagine flourite would be pretty darn expensive for a 130gal. Pool filter sand is probably your best bet (and will look awesome), unless you went with some kind of black sand (like blasting sand). Either way, it'll look great.

What kind of driftwood are you thinking? Stump or branch? Or multiple pieces?
    Adventures in Aquaria - The KevinVA Story

When in doubt, ask yourself... W.W.L.S (What would Lee Say)?

Have a fish problem? Fill out and post this completed questionnaire in the General Aquarium Forum, when you start a new thread.

0 Not allowed!
    I'd like to go with branchy, root system looking.
    130g: 4 Angelfish, 2 Roseline Sharks, 2 Conga Tetras, 5 Kuhli Loaches, 1 Otocinslus, 1 Corydora

0 Not allowed!
    Nice. That's what I've been envisioning over the weekend. That'll look awesome and be perfect for the angels to swim around and through. =]
    Adventures in Aquaria - The KevinVA Story

When in doubt, ask yourself... W.W.L.S (What would Lee Say)?

Have a fish problem? Fill out and post this completed questionnaire in the General Aquarium Forum, when you start a new thread.

Awards Showcase

Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 and gift - mommy1 Thanks for the rep - Cliff Thanks for the rep, have a cool one on me, Cheers - Cliff Thanks and a new fish for the tank - glarior 
    Thanks for the gorgeous slide show! - fishmommie Thanks for the rep the other day - Cliff It's a Sudbury Saturday Night, Cheers - Cliff Hockey finals can not be watched without a hockey pop or two - Cliff Thanks for the rep :) - Greentoads41 
    Thanks for the Rep!! - steeler1 Merry Christmas! - steeler1 Merry Christmas - Cliff May you be living as high as the holiday hog this coming year! - Trillianne Happy New Year - mommy1 
    Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 Thanks for the Rep!! - steeler1 Have a Birthday fish!! - steeler1 Here you go sir, I just wish it had been a good game. - steeler1 Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Strider199 

0 Not allowed!
    I'll confess right now, I have not read all the posts in this thread.
    You better really appreciate the guy who would sell a 30.06 for a fish tank. Thats the hunter in me speaking.

That tank does look like a handful but it's going to be gorgeous when your done with it. Well done MandyK.
    Warning; Bulldog Pleco guarding my Sons tank now..

Please remember; every keystroke has a consequence.

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks Strider!

Yes, he's a good man. It was my Valentine's present. He DID get the gun for free though, and he has plenty others that he prefers. For instance I bought him a $400.00 30.30 that he prefers to hunt with. It goes both ways with us :) Lol, we like each other.

I won't hold it against you for not reading all the posts. The one's in the beginning aren't really relevant anymore anyway.

I'm enjoying the process. That's the best part! I mean when there's nothing left to do is when it gets boring.

Awards Showcase

Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 and gift - mommy1 Thanks for the rep - Cliff Thanks for the rep, have a cool one on me, Cheers - Cliff Thanks and a new fish for the tank - glarior 
    Thanks for the gorgeous slide show! - fishmommie Thanks for the rep the other day - Cliff It's a Sudbury Saturday Night, Cheers - Cliff Hockey finals can not be watched without a hockey pop or two - Cliff Thanks for the rep :) - Greentoads41 
    Thanks for the Rep!! - steeler1 Merry Christmas! - steeler1 Merry Christmas - Cliff May you be living as high as the holiday hog this coming year! - Trillianne Happy New Year - mommy1 
    Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 Thanks for the Rep!! - steeler1 Have a Birthday fish!! - steeler1 Here you go sir, I just wish it had been a good game. - steeler1 Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Strider199 

0 Not allowed!
    I agree with your statement about when there's nothing left to do it gets boring.
    Thats when I decided to try going with a reef tank.

Yours will be an awesome set-up when its done. 130 gallon! I drool.
    Warning; Bulldog Pleco guarding my Sons tank now..

Please remember; every keystroke has a consequence.

Page 25 of 72 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast