· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Would anything like Pimafix or Melafix help the upside down problem? I did order the Prazi pro but will be a few days getting here. Thanks

Awards Showcase

Happy Mother's Day! - Slaphppy7 For 7,000 posts!! - steeler58 Thanks for the rep!! - steeler58 For working with new fish keepers! Outstanding this month. - Taurus Just Because - Surfdog 
    A round for the fallen this Memorial Day weekend. - Compass I had no cup, so I put it on a bun... - Slaphppy7 You are amazing! So smart and giving. - SeaLady Can't give you any more rep, but well said! - steeler58 Thank again!! You seem to enjoy your coffee. - steeler58 
    Thanks for the rep!! - Compass this doesnt look like pie... not the right kind.. - Sandz for providing solid guidance to others - RiversGirl Thanks for the rep! :) - Compass cheers - Fishhook 
    Using up my winnings on my friends! - Compass No Message - Fishhook beeeeeeeer! - Sandz Bottoms up! (even though you don't drink, lol) - Slaphppy7 We miss you... - Compass 

0 Not allowed!
    Your dojo is probably suffering from all the crap you have been dumping in the tank, adding another medication (prazipro) to the list is not going to help. Mermaids advice is some of the worst advice I have seen on this forum, you don't medicate just to medicate because it will make you feel better. There is never an "if you must", you either have to or don't, no if. Prazipro is for parasites, does the dojo have parasites? If not than Prazi Pro will not do a thing to help. No more meds for the dojo, he needs clean water. I'm glad to hear you found a filter for the tank, but if the filter is not cycled you still need to change water daily. If your friend is capable, give them instructions for a water change.
    Last edited by mommy1; 01-31-2013 at 09:03 PM.
    When I go fishing I just place a sharp rock in the water and sit there waiting for all the dead fish to float to the top... Kingfisher
    Brutal honesty will be shown on this screen.
    I think my fish is adjusting well to the four gallon, He's laying on his side attempting to go to sleep on the bottom of the gravel.
    Tolerance is a great thing to have, so is the ability to shut up.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I'm sorry to hear about your Dojo.

Tip!

Go to the, "General Settings" section. (Conveniently located in the left column near the top of the web page)

Where it says, "Default Thread Subscription Mode" and select, "Through my control panel only."

Scroll down to the bottom and save your changes.

From that point on, whenever you post, you will automatically be subscribed to the thread. To find the threads you've started and posted in, click "Quick Links" at the top, then click "Subscribed Threads."

Boom. Done.

Lost posts: 0
    You: 1

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks --how much of a change? for a 1 gal tank? Also-believe it or not, the clowns still have ich. I can't go the saltwater route because we can't stay home. So today late I use a remedy that had a clown loach on the package

Awards Showcase

Happy Mother's Day! - Slaphppy7 For 7,000 posts!! - steeler58 Thanks for the rep!! - steeler58 For working with new fish keepers! Outstanding this month. - Taurus Just Because - Surfdog 
    A round for the fallen this Memorial Day weekend. - Compass I had no cup, so I put it on a bun... - Slaphppy7 You are amazing! So smart and giving. - SeaLady Can't give you any more rep, but well said! - steeler58 Thank again!! You seem to enjoy your coffee. - steeler58 
    Thanks for the rep!! - Compass this doesnt look like pie... not the right kind.. - Sandz for providing solid guidance to others - RiversGirl Thanks for the rep! :) - Compass cheers - Fishhook 
    Using up my winnings on my friends! - Compass No Message - Fishhook beeeeeeeer! - Sandz Bottoms up! (even though you don't drink, lol) - Slaphppy7 We miss you... - Compass 

0 Not allowed!
    It's hard to say how much water to change without knowing the parameters. I think a generic 50% would work.
    When I go fishing I just place a sharp rock in the water and sit there waiting for all the dead fish to float to the top... Kingfisher
    I think my fish is adjusting well to the four gallon, He's laying on his side attempting to go to sleep on the bottom of the gravel.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by mommy1 View Post
    Your dojo is probably suffering from all the crap you have been dumping in the tank, adding another medication (prazipro) to the list is not going to help. Mermaids advice is some of the worst advice I have seen on this forum, you don't medicate just to medicate because it will make you feel better. There is never an "if you must", you either have to or don't, no if. Prazipro is for parasites, does the dojo have parasites? If not than Prazi Pro will not do a thing to help. No more meds for the dojo, he needs clean water.
    I agreed that water changes were the best way to go. The "if you must medicate" meant ONLY if, after providing clean water, the problem still isn't resolved. I recall reading posts here where some very experienced aquarists have used Prazi-Pro to treat an entire tank when NOTHING ELSE HELPED. It has been touted as a safer medication than Maricyn and some others. I also stated in my advice that if she did the regular water changes and got the tank clean, she probably wouldn't have to medicate, at all.

Mommy, please don't pick and choose which parts of my advice you wish to quote out of context. That isn't fair, and you know it.

Further, I don't appreciate your accusing me of giving some of the worst advice on this forum. I read what the more experienced people post, and because I respect what they say, I often feel confident passing it along, as it teaches me something, as well. I also draw from my own experiences, and pass along what has worked for me in the spirit of helpfulness.

It isn't productive to tear people down. I've been silent and tolerant when you've done it to me in the past, but now, enough is enough.

I reiterate to the OP -- I agree that doing the water changes is the best way to go, and your dojo will greatly benefit. I never said otherwise. If that doesn't work, then careful, conservative dosing with a safer, milder medication MIGHT help. Or, it might not. I never said there was any guarantees. We do what we can, and try to do what's best.

Thank you.
    20 gal. high: planted; 8 white cloud minnows, 10 RCS, 2 blue shrimp, several snails; AC50, Azoo air. 65 gal: planted; 7 rosy barbs, 6 glofish,, 2 zebra danios, 6 rosy red (fathead) minnows, 3 dojo loaches, several snails; AC110 x 2.

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    I did not quote you out of context. I merely pointed out a bad part of your post. You did not tell the OP to try water changes first then medicate, you merely paraphrased prior posts (as usual) then said if you must medicate, try PraziPro, which can be taken as meaning, if you feel you have to do something, then use this medication. Many experienced people here also say don't use preventative medication or medicate if you don't know what the problem is, why don't you paraphrase those people. There is no indication that the dojo has parasites, and PraziPro is an anti-parasitic medication and suggesting the OP dump in yet one more medication that is not going to help the problem is not useful advice.
    I don't appreciate you trying to start a public argument with me and if you wish to further this discussion I suggest you pm me as arguing on the forum is against the rules and not productive for the OP's problems.

0 Not allowed!
    Lets keep this thread on topic please, bickering will not help the OP save her fish.

Liters to Gallons conversion calculator

"Keeping fish for any period of time doesn't make you experienced if you're doing it wrong. What does, is acknowledging those mistakes and learning from them." ~Aeonflame
    "
    your argument is invalid." ~Mommy1