· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 14 of 69 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by talldutchie View Post
    Am I the only one who has a nagging feeling that rose line barbs and angels might not be the best mix?
    Nope. Angels might get stressed from all of the activity.
    Adventures in Aquaria - The KevinVA Story

When in doubt, ask yourself... W.W.L.S (What would Lee Say)?

Have a fish problem? Fill out and post this completed questionnaire in the General Aquarium Forum, when you start a new thread.

0 Not allowed!
    That and the fact that the Angel's preferred temp is pretty much the upper limit of the barbs.

0 Not allowed!
    I've been wondering about that myself. I'm now worried that they will nip or anything, just maybe disturb them as they swim by at 100mph. Lol!

I'd be open to anyone who wanted to chime in on that one though.
    130g: 6 Angelfish, 2 Roseline Sharks, 5 Kuhli Loaches, 1 Otocinslus, 1 Corydora
    I've noticed that people HATE it when you point out how stupid they are, so now I try to do it politely.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by talldutchie View Post
    Am I the only one who has a nagging feeling that rose line barbs and angels might not be the best mix?
    I wondered that myself. I had the impression that it was a "one or the other" situation.

I can't wait to see those angels! They're going to be cute as little babies, but I can't wait until they are all grown and swimming around in their long-finned glory.
    ~Manna
    10 gallon live planted aquarium with 6 neons
    90 gallon fw community in progress

0 Not allowed!
    My list goes as follows

Angels -- 8
    RLS -- 8
    GBR -- 1
    Serpae -- 20
    Neons -- 20
    Otos -- 10
    Kuhils -- 9

That is my PROJECTED stock list.
    I've noticed that people HATE it when you point out how stupid they are, so now I try to do it politely.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by MandyK View Post
    I've been wondering about that myself. I'm now worried that they will nip or anything, just maybe disturb them as they swim by at 100mph. Lol!

I'd be open to anyone who wanted to chime in on that one though.
    I think they will. And also the barbs like it cooler.

I think you have your heart set on those angels. I'd advice you to skip the barbs then and find something else to match. Have you considered rummy nose? Should be too quick and too big to make an easy angel snack or red-eyes perhaps.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by MandyK View Post
    My list goes as follows

Angels -- 8
    RLS -- 8
    GBR -- 1
    Serpae -- 20
    Neons -- 20
    Otos -- 10
    Kuhils -- 9

That is my PROJECTED stock list.
    Like I said, the rosey are not a good idea. Serpae sometimes are a bit too nippy for something long and flowing. Neons are small enough that they sometimes end up as angelfood.
    Kuhlis need plenty of hiding and are nocturnal

0 Not allowed!
    Ohhh, you're thinking about the angels nipping the barbs aren't you? I don't know.... Hmmmm.

I guess if I had to skip the barbs (which I'm not inclinded to do just to be honest). I could really, REALLY up my schools. Maybe 30 Serpaes, and a crap ton of neons.

I don't know, we shall see. If I come upon a bunch of evidence that says these two just WON'T work (please feel free to point me in that direction) then I will pick something else. I really like the barbs.

EDIT: Sorry you posted a second time while I was writing this. I already have the Serpaes. If they don't work out I'll see about trading them for something else. :) I'm really aware of the risk I'm taking with the neons. That's why I'm getting baby angels. They say you have a better chance if they grow up together. We shall see.
    Last edited by MandyK; 02-08-2013 at 07:34 PM.

Awards Showcase

Because your not cool unless you gift yourself. - Carapar56 In memory of the one you lost. - Strider199 ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾̃̾)۶ - korith The fishies are coming! the fishies are coming! - Sandz Are you old enough to drink?  Oh, well, For JJ's fish! - gronlaura 
    Discus and Beer! - Sandz Merry Christmas - mommy1 Sorry for your loss - KingFisher Sorry to hear of the old girl's passing - ~firefly~ Happy New Year - mommy1 
    Sorry for you loss, wish this was real. - steeler58 Congratulations on your 100th post! - fishmommie Thanks for the Rep! - steeler58 
    Gay and Lesbian Pride - Carapar56 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Carapar56 Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Carapar56 HIV/AIDS - Carapar56 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Carapar56 

0 Not allowed!
    considering you chose Angels. Rose Line Barbs will not work. They require very high flow and cooler temperatures. They really wouldn't do well with Angels. There isn't an issue of nipping, its just that rose lines are very fast, very crazy swimmers, like rainbows, and would disturb the Angels, plus the two just don't have the same needs in terms of temperatures and such.. There are other various species of beautiful barbs if you'd like a different one. I personally think Cherry Barbs are gorgeous. They may seem sort of boring online but in person even the girls are gorgeous. They aren't too bright and they wouldn't really outshine your Angels. I'm not sure about nipping but I'm pretty positive they wouldn't bother the Angels.

0 Not allowed!
    My main concern with your idea is temperature really. I say head over to seriously fish and read some profiles. Keep an eye on the serpae, if it turns out to be a problem you can act.

Page 14 of 69 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast