· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default My Poor Dojo Is Dying

0 Not allowed!
    I posted yesterday but can't find my post? To see if there were any answers. My three clown loaches all had ich so I treated the tank---would that have killed my dojo? I treated it for 2 days and then yesterday had was lying on the bottom--I got him out and tried some other general treatments in a 1 gal heated tank with airstone. Looks like he was red around the gills---he is my very favorite fish along with my oscar. My oscar has a few white spots on his front fins (separate tank)--I treated him for ich but it didn't help---this maybe looks a little more cottony than ich but it's very tiny--just 3 or 4 spots..wonder what it is? i have checked the ph nitrite ammonia in all the tanks---everything is okay? Shirley

0 Not allowed!
    which meds did you use. All loaches are very sensetive to certain meds.
    Do as I say. Not as I do.

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Please Help--this is day 3 and he is still alive--now I need to know what else I can do! My 3 clown loaches had ich--there are plecos, an algae eater, and snails in there as well. Everyone is still fine and today is day 3 to do the partial water change---no more ich that I can see. I even checked with a pet shop before I used the Quick Cure because I was worried about the loaches. But it never bothered the 3 clowns. I used AP Quick Cure--it is a 3 day treatment. I noticed him lying on the bottom the second day. I put him in a little glass 1 gal tank with with a heater and airstone. He looked red around his gills and kind of was jerking his head (and still is at times). I added a pinch of aquarium salt and stress coat to dechlorinate the water. I added the appropriate dose of Maracyn Two---very tiny. Then a piece of a fungus clear fizz tab. I quickly bailed some of that out and diluted it. So, he is in there with one algae wafer just in case. Today I was going to change his little tank out----what would you do????? He is still fairly immobile but his gills look better. Please someone hurry and tell me what to put in his tank? Anything that would help him? I also have Pimafix and Melafix, aquarium salt, fungus clear, maracyn two, as well as seachem stress guard, acriflavine ms, and the jungle fungus clear. Also I have Prime, Stress Guard, Stability, etc. Please advise. I wish there were a fish vitamin and health booster!

Awards Showcase

I had no cup, so I put it on a bun... - Slaphppy7 You are amazing! So smart and giving. - SeaLady Can't give you any more rep, but well said! - steeler58 Thank again!! You seem to enjoy your coffee. - steeler58 Thanks for the rep!! - Compass 
    this doesnt look like pie... not the right kind.. - Sandz for providing solid guidance to others - RiversGirl Thanks for the rep! :) - Compass cheers - Fishhook Using up my winnings on my friends! - Compass 
    No Message - Fishhook beeeeeeeer! - Sandz Bottoms up! (even though you don't drink, lol) - Slaphppy7 We miss you... - Compass thank you for the filter! - RiversGirl 
    for the fun game! - SeaLady Thank you very very much!! - Compass Love the games. Thank you :) - rebecca_finny TGIF! - showmebutterfly Thanks for your help & points. - metweezer 

0 Not allowed!
    Try some clean water treated with Prime.
    When I go fishing I just place a sharp rock in the water and sit there waiting for all the dead fish to float to the top... Kingfisher
    Brutal honesty will be shown on this screen.
    I think my fish is adjusting well to the four gallon, He's laying on his side attempting to go to sleep on the bottom of the gravel.
    Tolerance is a great thing to have, so is the ability to shut up.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Thumbs up

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by mommy1 View Post
    Try some clean water treated with Prime.
    + 1.8273

This is the path I would be taking.
    Gas mileage isn't everything OIIIIIIIO
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.
    Why pretend there are no stupid questions? Actually, There are many stupid questions: "Should I drink this bleach?" Is just one example.
    Having said that, Just because it's a stupid question doesn't mean that it shouldn't be asked. It's better to know.

A warm beer is better than a cold beer. Because nothing is better than a cold beer, and a warm beer is better than nothing.

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks so much for all your help--will do just that--sounds like he needs a break--just use the regular dosage of prime?

Awards Showcase

I had no cup, so I put it on a bun... - Slaphppy7 You are amazing! So smart and giving. - SeaLady Can't give you any more rep, but well said! - steeler58 Thank again!! You seem to enjoy your coffee. - steeler58 Thanks for the rep!! - Compass 
    this doesnt look like pie... not the right kind.. - Sandz for providing solid guidance to others - RiversGirl Thanks for the rep! :) - Compass cheers - Fishhook Using up my winnings on my friends! - Compass 
    No Message - Fishhook beeeeeeeer! - Sandz Bottoms up! (even though you don't drink, lol) - Slaphppy7 We miss you... - Compass thank you for the filter! - RiversGirl 
    for the fun game! - SeaLady Thank you very very much!! - Compass Love the games. Thank you :) - rebecca_finny TGIF! - showmebutterfly Thanks for your help & points. - metweezer 

0 Not allowed!
    Yes, and since you didn't mention a filter on the 1 gallon you have him in, I suggest changing at least 50% of the water a couple times a day. Make sure to match the temperatures of the tank and tap waters.
    When I go fishing I just place a sharp rock in the water and sit there waiting for all the dead fish to float to the top... Kingfisher
    Brutal honesty will be shown on this screen.
    I think my fish is adjusting well to the four gallon, He's laying on his side attempting to go to sleep on the bottom of the gravel.
    Tolerance is a great thing to have, so is the ability to shut up.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I think I lost my post somewhere but I'll try again. I found a HOB filter for the 1 gallon tank ( for 5-15 gal )and the little dojo seems to be a little better. We have to go out of town tomorrow for about 48 hours---back Sunday around noon. My neighbor comes over to check on the cats and parrot and fish. Could I just leave the water as is if I have the filter running or do I need to do a partial change before I leave or anything? Wish we could take him with us but already have a macaw and chihuahua in tow. I put his tank on the lid of another so it is up high. I could put a plastic needlepoint canvas over top but he'll get more air this way. Also, should I just put one tiny algae pellet in before I leave? I am so hoping he will make it! Thanks for all your help!

0 Not allowed!
    I wouldn't put salt into a tank with a dojo, or in any other freshwater tank.

Keeping the water clean and dechlorinating ALL new water before it enters the tank (Prime is excellent for that), and matching the temperature should help a lot.

I would recommend changing the water before you leave town. Has that filter on the dojo tank been seeded, or is it an already established filter?

If you must medicate, Prazi-Pro may be safe for loaches. I believe it's one of the safer meds, but still be conservative with dosing.

See first if good maintenance and good food resolves his issues. You may not need meds at all.

Finally, keep that dojo tank tightly covered. Dojos are notorious for jumping out and escaping. A tight-fitting lid is a must. I wouldn't recommend just covering the tank with a tapestry. He can slip out from under that, easily.

Hope he heals well. Dojos are delightful little fish.
    20 gal. high: planted; 8 white cloud minnows, 10 RCS, 2 blue shrimp, several snails; AC50, Azoo air. 65 gal: planted; 7 rosy barbs, 6 glofish,, 2 zebra danios, 6 rosy red (fathead) minnows, 3 dojo loaches, several snails; AC110 x 2.

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    It was a former filter----I am in a small town so would not be able to get Prazi-Pro but could order it. The poor little thing keeps flipping onto his back--it's like swim bladder or something? He just stays at the bottom, but is breathing, etc. Is there anything for the upside down thing? No other fish was doing that when I treated for ich.