· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Problem with Aquaclear 110

0 Not allowed!
    Hey guys,

I am having an issue with the basket that holds my foam block and bio-max in my aquaclear 110. It stays in place sometimes for a few days/hours/ or even seconds and then one side will pop up which forces the biomax out of the water. it also causes my foam block to not be level as one side is now higher on the right side. It is frustrating to constantly try to push it down only to see it rise back up out of the water. Does anyone know of any remedy to the problem? Thank you

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
    Merry Christmas! - Lab_Rat thank you for the birthday wishes - mommy1 Happy One Year AC Anniversary! - Rue For being understanding, thank you - Cliff (closest I could find to a catfish) Thanks for the nomination! - sheamurai 
    Thank you for the MOTM nomination - mommy1 I think you deserve a random gift. Yes, I think you do. - PhillipOrigami For being a fellow MA native! - Lolita Happy Birthday to you. - jeffs99dime Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    It's a Christmas Bunny, Merry Christmas. - gadget228 I've not seen anyone with an umbrella here. You seem to have an odd collection of gifts...so here's my contribution. :-) - ~firefly~ "genocidex;1139790]stupid question... but would i be able to use lawn clovers in a tank?  lol"  REALLY - Strider199 crayfish! - Brhino thanks for sharing - sheamurai 
    For filling out my school! :) - Flyby Stardancer silly rabbit... - sheamurai They say one of these a day keeps doctors away.... - Trillianne Day Two... - Trillianne Thanks for the frogbit very much :) - Greentoads41 
    World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - genocidex 

0 Not allowed!
    maybe the sponge is too old to hold itself in. try grabbing a new one to see if it helps.
    KING OF THE GOLD BARBS RAWR!!!!
    I wonder if i plant one of my tiger barbs would the demon seed grow to a full tree?
    gotta love them bunnies!
    I.R.S.: We've got what it takes to take what you've got!

0 Not allowed!
    Mine does this as well. I taped the lid down. :) Works like a charm.
    130g: 6 Angelfish, 2 Roseline Sharks, 5 Kuhli Loaches, 1 Otocinslus, 1 Corydora
    I've noticed that people HATE it when you point out how stupid they are, so now I try to do it politely.

Awards Showcase

Friends don't let friends drink alone, and I'm there for you man - Cliff After all that virtual alcohol it's time to sober up with some virtual food - mommy1 I can't drink alone mate - ScottishFish I won't thank you because it's a thankless job 7 also I cannot find any CUC type gifts but thanks [ - 850R Cheers bud - Cliff 
    Time for a Pint? I cannae drink alone - ScottishFish Implied message here. - mommy1 Congrats MOTM !!! - Cliff Cheers! - escamosa I dunno why I'm giving you a skunkloach as your prize,. They just sound cool! :) - escamosa 
    Merry Christmas - KingFisher Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Christmas!! - ScottishFish Happy X-mas! :-) - MCHRKiller Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 
    A cup of coffee to get you going on that build. - Strider199 Merry xmas! - ScottishFish Merry Christmas - mommy1 Happy New Year - mommy1 Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 

0 Not allowed!
    I keep a heavy rock on mine to keep the lid down.
    Thar she blows!!!

0 Not allowed!
    Same thing "used" to happen to me until I found out I was not cleaning the sponge well enough. Once it gets really dirty and water will not pass through it, it will pass around the sponge and push it up rather than pass through the sponge.

I also run two filters so I also replace that sponge now and then.
    Last edited by Lady Hobbs; 01-29-2013 at 09:31 PM.

0 Not allowed!
    + 1 to cleaning the sponges

I have to admit I have never had this problem and I don't even run lids on my 110s but then again I clean my sponges very regularly :-P.
    Gas mileage isn't everything OIIIIIIIO
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.
    Why pretend there are no stupid questions? Actually, There are many stupid questions: "Should I drink this bleach?" Is just one example.
    Having said that, Just because it's a stupid question doesn't mean that it shouldn't be asked. It's better to know.

A warm beer is better than a cold beer. Because nothing is better than a cold beer, and a warm beer is better than nothing.

0 Not allowed!
    *shrugs* Mine does it even right after I clean it.
    130g: 6 Angelfish, 2 Roseline Sharks, 5 Kuhli Loaches, 1 Otocinslus, 1 Corydora
    I've noticed that people HATE it when you point out how stupid they are, so now I try to do it politely.

0 Not allowed!
    That's crazy . . . No idea
    Gas mileage isn't everything OIIIIIIIO
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.
    Why pretend there are no stupid questions? Actually, There are many stupid questions: "Should I drink this bleach?" Is just one example.
    Having said that, Just because it's a stupid question doesn't mean that it shouldn't be asked. It's better to know.

A warm beer is better than a cold beer. Because nothing is better than a cold beer, and a warm beer is better than nothing.

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    not to hijack but i was about to post a question simular to this. I have my ACs crammed not as were not water can flow but full. I clean them every 2 weeks, somtimes i do forget to clean them and it may be 3.. anyway on my newest revamped fluval model somtimes the water gets higher than in my old one, So question is, if forgotten can they overflow

0 Not allowed!
    On the AC filters that I have, there is a leveling device on the bottom of the filter housing. Adjust the filter so that the return spillway is tipped slightly forward. If water starts by passing the media, it will just spill back into the tank. I've never had any AC filter overflow. I've never had the basket rise up enough to lift the filter lid. It can't. There's a clip on the bottom of the filter media basket that locks into the filter housing so that basket can't rise. I've got an AC70, AC50, AC30 and an AC20. They all work the same way. So unless Hagen has changed the design or there is some sort of manufacturing defect, I don't understand why there are issues with media rising out of the basket. Rinse out the sponges weekly so that tank water can flow through them easily. I must be missing something here because I've never experienced the problem?
    When in doubt, do a water change.

"This ain't rocket science!"