· Responsible Fish Keeping
· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

Hybrid View

1. Default I finally got the dog I've always wanted! Pix included!

0 Not allowed!
    Guys, I have always wanted a Miniature Dachshund. We were at the pet store a few weeks back, and they had one. It was $899. CRAZY!

Well, Kimberly (my fiance) surprised me yesterday with this:

He is 2 years old. She got him from a lady who had 2 young kids. They had to get rid of him because their neighbors had BIG dogs and he always ran to their house if he got outside, so it wasn't safe for him. Lucky for me, he is already trained to let you know he needs to go outside. My 2 other little dogs are only trained to go on a pad, which I hate. I'm gonna work on getting them trained. They are also about 2 years old. Everyone is getting along except for my cat. She has been on top of the kitchen cabinets since the dog got here haha. I took her down and put her in the office with her litter box and food so she could take care of business and eat.

For anyone technical with dogs, I know all of the precautions that should be taken with Dachshunds. My aunt had them while I was growing up. I'm going to get him a step ladder for the couch and bed to keep him from jumping too much.

Anyway, we named the dog Gibson. His name was Moses, and that's not going to work for me at all.

Anyone else have one of these amazing little dogs?

0 Not allowed!
    I've never been that keen on pedigree dogs (I like mongrel mixes) but that is a cute dog. Lovely photos of him already!
    "Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." Carl Sagan
    ~ My 350 Litre Tank Journal ~

0 Not allowed!
    Great looking dog

I've always liked Dachshunds. I almost got one about 2 years ago and read up on them, but in the end I did not think he would be too safe around a 200 lb St Bernard that has 4 left feet.

They certainly can be great little dogs.
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Great looking dog... i can't see what trouble you and he will get into...
    6 gal column- 1 powder blue dwarf gourami, 1 bronze cory, and one nerite snail, planted.
    10 gal - 2 F celebus rainbows, 3 ghost shrimp, 1 nerite snail, 1 mystery snail, planted
    10 gal #2 - 6 flame tetras, 1 ornate tetra, 1 nerite snail, and 1 emperor tetra planted
    Cinnamon = 9 year old Siamese Cat

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    what a sweetie pie! Have fun with him. And don't let him get overweight. i understand that's the worse thing that you can let happen to a dachshund - causes such great strain on their long and delicate spinal chords.
    30 g FW planted:corys, ABNP, blue angel, harleys, zebra danios, nerites & mystery snails
    15 g FW planted: crown tail betta, neons, snails
    90 g FW semi planted: Blood Parrots, severum, Jurupari, EBJD, congos, kribs, clown pleco, snails
    90 Gal Journal: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=93939
    Fishless cycling: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ead.php?t=5640
    Cycling with fish: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=36492

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ~firefly~ View Post
    I've never been that keen on pedigree dogs (I like mongrel mixes) but that is a cute dog. Lovely photos of him already!
    My other two dogs are mixed.

This one is a Lhasa Apso - Rat Terrier mix:

This one is a wire hair Jack Russel - Rat Terrior mix:
    (This pic is blurry. I couldn't find a better pic on this computer)

And the cat since I'm posting pix of them all:

The cat was found in the top stock at Lowe's (Where my fiance works). It was abandoned with a few other kittens.

Quote Originally Posted by Cliff View Post
    Great looking dog

I've always liked Dachshunds. I almost got one about 2 years ago and read up on them, but in the end I did not think he would be too safe around a 200 lb St Bernard that has 4 left feet.

They certainly can be great little dogs.
    Thanks, Cliff. Yeah St. Bernards might me a little big for such a small dog haha. My friend had a SB. HUGE dog. Beautiful, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Shidohari View Post
    Great looking dog... i can't see what trouble you and he will get into...
    So far, he has been great. He is calm when he's on the couch or on the bed. He saves all his energy for when we play or go outside to walk. The other dogs are the ones who get into trouble! I will say that they other dogs are great dogs, too. We just never bothered to discipline them properly. I am going to work on that now since I see what good it could do.

Quote Originally Posted by fishmommie View Post
    what a sweetie pie! Have fun with him. And don't let him get overweight. i understand that's the worse thing that you can let happen to a dachshund - causes such great strain on their long and delicate spinal chords.
    Definitely. I am going to weigh him today to make sure. I keep my dogs on a pretty strict diet. 1 cup of food per day. They have been on that diet for a while, and they are doing great. We had to switch to a gluten free food because Melody (the white/brown) was getting food allergies. She is doing great now.

I may get a video of them all playing and post it up!