· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default New Reputation System

0 Not allowed!
    A number of people have asked about the reputation system after the upate and some have reported that they lost reputation. First let me assure every one that you still have all your reputation.

The new system do however display reputation in another way. The old system only featured one type of stars. This new system features 3 different stars if different value Bronze, Silver / Gold awards. The new system can show a lot higher reputation values without using a lot os space. Something that can be good as we have a number of members with loooota of rep points..

These are the current values:
    green dot 100
    dark green 200
    gold 300
    bronze star 3000
    silver 15 000
    gold 75 000
    Do as I say. Not as I do.

Awards Showcase

Happy Mother's Day! - Slaphppy7 For 7,000 posts!! - steeler58 Thanks for the rep!! - steeler58 For working with new fish keepers! Outstanding this month. - Taurus Just Because - Surfdog 
    A round for the fallen this Memorial Day weekend. - Compass I had no cup, so I put it on a bun... - Slaphppy7 You are amazing! So smart and giving. - SeaLady Can't give you any more rep, but well said! - steeler58 Thank again!! You seem to enjoy your coffee. - steeler58 
    Thanks for the rep!! - Compass this doesnt look like pie... not the right kind.. - Sandz for providing solid guidance to others - RiversGirl Thanks for the rep! :) - Compass cheers - Fishhook 
    Using up my winnings on my friends! - Compass No Message - Fishhook beeeeeeeer! - Sandz Bottoms up! (even though you don't drink, lol) - Slaphppy7 We miss you... - Compass 

0 Not allowed!
    I'm not liking the new system much to be honest. It "looks" like I have a lot less rep than i do, I know I haven't lost any rep, but it looks that way. I guess I will get used to it.
    When I go fishing I just place a sharp rock in the water and sit there waiting for all the dead fish to float to the top... Kingfisher
    Brutal honesty will be shown on this screen.
    I think my fish is adjusting well to the four gallon, He's laying on his side attempting to go to sleep on the bottom of the gravel.
    Tolerance is a great thing to have, so is the ability to shut up.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
    Merry Christmas! - Lab_Rat thank you for the birthday wishes - mommy1 Happy One Year AC Anniversary! - Rue For being understanding, thank you - Cliff (closest I could find to a catfish) Thanks for the nomination! - sheamurai 
    Thank you for the MOTM nomination - mommy1 I think you deserve a random gift. Yes, I think you do. - PhillipOrigami For being a fellow MA native! - Lolita Happy Birthday to you. - jeffs99dime Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    It's a Christmas Bunny, Merry Christmas. - gadget228 I've not seen anyone with an umbrella here. You seem to have an odd collection of gifts...so here's my contribution. :-) - ~firefly~ "genocidex;1139790]stupid question... but would i be able to use lawn clovers in a tank?  lol"  REALLY - Strider199 crayfish! - Brhino thanks for sharing - sheamurai 
    For filling out my school! :) - Flyby Stardancer silly rabbit... - sheamurai They say one of these a day keeps doctors away.... - Trillianne Day Two... - Trillianne Thanks for the frogbit very much :) - Greentoads41 
    World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - genocidex 

0 Not allowed!
    so if i understand this right mommy has 76800 rep points?
    KING OF THE GOLD BARBS RAWR!!!!
    I wonder if i plant one of my tiger barbs would the demon seed grow to a full tree?
    gotta love them bunnies!
    I.R.S.: We've got what it takes to take what you've got!

Awards Showcase

Happy Mother's Day! - Slaphppy7 For 7,000 posts!! - steeler58 Thanks for the rep!! - steeler58 For working with new fish keepers! Outstanding this month. - Taurus Just Because - Surfdog 
    A round for the fallen this Memorial Day weekend. - Compass I had no cup, so I put it on a bun... - Slaphppy7 You are amazing! So smart and giving. - SeaLady Can't give you any more rep, but well said! - steeler58 Thank again!! You seem to enjoy your coffee. - steeler58 
    Thanks for the rep!! - Compass this doesnt look like pie... not the right kind.. - Sandz for providing solid guidance to others - RiversGirl Thanks for the rep! :) - Compass cheers - Fishhook 
    Using up my winnings on my friends! - Compass No Message - Fishhook beeeeeeeer! - Sandz Bottoms up! (even though you don't drink, lol) - Slaphppy7 We miss you... - Compass 

0 Not allowed!
    Not quite that much, but a very close guess genocidex.
    When I go fishing I just place a sharp rock in the water and sit there waiting for all the dead fish to float to the top... Kingfisher
    I think my fish is adjusting well to the four gallon, He's laying on his side attempting to go to sleep on the bottom of the gravel.

0 Not allowed!
    I agree the new rep schematic is lacking clarity and makes it really hard to distinguish who has what amount without a guide.
    I understand that it likely came this way and has just not made it to the top of the priority list yet.

I just don't think it's intuitively obvious how it works & there's no point to it at all if it's a system that will constantly need to be interpreted for people. Add to that the fact that literally 99% of the time people see rep they are not going to be viewing this guide to it and . .

Gas mileage isn't everything OIIIIIIIO
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.
    Why pretend there are no stupid questions? Actually, There are many stupid questions: "Should I drink this bleach?" Is just one example.
    Having said that, Just because it's a stupid question doesn't mean that it shouldn't be asked. It's better to know.

A warm beer is better than a cold beer. Because nothing is better than a cold beer, and a warm beer is better than nothing.

0 Not allowed!
    The graphical display round it of a little bit but is by far close enough. If you looked at mine you would be less than 1% off.

That it feels/look less is just a matter of the way you are used to read the stars. I am sure that everyone will get used to this new system soon enough but I know it can be a pain in the meantime. I am sorry about that and the change but the old system would not work with the updated software.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by 850R View Post
    I just don't think it's intuitively obvious how it works & there's no point to it at all if it's a system that will constantly need to be interpreted for people. Add to that the fact that literally 99% of the time people see rep they are not going to be viewing this guide to it and .
    This is exactly the objections I got when the system with gold stars was introduced.

I think you are right that 99% of all users will not read this guide and will not understand the meaning of it. But 99% of people never use or care about rep. It is really only for regulars. None the less I will look into how it can be made clearer.

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Is it possible to change the graphics and make the silver and bronze stars into bars or something besides stars... I am jealous that 850r has 6 stars and I only have 1.

0 Not allowed!
    Changing the bronze and silver stars into lets says boxes to seperate them from small bars would not be a problem if that would be better.

Awards Showcase

Thx. Have another on me! - pRED Enjoy the 4th brother :-) - Taurus Bleeding blues! - RiversGirl TGIF and here's to the bleeding blues Lee. - Taurus This one's on me.... - Slaphppy7 
    pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie Congrats on 30th anniversary, Lee - SeaLady the Bleeding blue makes an appearance at last! - RiversGirl And one for you for as well. :) - Compass T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    To new fishies and gambling addictions! lol - Compass Good to see your still at it. - Strider199 Happy 2 year anniversary! - Slaphppy7 Congratualtions on 2 years at the AC.  We are all better for it! - fishmommie Happy 2nd anniversary. to Many more - SeaLady 
    for the thing in your signature about saandy hook, i was in elementary during that time. - aquariumlover10 Thanks for the bucks!! - SeaLady No Message - RiversGirl New fishys - SeaLady Congrats on 7,000 posts! - Slaphppy7 
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler1 Childhood Cancer - steeler1 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - steeler1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1 
    Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - steeler1 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks again for all your hard work. The new design looks great it reminds me of another forum on a different subject I belong to.
    Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
    Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit.
    -Vince Lombardi

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ― John Wooden
    Sandy Hook Elementary......Lest We Forget
    See my profile for my tanks and what fish I keep