Well, to give some backstory here, I used to keep goldfish years and years ago. I ended up moving to a small apartment where I didn't have room for my then 55 gallon tank, so I sold all of it and got out of fishkeeping completely. Recently I moved into a house where I have tons of room, so one of the first things I did was set up a 29 gallon tank just to have some neons. Well, that lasted all of a couple of months. I ended up upgrading to a 60 gallon tank in which I now have a dozen each neon tetras and black tetras, along with ten glowlight tetras. I'll keep adding here and there until I think I have enough in there.

AT that point, you'd figure I'd be done, right? Nope! I cleaned up the 29 gallon and was going to try and sell it either on here or on Craigslist, but then I took a look at one of the local fish stores here that buys and sells used equipment. They had a 125 gallon tank with an oak stand and canopy for just over $400.00. I talked to the guy and showed him what I had to trade in, and I ended up getting it with delivery for just over $300.00. Here she is:

That's all I have in the way of photos....I figured I'd start this while I was at the very beginning. Since I now have the biggest tank I've ever owned, I decided to go back to my original love - goldfish. As far as lighting goes, I have two Marineland Aquatic Plant LED 24-36" lights. I had one from the 29 gallon that I couldn't get myself to trade in for pennies on the dollar, so I kept it and added another. I'm a big fan of these lights.

Filtration - Fluval FX5 that I just set up before I started this post....very impressed with it at the moment.

I'm expecting my second filter tomorrow - an Aquatop CF-500UV canister. I got a good deal on it, so I went with it over an HOB. I've become a big fan of canisters since I started up with the hobby again.

Substrate - I'm going to go with sand...a mix of black and white. I'll have some live plants, nothing fancy, and a couple of decorations, but for the most part, it's going to be very open with lots of room for them to swim.

I'll also have several bubblers, as the goldfish I had in the past always loved playing in the bubbles!

I have a background coming....well two actually. A photo/film type that attaches to the outside of the tank, and I also have a sample coming of a 3D background that would go inside the tank. Once I get those, I'll figure out what I want to do.

Ultimately, I'd like to have 6 goldfish in there, three pairs. One pair each of Orandas, Lionheads, and Black Moors. I don't know how long it's going to take me to get this all set up, cycled and stocked, but all I know is that I'm having a blast with it and I thought I'd share for those that were interested. Thanks for looking!