· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

0 Not allowed!
    Yea I think I'm gonna reorganize mine to reduce some aggression from territory problems. This has inspired me! Lol. I like the idea you have though

0 Not allowed!
    The best source of inspiration I found was YouTube. Look at aquascaping competition videos and just sit back, watch, and take a few notes.
    "Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." Carl Sagan
    ~ My 350 Litre Tank Journal ~

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I have reviewed lots of very nice aquascapes, and most of them seem too advanced for me. Almost all of them have some kind of ground cover (looks like green carpet), and I have had terrible luck with most of my ground covers. They also seem heavily planted and it would need to be high tech with fertilizers and CO2 injectors. It also seems enormously expensive with designer driftwood, lots of plants, and special order rocks.

I am looking for something that is very attractive, but very low tech and simple. But I do get a lot of inspiration by searching award winning aquascapes :)
    55 Gallon Freshwater Tank (semi-planted) 48"x21"x13"

Video of 55GAL Tank - DEC 2012

0 Not allowed!
    You'd be surprised at how easy and cost-effective it can be to create a beautiful low-light/low-tech aquascape. You just need to know how to choose your plants and provide the appropriate light/ferts. There are low-light carpeting plants, but they're not going to look as nice as the ones you've probably seen. The nice, low-to-the-substrate carpeting plants you see will require rich tab ferts and high light. A 20gal Long isn't very tall, though... so you probably wouldn't have a hard time penetrating the water with light to reach the carpet you desire.
    Adventures in Aquaria - The KevinVA Story

When in doubt, ask yourself... W.W.L.S (What would Lee Say)?

Have a fish problem? Fill out and post this completed questionnaire in the General Aquarium Forum, when you start a new thread.

0 Not allowed!
    Don't Hate on 20 gallon tanks You can do wonders with nanos

I actually like the driftwood. Just turn it upside down, that will give you something at the top level of the tank. Then plant behind it and it might look like a fallen log or something.

I like the barren foreground. Maybe set up the rocks in a cluster formation. Like this..

This is my very low tech 20 gallon. The lighting is made up of 2 clamp-on lamps with CFL bulbs for plants. No ferts and No CO2. Its 2 months old and the plants still need to fill it in more. Low tech = patience lol. Crappy pic and I am going to hide the equipment in the future.

I hope you don't mind me posting pics on your thread.
    Roll the Dice!

0 Not allowed!
    I saw this tank at a LFS in the city. Its a 10x10 inches cube, I think and the scape made it look big.

FYI: I DO NOT agree with the stocking. At least it gives you an idea of the size.
    Oh and check out the ridiculous price on the bottom right corner $$$$!!
    Roll the Dice!

0 Not allowed!
    What did you end up doing? I reorganized mine and like the new look better (no pics will be posted b/c I am letting it grow out and want it to be a surprise lol), but I can tell you that it looks better

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    i haven't done anything yet, i am looking around town for the rights rocks and saving money for plants
    55 Gallon Freshwater Tank (semi-planted) 48"x21"x13"

Video of 55GAL Tank - DEC 2012