· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 13 of 74 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Whatever you choose will influence what options you have in bottom dwellers.

0 Not allowed!
    If you're taking votes, I'm for pool sand, black sand or a rock bottom w/ tiers. Not sure I'd go for glass rocks, but that's just a personal preference. I loved how you did your substrate before, though. That looked really nice.

Edit: Your Loaches would probably appreciate sand, though, wouldn't they?
    Last edited by KevinVA; 02-08-2013 at 05:08 PM.
    Adventures in Aquaria - The KevinVA Story

When in doubt, ask yourself... W.W.L.S (What would Lee Say)?

Have a fish problem? Fill out and post this completed questionnaire in the General Aquarium Forum, when you start a new thread.

0 Not allowed!
    TD: Whatever I get will def have to be okay for my loaches.

KEV: I don't know. I really like the look of sand. Whatever I end up getting will come after the sump is built and all that good stuff. I've got a while.

Doing a precautionary testing of the parms and a W/C before I head out to the LFS!
    130g: 4 Angelfish, 2 Roseline Sharks, 12 Conga Tetras, 5 Kuhli Loaches, 1 Otocinslus, 1 Corydora

Awards Showcase

It's EOTW Beer Time! - KevinVA Nobody likes to drinl alone :) - steeler58 Back at you,  good sir! - Compass Here's to Lee's 5000 and Guava Flavored Whiskey! - Taurus Why drink alone, when a Sandz is nearby? - KevinVA 
    Sorry to hear of your loss, it always sucks to lose fish. - mommy1 Wish it was a real one, sorry for your loses :( - steeler58 So sorry about your fish! - SeaLady Here is pie. - mommy1 for the one you lost :o( - fishmommie 
    No Message - Fishhook Bottoms up! - Slaphppy7 Thanks, this one is on me - mommy1 Here's to 4,000 posts :) - steeler58 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    TGIF and here's to good whiskey :-) - Taurus Thanks for the rep :) - rebecca_finny pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie thank you for your help and advice - showmebutterfly Even Monday's are better with severum - showmebutterfly 

0 Not allowed!
    I vote pool/play sand. Home depot $9 for 100lbs. I have used it in many a tank.
    FW: 1 45gal, 1 40gal, 3 10gal, 3 30gal all community tanks of different species
    Sw: 1 55gal, 1 30gal show, 1 29gal show, 1 20gal and 2 10's

0 Not allowed!
    I've never even laid eyes on a Home Depot. Lol. But don't worry, we have a pool shop I can get it at if that's what I choose. I do think it would brighten things up a bit.

Well, it looks like I'm waiting till this evening to pick up my fish. My husband want's to be in on the choosing.
    130g: 4 Angelfish, 2 Roseline Sharks, 12 Conga Tetras, 5 Kuhli Loaches, 1 Otocinslus, 1 Corydora

0 Not allowed!
    Haha, you're turning him into a monster! I can't wait to see what you do. =]

Have a fish problem? Fill out and post this completed questionnaire in the General Aquarium Forum, when you start a new thread.

0 Not allowed!
    He'll get bragging rights though. How many guys can say they get private displays from the blue angels. ;-)

0 Not allowed!
    lol, well said. ;P

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by MandyK View Post
    Thank you guys, once again.

Sandz, it isn't the sump that's the issue. The more I think about it, the more I think that this just won't work out. I have a feeling that the stress I'll be harboring over these guys will just about ruin the experience for me, and let's face it... this was a fairly risky endeavor for someone who has been in the hobby for LESS than a year.

We are still doing the sump build and all the mechanical issues, but I'm positive that there has been a stock change.

Maybe when I'm in a better place and have more experience. I mean hey, I've got a LONG time to get comfortable enough to try Discus. :)

You guys are great, I just think I got a little too ambitious. I don't mean to let any one down, but I really feel a TON better with this this choice. And hey, angels are beautiful as well!
    I backed away from discus for the same reason, Mandy. I want to enjoy the tank and I decided that I'd be worried about discus all the time. I worry all the time now LOL but discus would be worse. Angels are a good choice.

I have a beautiful pearlscape smokey blue Philippine marble angel in my south american tank. I cannot tell you how gorgeous he is. He's not a veil but still a stunner. you could also house severums with angels - but maybe you've already thought of that. my yellow makes me think of a discus. big and round and brightly colored. very mellow fish. And I'm telling you, I love my blood parrots. cute and comical and sweet as can be. talk about color! Whatever you decide, I'm sure you'll enjoy the tank!
    30 g FW planted:corys, ABNP, blue angel, harleys, zebra danios, pair kribs, & nerite snails
    15 g FW planted: crown tail betta, neons, snails
    90 g FW semi planted: EBJD, congos, apple snails
    90 Gal Journal: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=93939
    Fishless cycling: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ead.php?t=5640
    Cycling with fish: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=36492

0 Not allowed!
    Am I the only one who has a nagging feeling that rose line barbs and angels might not be the best mix?

Page 13 of 74 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast