· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Question Chemi Pure Elite Questions.

0 Not allowed!
    I came across Chemi-Pure Elite one day and now i want to buy some to add to my filters after reading and hearing the highly praised reviews. I tried to avoid getting this product for the fact i didnt want to keep buying it but ive decided to go with it now. My questions to anyone who uses this how long does it work and how much do you use per filter ? I plan to use three 11oz one per tray inside of my Fx5 and another in my Ac110 so 4 and changing them every 6 months. Before coming across this i was planning on buying a pleco to help handle my algae but since this eliminates phosphates (which is what feeds algae) basically reducing the amount i decided on this instead of relying on a fish to clean the tank for me. I also hear by doing that it help make your water crystal clear so thats a plus. Saltwater people swear by this product so it must work wonders so yea is using 4 too much at once ?
    110g All Male Peacock/Hap Tank

0 Not allowed!
    I have been using it for quite some time now in my marine tanks. It does remove silicates very well, but I have found it to only be OK at removing phosphates.

The instructions on the bottle will let you know how much you need for your size of tank. If you have a HOB filter I would suggest placing it in there. It works best with moderate flow
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Ok i just couldnt see what size is recommended on the website is it something you cant go without now that you use it ? I hope its not a product thats so good that without it theres a big difference .

0 Not allowed!
    I just looked at one of the containers of chemipure that I have. It stated that one unit (11.8oz container) is good for 5 to 40 gallons, and two units for 40 to 100 gallons. If your tank size is over 100 gallons, add a additional unit for each 25 gallons
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    OK thanks. I have a question about another product since i want to switch up. Ive always ran nothing but ceramic bio media, sponges and filter floss in my filters but im not getting the same results as before, what are you thoughts on Sechem Bio-Matrix in a overstocked African Cichlids Peacock Hap Tank ? I could use further assistants with controlling my nitrates and help preventing little ammonia and nitrite spikes when they occur. My question is since it aids in controlling the two is it starving your beneficial bacteria by any chance?

0 Not allowed!
    In my experiance, I have found nothing better to handle ammonia and nitrites better than your benifical bacteria.

Have you considered adding another filter to add more benfical bacteria to your set-up ?

0 Not allowed!
    I would never buy a pleco to prevent algae. Gez, I'd rather have the algae than all the poop. Algae eventually can be fixed........the pooping can not. Totally agree with Cliff on more BB. Either you are removing too much when you clean or too much at once.
    Last edited by Lady Hobbs; 02-03-2013 at 11:56 AM.

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    In my Fx5 currently all i have in it is bio media( the ceramic reings) and filter floss. Ever since i started thats all i ever ran in my tanks. Does replacing filter floss from both filters at the same time considered too much cleaning ? I also may give the sponges a squeeze in a bucket of tank water mid water change. I think i have more than usual BB since thats all thats in my filters.