The first "What was I thinking" moment happen on Wednesday night. I was doing my weekly 30% water change on my 4 gallon betta tank. Everything was going smoothly up until I plugged the filters back on and I came to the horrible realization that I forgot to add the PRIME!!!!
It took me a good 2 to 3 minutes to realize my fatal mistake. I ran and over dosed the PRIME( thats safe to do). Thursday came and went. I felt like I was in the clear and did not kill my cycle.

I woke up this morning. Walked over to Crimson's(the betta) tank and I see something I have never seen before. My assassins snails where attempting to escape my tank. Oh man I felt like sh*t hit the fan HARD!! I look down to see dead cherry shrimps and empty baby assassins snail shells scattered all over the tank. Luckily some survived. I did a quick water change and added more prime. All the time thinking how rough the next few weeks are going to be with an UN-cycled fully stocked tank. I went to work depressed. I had no where to put these critters to do a fishless cycle.

I came home from work to find some more dead RCS and snails. Crimson did not looked bothered at all. I did another w/c + prime and started feeling very down. I sat down and vented to my girlfriend. This heart to heart lead to my second "WHAT WAS I THINKING" moment.

I could have avoided the ALL of these death if I stop to think the problem through on Wednesday!! All I needed to do was replace the dead filter media from the betta tank with ANY OF THE TONS AND TONS of cycled media in any of my other 5 established tanks..........Moral of the story is to remain calm and use your head when trouble comes your way.

I feel better now. Thanks for listening.