· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 10 of 69 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    I wonder if you could do tiger barbs with angels? Didn't I see you say somewhere that you liked them?
    ~Manna
    10 gallon live planted aquarium with 6 neons
    90 gallon fw community in progress

0 Not allowed!
    Oh I love them! I don't think they'd do well with the angels though. They would probably rip their fins to shreds.
    130g: 6 Angelfish, 2 Roseline Sharks, 5 Kuhli Loaches, 1 Otocinslus, 1 Corydora
    I've noticed that people HATE it when you point out how stupid they are, so now I try to do it politely.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by MandyK View Post
    On another note, I'm seriously considering scrapping the Discus idea, and going with a school of angels..... .
    There has to be a fit between the type of fish you stock, and the type of fish that you will enjoy. IMO, that is just as important and picking fish that are suited for your set-up. If you not going to enjoy keeping them, then why keep them ????

I'm looking forward to seeing your new stocking list develop
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

0 Not allowed!
    Oh I bet you're right Mandy. I guess they do well in a species only or special barb tank.
    ~Manna
    10 gallon live planted aquarium with 6 neons
    90 gallon fw community in progress

0 Not allowed!
    That 130g looks quite long. Not quite sure but I'd say 5 feet at least. I think Mandy's into south america species but it's borderline big enough to do clown loaches properly and they look amazing with tiger barbs.

This tank is big enough to do any number of schhooling species in the numbers that make them look really good and natural

0 Not allowed!
    She's 6 feet long, and 1 1/2 foot wide. I THINK it's 2 feet tall. The others I'm sure of though.

My adjusted stock list is as follows:

8 Angels -- as suggested by KingFisher
    6 Roseline sharks -- to have a proper school

And the rest of my stock that is in my sig line. I'm probablly going to up my number of Otos, and possibly the Serpaes. I'm worried that the Serpaes will nip my angels, so more of them will help to concentrate their efforts on each other I'm hoping.

Thanks for the title change Cliff!
    Last edited by MandyK; 02-07-2013 at 07:59 PM.
    I've noticed that people HATE it when you point out how stupid they are, so now I try to do it politely.

Awards Showcase

My turn to buy - fishmommie It's EOTW Beer Time! - KevinVA Nobody likes to drinl alone :) - steeler58 Back at you,  good sir! - Compass Here's to Lee's 5000 and Guava Flavored Whiskey! - Taurus 
    Why drink alone, when a Sandz is nearby? - KevinVA Sorry to hear of your loss, it always sucks to lose fish. - mommy1 Wish it was a real one, sorry for your loses :( - steeler58 So sorry about your fish! - SeaLady Here is pie. - mommy1 
    for the one you lost :o( - fishmommie No Message - Fishhook Bottoms up! - Slaphppy7 Thanks, this one is on me - mommy1 Here's to 4,000 posts :) - steeler58 
    T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 TGIF and here's to good whiskey :-) - Taurus Thanks for the rep :) - rebecca_finny pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie thank you for your help and advice - showmebutterfly 

0 Not allowed!
    I would double if not triple the neons too... They are so impressive with a large school.
    FW: 1 45gal, 1 40gal, 3 10gal, 3 30gal all community tanks of different species
    Sw: 1 55gal, 1 30gal show, 1 29gal show, 1 20gal and 2 10's

0 Not allowed!
    That is also a great idea BUT, there is a pretty large risk that the angels will eat them when they grow up. I feel like I better wait on that one.

0 Not allowed!
    8 Angels are going to look awesome in that tank. =] And I can't wait to see a school of Roseline Sharks, too. Very fun! You could probably get a nice big school of Otos. They'd actually be fun to watch, as well. The more the better - I'm sure the two you have probably hide quite a bit. Once their numbers are larger, you'll see much more of them.

You'll probably be surprised about the serpaes (maybe not, since you've had them for a while). As I've had them since the beginning of my adventure into fishkeeping, they've never bothered any other species. The most I'd see is one or two eyeing up a new addition. After the essential "sizing-up" they'll leave 'em alone. They did this with the GBRs, Apistos, and SAEs. They didn't even try that with my Gourami or Killifish. I think you'll be fine. They do chase each other quite a bit, though. I'd definitely add to the school though, they look much better in greater numbers (even just adding the 3 in my tank to make 12 was enough to make it look better). You'd probably want to do more in yours, of course. =]
    Adventures in Aquaria - The KevinVA Story

When in doubt, ask yourself... W.W.L.S (What would Lee Say)?

Have a fish problem? Fill out and post this completed questionnaire in the General Aquarium Forum, when you start a new thread.

0 Not allowed!
    grrr... the forum keeps making me post twice.
    Adventures in Aquaria - The KevinVA Story

When in doubt, ask yourself... W.W.L.S (What would Lee Say)?

Have a fish problem? Fill out and post this completed questionnaire in the General Aquarium Forum, when you start a new thread.

Page 10 of 69 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast