· Tropical Fish Food
Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
  1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Tanks: 30 gal community and 10 gal shrimp/community
    Journals Here

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Just wanted to say, I am loving the color I am getting on my ember tetras since I have changed food. i will soon up the school to 14. In the other tank, I might be having a little regret on having glowlights in there. I love them and their behavior, but I don't think they are best suited for my tank. i don't know, something just looks a little off. I find myself thinking of opportunities lost, of the kitty tetras and green bloodfins. Set up another tank? perhaps....perhaps....but alas, no money nor the time. maybe the glowlights will grow on me; that has happened before. They are still loved.
    Journals Here

Awards Showcase

Thx. Have another on me! - pRED Enjoy the 4th brother :-) - Taurus Bleeding blues! - RiversGirl TGIF and here's to the bleeding blues Lee. - Taurus This one's on me.... - Slaphppy7 
    pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie Congrats on 30th anniversary, Lee - SeaLady the Bleeding blue makes an appearance at last! - RiversGirl And one for you for as well. :) - Compass T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    To new fishies and gambling addictions! lol - Compass Good to see your still at it. - Strider199 Happy 2 year anniversary! - Slaphppy7 Congratualtions on 2 years at the AC.  We are all better for it! - fishmommie Happy 2nd anniversary. to Many more - SeaLady 
    for the thing in your signature about saandy hook, i was in elementary during that time. - aquariumlover10 Thanks for the bucks!! - SeaLady No Message - RiversGirl New fishys - SeaLady Congrats on 7,000 posts! - Slaphppy7 
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler1 Childhood Cancer - steeler1 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - steeler1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1 
    Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - steeler1 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 

0 Not allowed!
    Ember tetras are a great little fish , Glowlights should grow on you, they were the second Characin I ever kept after Neon's.

Did you find Kitty tetras? I used to see them offered at a couple of places but no more. Always looking for something new.
    Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
    Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit.
    -Vince Lombardi

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ― John Wooden
    Sandy Hook Elementary......Lest We Forget
    See my profile for my tanks and what fish I keep

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I did find them! The only time I had heard about them was a post that you had written awhile back about them lol. But yeah, they looked way cool. However, they were about $7 a fish as I recall, and stocking a school was a bit outside the price range, and I didn't want to buy a fish I barely knew anything about. Now that I've looked them up and learned about them, they make me want another tank.....
    Journals Here

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Took a trip to the nice fish store, and got T5 lighting and API CO2 supplement. Also some anarcharis. Unfortunately, they were all out of embers....but I did see leopard danios and celestial pearl danios! also 2 sterbai cories, which I ALMOST got. SO I got home, and set everything up. It all looks fantastic, and the rearranged plant scape is very pleasing to me. So now with my ferts, lighting, and CO2, I now have no excuse to not be able to run a planted tank. Wish me luck! I'll post threads about urgent issues as always if need be, and I'll also try to post photos soon.
    Journals Here

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Journals Here

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Just an udpate, my each anacharis plant has grown about an inch since I put them in. Also seeing new crypt growth and wisteria growth, and waiting on the dwarf sag to take off.
    Journals Here

Awards Showcase

Thx. Have another on me! - pRED Enjoy the 4th brother :-) - Taurus Bleeding blues! - RiversGirl TGIF and here's to the bleeding blues Lee. - Taurus This one's on me.... - Slaphppy7 
    pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie Congrats on 30th anniversary, Lee - SeaLady the Bleeding blue makes an appearance at last! - RiversGirl And one for you for as well. :) - Compass T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    To new fishies and gambling addictions! lol - Compass Good to see your still at it. - Strider199 Happy 2 year anniversary! - Slaphppy7 Congratualtions on 2 years at the AC.  We are all better for it! - fishmommie Happy 2nd anniversary. to Many more - SeaLady 
    for the thing in your signature about saandy hook, i was in elementary during that time. - aquariumlover10 Thanks for the bucks!! - SeaLady No Message - RiversGirl New fishys - SeaLady Congrats on 7,000 posts! - Slaphppy7 
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler1 Childhood Cancer - steeler1 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - steeler1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1 
    Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - steeler1 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 

0 Not allowed!
    By the way the glowlights look good, hope they grew on you. They contrast well with your Black neons.
    Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
    -Vince Lombardi

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ― John Wooden

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    All of your talk of Ember tetras help convince me to buy 15 for my 50 gal do over.
    -Vince Lombardi

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by steeler1 View Post
    By the way the glowlights look good, hope they grew on you. They contrast well with your Black neons.
    I really think they have (grown on me). I decided to get them in a school because I have seen youtube videos of their frivolous, frisky behavior when in a school. Now, as I observe them more and more, I am seeing their character in contrast to the black neons as well as color. The black neons basically are scattered throughout the tank, hovering in one spot or against the current. The glowlights are usually on the lower portion of the tank, with 2-3 chasing each other around, moving through plants, and almost always moving or exploring around the tank. They aren't half as active as danios, and they don't annoy any fish. They are a great tetra.
    Now, with almost all my otocinclus gone (for reasons unknown), I'm thinking again how I can finish off my stock in the thirty gal. I could up my tetra schools, add another shoaling school , add a school of corys or loach, or add a couple more bolivian rams.
    As for another shoaling school, I really think with the colors in my tank, a blue tetra would look very nice. I also want some sort of top dweller. If there was such thing as a blue hatchetfish, I would be very tempted. Whatever way I go, I know I can't go wrong I am in no hurry to finish the stock either, I am extremely pleased with the way things are now. What do you think I should do with my stock?
    Journals Here

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast