· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Default Angelfish aggression question

0 Not allowed!
    Ok so I have a black marble in my tank. Thursday I rescued a silver domestic and the body of this fish is the size of the palm of my hand, it's huge. Those 2 angels get along great. Well yesterday I was able to get a pair of very large koi angels for my tank as well that have been together since birth. But their not a breeding pair. Well ever since adding the koi angels the big silver domestic has chased them and pestered them everywhere. Now will this stop once they establish a pecking order or am I gonna have to rehome someone? My tank is a 55 gallon.

0 Not allowed!
    That is what happens when you add new cichlids to a setup already containing cichlids without taking further precautions. The old cichlids will feel like some intruder is invading their territory. You could, if it is only limited to chasing without any actual damage, just try waiting it out for the newbies to get accepted, or try rearranging your tank to break up already existing territories to give the new fish a chance to establish themselves, or even more drastically, remove the old fish for a short while, again with the intent to let the new ones establish themselves.

0 Not allowed!
    In my experience a 55g does not have enough room for 4 angels. I tried it years ago and ended up having to rehome two of them after they were nearly killed. I would stick with the first two and move the others.

Liters to Gallons conversion calculator

"Keeping fish for any period of time doesn't make you experienced if you're doing it wrong. What does, is acknowledging those mistakes and learning from them." ~Aeonflame
    "
    your argument is invalid." ~Mommy1

0 Not allowed!
    Rearranging the tank is great advice. Worked for me every time I tried it. Another thing you can do is add some more decor, such as big leafy plants to break up the line of sight, so the fish aren't always seeing eachother. It also helps to keep the aggression down.
    Money can't buy happiness, but it sure can pay the rent.

Awards Showcase

No Message - talldutchie Merry Christmas - KingFisher Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7 This Holiday Swine hopes your 2014 will be simply divine! - Trillianne Thanks again for your help yesterday - Slaphppy7 
    Happy New Year! - jeffs99dime Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year Mommy1. - Strider199 Cheers.  Have some of my hang-over cure. Happy New Year - Cliff Happy New Year! - KingFisher Happy Birthday. - Taurus 
    Happy Birthday. - gadget228 Thanks for the B-Day wish - Strider199 Looks like its time for a second cup! - Trillianne always fun - Surfdog thanks for sweetening the pot! - fishmommie 
    Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7 for putting up with my bad timing - Cliff Congrats on MOTM. - gadget228 For most awesome avatar of the day. lol  Love it. - KevinVA Thank you so much for the Rep!! - steeler58 

0 Not allowed!
    You never know with angels, changing the tank around and adding more decorations might work, but more often than not, it doesn't work once there is an established fish or pair of fish in the tank. 55 gallon doesn't give each angel much territory to claim and the aggression is more likely to continue and get worse. Angels are some of the more passive cichlids but they are still cichlids and at times will act like it.
    When I go fishing I just place a sharp rock in the water and sit there waiting for all the dead fish to float to the top... Kingfisher
    Brutal honesty will be shown on this screen.
    I think my fish is adjusting well to the four gallon, He's laying on his side attempting to go to sleep on the bottom of the gravel.
    Tolerance is a great thing to have, so is the ability to shut up.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    There has been no actual fin nipping or injury done just chasing. Man I really like them koi angels. Their colors are awesome.

Awards Showcase

No Message - talldutchie Merry Christmas - KingFisher Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7 This Holiday Swine hopes your 2014 will be simply divine! - Trillianne Thanks again for your help yesterday - Slaphppy7 
    Happy New Year! - jeffs99dime Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year Mommy1. - Strider199 Cheers.  Have some of my hang-over cure. Happy New Year - Cliff Happy New Year! - KingFisher Happy Birthday. - Taurus 
    Happy Birthday. - gadget228 Thanks for the B-Day wish - Strider199 Looks like its time for a second cup! - Trillianne always fun - Surfdog thanks for sweetening the pot! - fishmommie 
    Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7 for putting up with my bad timing - Cliff Congrats on MOTM. - gadget228 For most awesome avatar of the day. lol  Love it. - KevinVA Thank you so much for the Rep!! - steeler58 

0 Not allowed!
    That is a great excuse for a new tank!
    When I go fishing I just place a sharp rock in the water and sit there waiting for all the dead fish to float to the top... Kingfisher
    Brutal honesty will be shown on this screen.
    I think my fish is adjusting well to the four gallon, He's laying on his side attempting to go to sleep on the bottom of the gravel.
    Tolerance is a great thing to have, so is the ability to shut up.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    This is a new tank only 4 months old, upgraded from a 20 gallon. This is it for me only one tank at a time.

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Xmas You Filthy Animal!! - Hardy85 Merry Christmas buddy! - KevinVA Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7 
    Merry Christmas Sandz! - Taurus Happy birthday buddy! - KevinVA Happy B-day!! - steeler1 Happy Bday bud!!! - Hardy85 Have a little cake and ..... - fishmommie 
    .... beer.  Hope it was a good one. - fishmommie Happy Birthday!  Enjoy! - jeffs99dime I'll drink to that! - steeler1 Enjoy! - Hardy85 This one's on me... - Slaphppy7 
    Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Here's to good friends, and new fish! - Slaphppy7 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Happy Drink Like a Viking Friday! - KevinVA 

0 Not allowed!
    Sad... sick denial of MTS... DOCTOR I NEED AN IV STAT!

Just FYI, the only time multiple angels have worked for me is when I bought several at the same time from the same clutch and had them in the 55. THey were half the size of yours. With adult angels its tricky. Good advice has already been provided. Good luck!
    FW: 1 45gal, 1 40gal, 3 10gal, 3 30gal all community tanks of different species
    Sw: 1 55gal, 1 30gal show, 1 29gal show, 1 20gal and 2 10's

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Update the big silver domestic is wanting to ram the one koi relentlessly. So both the koi angels are now in a bucket going back to the Pet store. Don't want one of them or both to get killed. Boy I learned a lesson on this. It seems the silver one I added and the black one I already had have paired up and Sampson(what my wife is calling it now) is gonna guard her ferociously.