· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 17 of 74 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast
  1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I'm not an expert on angels but mine love super soft spirulina sinking pellets by yourfishplace. He also loves their spirulina/veggie flakes. I also feed the tank floating cichlid pellets which he loves. And like you, once a week they get either frozen blood worms or frozen brine shrimp which they devour. I also feed peas once a week and the angel loves them. As you can see, I haven't found him to be a picky eater and he's growing out nicely
    30 g FW planted:corys, ABNP, blue angel, harleys, zebra danios, pair kribs, & nerite snails
    15 g FW planted: crown tail betta, neons, snails
    90 g FW semi planted: EBJD, congos, apple snails
    90 Gal Journal: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=93939
    Fishless cycling: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ead.php?t=5640
    Cycling with fish: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=36492

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Right now my angels are getting a combi of nls community pellets(the 1 mm size), aqueon flake food, and sometimes frozen bloodworms. I sometimes feed some other cichlid pellets, but not that often.

0 Not allowed!
    I'm sure your tank will be ok. The size of the tank with all of that water should dissipate the toxins created from the waste of everything and the Angels are starting out small. I believe the bio colonies should gradually increase without a mini cycle, and if it does, it probably won't be very noticeable.

Does the angel that keeps getting stuck seem like a weak swimmer or something? Are Angels typically weak swimmers?
    Adventures in Aquaria - The KevinVA Story

When in doubt, ask yourself... W.W.L.S (What would Lee Say)?

Have a fish problem? Fill out and post this completed questionnaire in the General Aquarium Forum, when you start a new thread.

0 Not allowed!
    The one who was getting stuck is the smallest of them all. We aren't having any problems with it as of now.

One of the larger ones got stuck, but pulled itself off pretty easily. I think it just had to do with him being small rather than weak. Which small usually = weaker I guess. I'm trying to say that I don't think there is anything wrong with him other than his disadvantage of being the smallest.
    130g: 4 Angelfish, 2 Roseline Sharks, 12 Conga Tetras, 5 Kuhli Loaches, 1 Otocinslus, 1 Corydora

0 Not allowed!
    I suppose I'm just wondering if Angels need lower flowing filtration. Neons are small, too, but do they ever get stuck to your intake?
    Adventures in Aquaria - The KevinVA Story

When in doubt, ask yourself... W.W.L.S (What would Lee Say)?

Have a fish problem? Fill out and post this completed questionnaire in the General Aquarium Forum, when you start a new thread.

0 Not allowed!
    Not unless they were sick.
    130g: 4 Angelfish, 2 Roseline Sharks, 12 Conga Tetras, 5 Kuhli Loaches, 1 Otocinslus, 1 Corydora

0 Not allowed!
    Are you still using all these HOB filters? Might be time for a good cannister or two on a tank that size. Setting them up with spray bars (drilled if necessary) keeps the flow rate a lot gentler, will be almost completely silent, yet increasing your filtration capacity.

(sorry if I've already missed this discussion above...and tell me to shut up)
    "Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." Carl Sagan

~ 350 Litre Tank Journal ~ ~ 30 Litre Tank Journal ~

0 Not allowed!
    Lol, not a problem FF.

I have a sump build in the works which will be taking the place of all the HOB's. It's just taking a little time. We have to save up a bit of money to get all the supplies.

0 Not allowed!
    Ahhhh yes. Sorry - I did read that bit but wasn't sure if it was before or after the discus change.

Sump! Exciting!

0 Not allowed!
    ...you always have those dinosaurs to put in your new six foot. I miss that tank

Page 17 of 74 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast