· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Awards Showcase

Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 and gift - mommy1 Thanks for the rep - Cliff Thanks for the rep, have a cool one on me, Cheers - Cliff Thanks and a new fish for the tank - glarior 
    Thanks for the gorgeous slide show! - fishmommie Thanks for the rep the other day - Cliff It's a Sudbury Saturday Night, Cheers - Cliff Hockey finals can not be watched without a hockey pop or two - Cliff Thanks for the rep :) - Greentoads41 
    Thanks for the Rep!! - steeler1 Merry Christmas! - steeler1 Merry Christmas - Cliff May you be living as high as the holiday hog this coming year! - Trillianne Happy New Year - mommy1 
    Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 Thanks for the Rep!! - steeler1 Have a Birthday fish!! - steeler1 Here you go sir, I just wish it had been a good game. - steeler1 Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Strider199 

0 Not allowed!
    I just finished feeding my hoard some mysis shrimp. Holy Cow!!!!

After thawing, rinsing in r/o water in a brine net, I added a small pinch. The two fish went at the shrimp like they haven't fed in days. My skunk cleaner shrimp got his share, he took the larger pieces from the damsel and firegoby.
    I used some of the thawed cube in my sons freshwater tank and the Harlequins tore through the shrimp like a school of piranha. The Cardinals got their share as well.
    These little mysis shrimp seem to be very tasty.
    Warning; Bulldog Pleco guarding my Sons tank now..

Please remember; every keystroke has a consequence.

0 Not allowed!
    I do almost the same thing as you strider. When I feed froozen foods, all tanks (marine and fresh water) get some

The mysis also seasm to be one of the favorites for all of my guys, and brine shrimp comes in at a close second
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

Awards Showcase

Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 and gift - mommy1 Thanks for the rep - Cliff Thanks for the rep, have a cool one on me, Cheers - Cliff Thanks and a new fish for the tank - glarior 
    Thanks for the gorgeous slide show! - fishmommie Thanks for the rep the other day - Cliff It's a Sudbury Saturday Night, Cheers - Cliff Hockey finals can not be watched without a hockey pop or two - Cliff Thanks for the rep :) - Greentoads41 
    Thanks for the Rep!! - steeler1 Merry Christmas! - steeler1 Merry Christmas - Cliff May you be living as high as the holiday hog this coming year! - Trillianne Happy New Year - mommy1 
    Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 Thanks for the Rep!! - steeler1 Have a Birthday fish!! - steeler1 Here you go sir, I just wish it had been a good game. - steeler1 Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Strider199 

0 Not allowed!
    The thing that I haven't figured out yet is, do corals and zoanthids like mysis? I picked up a Sea Squirt which extends to 35 inches because my turkey baster will not reach to the bottom of my 55 gallon without me sticking my arm in.
    If I get some mysis into the device will the soft corals and zoa's get anything from the shrimp or do they get enough food from the light?

0 Not allowed!
    With the correct amount of light, they will do fine without any feeding. There are liquid foods that you can add to the tank for them which really excellerate grow and enhanse coloring, but you have to be carful using them as they can also lead to algae as well.

http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/revi...package&cat=32

Corals with larger mouths can be fed mysis. I used to feed that to my brain corals all the time and they did well on them. Coral pellets work well and are a little easier to feed as they sink faster

http://www.reefaquarium.com/2012/feeding-corals/

Can`t comment on the sea squirt, I have never kept those before

Sounds like we need a up-dated tank pic strider ***hint,... hint***
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks Cliff. I do use a liquid coral food named Fuel which I dose once a week. I add it to the return pump compartment of my sump.

I finally figured out what was wrong with my usb port where I uploaded pictures to. I'll get a few pictures later today and post them.

Awards Showcase

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    I hope the above works. I hate huge pictures.

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    My new dartfish, a fire goby hybrid. My son says it looks like the evil version of the fire goby we have in the tank. They seem to be schooling fish as both are hanging out together. I asked and researched before adding a second fire goby to my tank. They do get along well. Judging by the height of the dorsal fins I would say the original is a male and the purple version is a female but I'm not 100% sure of that. I like the two versions and thats what counts.

http://i1131.photobucket.com/albums/...9/SAM_1040.jpg

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!

In case the other link doesn't work.

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    I went out today and bought a SICCE wave surfer. This programmable wave maker is awesome. I also bought a smaller Koralia 425gph wave pump. I have the 425 aimed at my green star polyp coral and the 750gph at the opposite end of the tank, aimed at the live rock. The other 750gph Koralia is aimed at the surface and is always on.
    The SICCE alternates the current from the right to left to right side of the tank making the soft coral dance in the tank. I am still making slight adjustments as to where the flow is going. Man is this fun.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast