Guys, I have always wanted a Miniature Dachshund. We were at the pet store a few weeks back, and they had one. It was $899. CRAZY!

Well, Kimberly (my fiance) surprised me yesterday with this:

He is 2 years old. She got him from a lady who had 2 young kids. They had to get rid of him because their neighbors had BIG dogs and he always ran to their house if he got outside, so it wasn't safe for him. Lucky for me, he is already trained to let you know he needs to go outside. My 2 other little dogs are only trained to go on a pad, which I hate. I'm gonna work on getting them trained. They are also about 2 years old. Everyone is getting along except for my cat. She has been on top of the kitchen cabinets since the dog got here haha. I took her down and put her in the office with her litter box and food so she could take care of business and eat.

For anyone technical with dogs, I know all of the precautions that should be taken with Dachshunds. My aunt had them while I was growing up. I'm going to get him a step ladder for the couch and bed to keep him from jumping too much.

Anyway, we named the dog Gibson. His name was Moses, and that's not going to work for me at all.

Anyone else have one of these amazing little dogs?