· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
  1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by steeler1 View Post
    All of your talk of Ember tetras help convince me to buy 15 for my 50 gal do over.
    Haha, I'm pretty sure you were the one who motivated me to get some after you probably posted something about how great they were. They ARE a great little fish, aren't they? :)
    As for my ten gallon, my prefilter sponges got in today. So my plan for the ten gallon is to clean up all the algae, decrease the fertilizer I'm putting in there, move my ghost shrimp to the 30 gal, and embark on a shrimp tank. Three cheers for shrimp!
    Tanks: 30 gal community and 10 gal shrimp/community
    Journals Here

Awards Showcase

Thx. Have another on me! - pRED Enjoy the 4th brother :-) - Taurus Bleeding blues! - RiversGirl TGIF and here's to the bleeding blues Lee. - Taurus This one's on me.... - Slaphppy7 
    pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie Congrats on 30th anniversary, Lee - SeaLady the Bleeding blue makes an appearance at last! - RiversGirl And one for you for as well. :) - Compass T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    To new fishies and gambling addictions! lol - Compass Good to see your still at it. - Strider199 Happy 2 year anniversary! - Slaphppy7 Congratualtions on 2 years at the AC.  We are all better for it! - fishmommie Happy 2nd anniversary. to Many more - SeaLady 
    for the thing in your signature about saandy hook, i was in elementary during that time. - aquariumlover10 Thanks for the bucks!! - SeaLady No Message - RiversGirl New fishys - SeaLady Congrats on 7,000 posts! - Slaphppy7 
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler1 Childhood Cancer - steeler1 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - steeler1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1 
    Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - steeler1 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 

0 Not allowed!
    Here's one that looks like a cross between a Black neon and glowlight; the Amapa/redline tetra.

I would give my little finger to find them.
    Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
    Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit.
    -Vince Lombardi

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ― John Wooden
    Sandy Hook Elementary......Lest We Forget
    See my profile for my tanks and what fish I keep

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Wow, how unique! I've never seen those before, though I have seen a similar look-alike, the Savanna tetra. How on earth do you even know a tetra like that? There is basically nothing available on them on the web, that i could find it anyway.
    Here is some blue color that I think really appeals to me for some reason.

I really like the look of these, but they are hard to find as well.... there are two blue tetras on seriously fish, Mimagoniates microlepis and Knodus Borki. The "blue tetras" on aquabid are either Boehlkea fredcochui or the blue kerri emperor tetra. I don't know what to think about any of them.
    Journals Here

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Well, I got 8 Rummynose tetra. It was between them and the green neon. The green neon had that great unique blue color with a bit of green, but it is a calm lower-level swimmer and I already have glowlights down at that depth. The rummynose don't have blue, but they do I have some red, and their activity is a nice contrast to the rest of my fish. I didn't want to get danios, because I thought their activity was overkill and might stress out the black neons especially. So I went with rummynose instead. I think they will fit in great- they have already gotten most of their red on their nose back from stress, and their swimming is normal. Pics, as always, will try to be posted as soon as they begin to look good.
    Other finalists included: bloodfins, harly's, more black neons and glowlights, agazzasi corys, aneus corys, peppered corys, kitty tetra, leopard longfin danio, purple emperor tetra, and blue tetras. I am now done with the schoolers in the 30 gal :)
    Journals Here

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Btw steeler1, they had ornate tetra and a bunch of other species that made me wish I knew all the types of tetra like you ;) There was one especially with silver tips, and a red body, like a red silvertip tetra. I had no idea what it was!
    Journals Here

Awards Showcase

Thx. Have another on me! - pRED Enjoy the 4th brother :-) - Taurus Bleeding blues! - RiversGirl TGIF and here's to the bleeding blues Lee. - Taurus This one's on me.... - Slaphppy7 
    pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie Congrats on 30th anniversary, Lee - SeaLady the Bleeding blue makes an appearance at last! - RiversGirl And one for you for as well. :) - Compass T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    To new fishies and gambling addictions! lol - Compass Good to see your still at it. - Strider199 Happy 2 year anniversary! - Slaphppy7 Congratualtions on 2 years at the AC.  We are all better for it! - fishmommie Happy 2nd anniversary. to Many more - SeaLady 
    for the thing in your signature about saandy hook, i was in elementary during that time. - aquariumlover10 Thanks for the bucks!! - SeaLady No Message - RiversGirl New fishys - SeaLady Congrats on 7,000 posts! - Slaphppy7 
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler1 Childhood Cancer - steeler1 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - steeler1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1 
    Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - steeler1 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Greentoads41 View Post
    Wow, how unique! I've never seen those before, though I have seen a similar look-alike, the Savanna tetra. How on earth do you even know a tetra like that? There is basically nothing available on them on the web, that i could find it anyway.
    Here is some blue color that I think really appeals to me for some reason.

I really like the look of these, but they are hard to find as well.... there are two blue tetras on seriously fish, Mimagoniates microlepis and Knodus Borki. The "blue tetras" on aquabid are either Boehlkea fredcochui or the blue kerri emperor tetra. I don't know what to think about any of them.
    The fish in the video is; Boehlkea fredcochi. I believe the you-tube poster got his/her scientific names mixed up our it could be another language?

The Amapa/redline tetras scentific name is; Hyphessobrycon amapaensis. Maybe that will help your research. I first saw them in one if the tropical fish magazines in 2006.
    Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
    -Vince Lombardi

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ― John Wooden

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Greentoads41 View Post
    Btw steeler1, they had ornate tetra and a bunch of other species that made me wish I knew all the types of tetra like you ;) There was one especially with silver tips, and a red body, like a red silvertip tetra. I had no idea what it was!
    That a tough one; it has me stumped unless they came up with a color-morph of the Silvertip; you never know.

Great choice on the rummy nose by the way, I have them in both tanks (it's a long story).

Sounds like that LFS has a great selection.
    -Vince Lombardi

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Yes, they really do. They are pretty knowledgable too. I talked to a couple of their employees, and they said they were trying to order in some new species of killi (from africa i think?), which would be a huge breakthrough around here because the only killi we ever see is the golden wonder. They are also on the waiting list for dwarf chain loach, and I am waiting for them to get more ember tetras! They also said they would probably buy shrimp from me if i started overflowing my ten gal. So now im thinking I need to order some neocardinia ;) either cherries or blue or yellow morph.

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Upon further research; Knodus Borki and Boehlkea fredcochui look like they are a seperate species. Learn something new every day LOL. Boy they sure look alike.
    -Vince Lombardi

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Yeah, i figured they were one and the same ;D Woops.

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast