· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Well sounds you're well off, here are the links to were I got the food at the most reasonable prices:

And 50% every three days is perfect, 6 is a great group also.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ls_o05_s02_i01

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ls_o05_s01_i00

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/produc...m?pcatid=24001

http://www.aquaticfoods.com/FreezeDriedBlackwormsM.html

All the fish in my tank, (Discus, Rainbows, Bolivian Rams) eat all the food readily, my Discus have learnt to eat from my hand when it comes to freeze dried black worms, they along with the rest of the fish go crazy for those. Looking forward to your tank.

0 Not allowed!
    Thank you very much for those links! :)
    130g: 6 Angelfish, 2 Roseline Sharks, 5 Kuhli Loaches, 1 Otocinslus, 1 Corydora
    I've noticed that people HATE it when you point out how stupid they are, so now I try to do it politely.

Awards Showcase

Happy Christmas - MuckyFish thanks for advising on vegetables for my kribs! so here is a discus - ScottishFish You help a lot - PhillipOrigami For the bank account, and thx for the rep - Cliff beautiful discus! - Crispy 
    I know this doesn't help but it's all I can do! - chrisfraser05 for all the wise advice you've given me - fishmommie Congrats on 2000th post! - andreahp Merry Christmas! - fishmommie Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    Thanks for the rep :-) - ~firefly~ appreciate it. - fishmommie Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾̃̾)۶ - korith For all the good advice you give. - ~firefly~ 
    Thanks for the rep the other day - Cliff thanks for the rep points.  appreciate it - fishmommie happy friday! - mojosodope Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ Thanks for the rep! - steeler1 

0 Not allowed!
    Finally, I can get back online with this forum! Can't figure out why this only happens to the home computer - at least I was able to use the JHU library computer (was there killing time waiting for my daughter to finish her Cal III class there. She is too young to drive ... .)

I get the food at PetMountain (http://www.petmountain.com); I get the Hikari food. They are a big time company that makes many types of food and know what they are doing. This site offers the lowest price I've found of late. Possible with work could find some cheaper site.

If you are doing every other day water changes seriously consider a cheap, easy to assembly and small in tank algae scrubber. This has worked well for me - remove nitrates and helps a lot with phosphates. Even helps with the fish slime (that was a big surprise but in good old hind-sight, makes complete sense.) This device saves me a ton of water (and that is NOT figurative!!)

0 Not allowed!
    I don't know very much about discus so am interested to read (and follow) this thread. I look forward to the first set of photos!
    "Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." Carl Sagan
    ~ My 350 Litre Tank Journal ~

Awards Showcase

Happy Christmas - MuckyFish thanks for advising on vegetables for my kribs! so here is a discus - ScottishFish You help a lot - PhillipOrigami For the bank account, and thx for the rep - Cliff beautiful discus! - Crispy 
    I know this doesn't help but it's all I can do! - chrisfraser05 for all the wise advice you've given me - fishmommie Congrats on 2000th post! - andreahp Merry Christmas! - fishmommie Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    Thanks for the rep :-) - ~firefly~ appreciate it. - fishmommie Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾̃̾)۶ - korith For all the good advice you give. - ~firefly~ 
    Thanks for the rep the other day - Cliff thanks for the rep points.  appreciate it - fishmommie happy friday! - mojosodope Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ Thanks for the rep! - steeler1 

0 Not allowed!
    Forgot to add - a HUGE advantage to algae filters are that when the algae starts to grow (1-2 weeks first time, after that, every week MUST clean out all the algae since that stuff grows like no tomorrow after it establishes) is that they will remove any extra ammonia/nitrites very well but will NOT prevent a regular filter from cycling. A scrubber can't compete with the regular bacteria growth, so it will not prevent a filter from cycling BUT will help prevent a bad spike; that does not mean those semi-daily water changes can be droped when cycling a filter with fish - a small in tank algae scrubber can only do so much ... .

0 Not allowed!
    I've heard of an algae scrubber, but I don't know anything about it. I'll have to do some research on to see if I can fix something up.

Firefly- Thanks! When I get the Discus I'll be posting all my pics and stuff in my journal. Of course maybe this is an appropriate time to begin a new one since the old one was for a 55g. Hmmm..

NOTE******

We're not picking up the tank this weekend. The roads are just covered in snow, and it wouldn't be safe to make the 2 hour trip. :( Maybe next weekend.
    Last edited by MandyK; 02-02-2013 at 06:37 PM.
    130g: 6 Angelfish, 2 Roseline Sharks, 5 Kuhli Loaches, 1 Otocinslus, 1 Corydora
    I've noticed that people HATE it when you point out how stupid they are, so now I try to do it politely.

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Since I am unable to figure out how to do a PM, I'll just post it for now. Std. Disclaimer - This link is not an endorsement nor do I have any association with any company that I provide links. I only provide links to companies I have bought and tested a product and think it might be useful. This in no manner means that the product at the link is right for your needs - end of disclaimer.

If you want a simple design, and if you wish, they sell parts, and units to assemble as well as fully assembled in tank algae scrubbers; see this link: www.Santa-Monica.cc

Bigger units must be built yourself but this design (free) can be used to base your own bigger units on.

0 Not allowed!
    PM = Click on the person's name and you'll get a menu with a Private Message option.
    "Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." Carl Sagan
    ~ My 350 Litre Tank Journal ~