· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 18 of 67 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Haha! Wouldn't that be funny??

Yes, poor little Puffy. :(

Since we're on the note of pet deaths... my husband found that ALL of our laying hens were murdered by a chicken hawk today...
    130g: 7 Angelfish, 1 Bolivian, 12 Neon Tetras, 14 Serpae Tetras, 9 Kuhli Loaches, 1 Otocinslus, 1 Corydora ? Ghost Shrimp
    I've noticed that people HATE it when you point out how stupid they are, so now I try to do it politely.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by MandyK View Post
    Since we're on the note of pet deaths... my husband found that ALL of our laying hens were murdered by a chicken hawk today...
    Omg that's terrible! I'm so sorry about that.
    ~Manna
    10 gallon live planted aquarium with 6 neons
    90 gallon fw community in progress

0 Not allowed!
    Oh dear. Wildlife will be opportunistic in its habits. Are chicken hawks like foxes then? They kill everything and leave the bodies?
    "Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." Carl Sagan
    ~ My 350 Litre Tank Journal ~

0 Not allowed!
    Yes, it's quite sad.

FF- No, they kill them and carry them off piece by piece. When we found the hawk, there was only pieces of one body left. We had four hens. The only chicken that survived was our rooster, Sheldon.

Anyway, I forgot to tell you guys this!

Look who I found when I cleaned the substrate out of my tank!

The long lost Agent 47.... My assassin snail who went MIA a few months ago. I guess he really did die. No idea why. I put his shell in my curio cabinet.

I also took the liberty of snapping a few pics of the angels. :) Enjoy.

The white specks are bubbes.
    130g: 7 Angelfish, 1 Bolivian, 12 Neon Tetras, 14 Serpae Tetras, 9 Kuhli Loaches, 1 Otocinslus, 1 Corydora ? Ghost Shrimp
    I've noticed that people HATE it when you point out how stupid they are, so now I try to do it politely.

0 Not allowed!

It's quite hard to get a good side view, because they rush at me when I approach the tank. They're like, "Ya got any food?"

Ahh, that's better. This is my big 'un. Lol. I'm going to say he is on the verge of 4 inches tip to tip.

0 Not allowed!
    That last shot is great. Take the others back and get more like him (I'm kidding!)
    "Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." Carl Sagan
    ~ My 350 Litre Tank Journal ~

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by MandyK View Post
    Did he look like this?!

Too soon? I'm sorry, Mandy, that stinks. Poor hens. I noticed you said the rooster lived. Where was he on that one? Lazy rooster...

Great pics of the Angels. I like the head-on shot, but I agree that last shot is quite beautiful. Can't wait to see them when they're full grown. =X
    Last edited by KevinVA; 02-10-2013 at 10:13 PM.
    Adventures in Aquaria - The KevinVA Story

When in doubt, ask yourself... W.W.L.S (What would Lee Say)?

0 Not allowed!
    So today I've noticed my Serpae's nipping at some of the smaller angels. The question is................. should I increase the school, or trade them in?

I like them, and would like to keep them, but should I spend more money on them and potentially have to return them and take a loss?

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Xmas You Filthy Animal!! - Hardy85 Merry Christmas buddy! - KevinVA Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7 
    Merry Christmas Sandz! - Taurus Happy birthday buddy! - KevinVA Happy B-day!! - steeler1 Happy Bday bud!!! - Hardy85 Have a little cake and ..... - fishmommie 
    .... beer.  Hope it was a good one. - fishmommie Happy Birthday!  Enjoy! - jeffs99dime I'll drink to that! - steeler1 Enjoy! - Hardy85 This one's on me... - Slaphppy7 
    Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Here's to good friends, and new fish! - Slaphppy7 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Happy Drink Like a Viking Friday! - KevinVA 

0 Not allowed!
    I am never in favor of Serpae/Red Minors... bleh... but im biased after they whiped out my 55gal...

Does sheldon look like this?
    FW: 1 45gal, 1 40gal, 3 10gal, 3 30gal all community tanks of different species
    Sw: 1 55gal, 1 30gal show, 1 29gal show, 1 20gal and 2 10's

0 Not allowed!
    Lol, not quite, but I like the joke. :)

Page 18 of 67 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast