· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Default Corys eating enough?

0 Not allowed!
    I have 6 barbs and 2 Cory's in my 20Gal tall tank.

I feed everyone at the same time, and I notice when the barbs are done with there flake or brine, they go after the Cory's algae wafers. The Cory's may nibble on them a bit, but for the most part, the barbs eat them.

I'm curious, if my Cory's are getting enough to eat? Even when I drop their food in, for the most part they just rummage around on the bottom of the tank, nibbling. Is this something to worry about?

0 Not allowed!
    I don't have a guess as to if they're getting enough but you can get around the competition issue by dropping the wafers in after the lights go out. The corys are far more active at night than the barbs so this would be an optimal time to feed them.

EDIT: Good call STY -YES absolutely triple your corys #... See how well I read when I am multitasking?
    Last edited by Goes to 11!; 02-01-2013 at 08:16 PM.
    Gas mileage isn't everything OIIIIIIIO
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.
    Why pretend there are no stupid questions? Actually, There are many stupid questions: "Should I drink this bleach?" Is just one example.
    Having said that, Just because it's a stupid question doesn't mean that it shouldn't be asked. It's better to know.

A warm beer is better than a cold beer. Because nothing is better than a cold beer, and a warm beer is better than nothing.

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Up your count on your Cory's if you can, they enjoy being in a small school... Not trying to get off topic though. I do drop a few wafers in after dark to insure mine get enough. You will never know if they are hungry or not, they will feed around the clock.
    65 Gallon Tall 4' long Planted aquarium, Eheim 2217
    Stock: 6 Roseline's, 6 Peppered Corys, 4 Oto's, 5 Giant Danios, 4 Rosey Barbs, 2 Ruby Rams-Male-Female, 1 F German Ram, 2 Dwarf Gourami, 2 Angle Fish, 3 shrimp.

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I'm going to be upgrading (hopefully) to either a 30 or 35Gal tank here very soon. I'll look into picking up a few more cats then.

I don't want to put 4 more fish in my 20gal, as I didn't cycle the tank.
    I'm not seeing any Nitrites, or Nitrates yet, and a constant .25 ammonia. And I think the extra load on the tank would not be a good idea, or is that wrong?

0 Not allowed!
    No, Even the first two are not a good idea. Bottom feeders are not appropriate for a cycling tank. They get hit the hardest with spikes of low water quality.
    Gas mileage isn't everything OIIIIIIIO
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.
    Why pretend there are no stupid questions? Actually, There are many stupid questions: "Should I drink this bleach?" Is just one example.
    Having said that, Just because it's a stupid question doesn't mean that it shouldn't be asked. It's better to know.

A warm beer is better than a cold beer. Because nothing is better than a cold beer, and a warm beer is better than nothing.

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by 850R View Post
    No, Even the first two are not a good idea. Bottom feeders are not appropriate for a cycling tank. They get hit the hardest with spikes of low water quality.
    well great, now you tell me :)

I ordered some seeded sponges from angelsplus, and they should be in today. I'm really hoping the drastically help with my cycling of the tanks.

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by gsxrated98 View Post
    well great, now you tell me :)

I ordered some seeded sponges from angelsplus, and they should be in today. I'm really hoping the drastically help with my cycling of the tanks.
    Thats why its very important do your own research first then ask questions here.
    20 gallon tall: empty
    29 gallon: moderately planted with 9 bloodfin tetra, 1 german blue ram, 11 glow light tetra and 1 BNP
    10 gallon QT: empty