· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Awww! That sucks FM! I'm sorry you're having to deal with this. That's probably one of the most dreaded things fish keepers think about happening to their tanks (I know I've worried about it in the beginning). =X

The stand being completely dry is an oddity. Have you tried running your canister filter in the bath tub or something, to see if you can pinpoint a leak? You could setup a container in your tub like a mock aquarium and let it run to see if there's any leaks. That'll test the hoses and filter with the force it typically utilizes.

You might want to take your tank outside (not sure if it's completely empty or not) and fill it up with the garden hose and see if there are any leaks at that time. Probably much easier and more safe to test that way.

I'm sorry FM, this is such a bummer. =/
    Adventures in Aquaria - The KevinVA Story

When in doubt, ask yourself... W.W.L.S (What would Lee Say)?

Have a fish problem? Fill out and post this completed questionnaire in the General Aquarium Forum, when you start a new thread.

0 Not allowed!
    There could have been air in the lines, or some how the canister lost its prime. That may have started a back siphon that pulled water out of the tank until the water level in the tank wet below the intake line? But you'd think the floor of the cabinet would be wet unless it had time to dry overnight? LOL...that water went somewhere....yeah..onto your floor..but it had to leave a trail somewhere? Maybe the trail dried up?
    Last edited by Taurus; 01-29-2013 at 05:21 PM.
    When in doubt, do a water change.

"This ain't rocket science!"

0 Not allowed!
    Oh Oh. Good thing you saw it before 20 hours had passed. Get it replaced the take your time and re-silicone the other tank. Then you will have two 90 gallon tanks! yeaaaaaaaaa

Ya might have to settle for a 75 gallon but no biggie. Just a couple inches shorter. Good luck.
    Last edited by Lady Hobbs; 01-29-2013 at 05:33 PM.

0 Not allowed!
    Ouch. I feel your pain though. I few months ago I had to go to a school and was gone for a week. Built up a very nice 30 gallon reef in my spare time that I was very proud of. Had my light timer set up, automatic feeder, the whole nine yards, so I wasn't worried about anything happening while I was gone. Got back home and the rocks had shifted and put a crack halfway up the side of the tank, which proceeded to weep out water till it was only half full, even after emptying out the sump. Burned up a decent pump, and lost a few fish and corals. Cleaning saltwater out of carpet isn't fun at all, and dealing with the water damage is even worse. Had to cut a deal with the landlord to let me fix it so I could keep my deposit. Don't get discouraged, just gotta rebuild.
    Money can't buy happiness, but it sure can pay the rent.

Gods Country, Eastern High Sierras, California

Awards Showcase

Congrats on 7,000 posts! - Slaphppy7 TGIF! - Taurus TGIF! - Taurus T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Yes! TGIF - Compass 
    TGIF Back at brother. ;-) - Taurus It's almost beer:30. - Taurus Here's a neon :) - rebecca_finny Thanks for all the good info lately--have a donut! - WhistlingBadger Congrats on 7,800 posts! - Slaphppy7 
    T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Returning some of the treasure you've brought to the forum. - Taurus T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 We ALL need more fish.  That's why we're here! - WhistlingBadger T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    TGIF indeed - RiversGirl TGIF Lee :-) - Taurus TGIF back to you! - wgoldfarb TGIF - Taurus T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler1 Childhood Cancer - steeler1 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - steeler1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1 
    Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - steeler1 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 

0 Not allowed!
    LH Idea of a 75 gal is good advice if you can't find another 90 gal asap.
    Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
    Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit.
    -Vince Lombardi

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ― John Wooden
    Sandy Hook Elementary......Lest We Forget
    See my profile for my tanks and what fish I keep

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    no 90's to be found anywhere. Have decided it's NOT the tank. There should have been water somewhere on the base or inside the cabinet and there is none. Bone dry. I think I caused some problems with my canister by over priming (by accident - long story). I'm cleaning the canister now. checking the hoses. Tank is refilling. Hope to have fish back in in a few hours.
    again - thanks every one. You guys saved my sanity!!!
    30 g FW planted:corys, ABNP, blue angel, harleys, zebra danios, pair kribs, & nerite snails
    15 g FW planted: crown tail betta, neons, snails
    90 g FW semi planted: EBJD, congos, apple snails
    90 Gal Journal: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=93939
    Fishless cycling: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ead.php?t=5640
    Cycling with fish: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=36492

Gods Country, Eastern High Sierras, California

Awards Showcase

Congrats on 7,000 posts! - Slaphppy7 TGIF! - Taurus TGIF! - Taurus T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Yes! TGIF - Compass 
    TGIF Back at brother. ;-) - Taurus It's almost beer:30. - Taurus Here's a neon :) - rebecca_finny Thanks for all the good info lately--have a donut! - WhistlingBadger Congrats on 7,800 posts! - Slaphppy7 
    T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Returning some of the treasure you've brought to the forum. - Taurus T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 We ALL need more fish.  That's why we're here! - WhistlingBadger T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    TGIF indeed - RiversGirl TGIF Lee :-) - Taurus TGIF back to you! - wgoldfarb TGIF - Taurus T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler1 Childhood Cancer - steeler1 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - steeler1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1 
    Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - steeler1 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 

0 Not allowed!
    Sounds like your on top of it.
    Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
    Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit.
    -Vince Lombardi

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ― John Wooden
    Sandy Hook Elementary......Lest We Forget
    See my profile for my tanks and what fish I keep

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Final update - I hope ...
    Major disaster averted. Carpet is drying. Fish are all back in the tank. NO LEAKS. Confident now that it was a hose issue that must have self corrected after the 2 inch drop in the water level because they sure weren't wet when I checked. Again, no water anywhere except on floor around tank. And no 90 gallon tanks to be found within a 50 mile radius (50 gal was the largest) so I was in trouble if it was the tank. (still secretly praying that it's not ...)

So, gave me a chance to revamp a little, as was suggested. I removed the UGF filters and power heads (was that a chorus of YEA!!! I just heard??) Surprisingly there was hardly any mess beneath the grates but then the tank has only been up and running since Aug.

Fish are a bit grumpy as they all must now find their new private territories since I did some rearranging of the aqua scape but other than that they seem well. I'm seeing some nipping and chasing and that has not been a behavior in this tank for a long time. I'm sure it will settle down as they find their little niches again.

Because the double netting really stressed them (talk about a rodeo!) I'm going to dose the tank for a couple of days with ICK ATTACK. It's all natural and is suggested as an additive when introducing new fish to a tank. Figure it can't hurt. Will watch my water perims for a few days and hope this doesn't cause a mini cycle.

Once again I appreciate everyone who weighed in and offered advice and support. And keep your fingers crossed that I don't get up tomorrow morning to more water on the floor :o(

I think wine is in order, don't you?
    30 g FW planted:corys, ABNP, blue angel, harleys, zebra danios, pair kribs, & nerite snails
    15 g FW planted: crown tail betta, neons, snails
    90 g FW semi planted: EBJD, congos, apple snails
    90 Gal Journal: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=93939
    Fishless cycling: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ead.php?t=5640
    Cycling with fish: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=36492

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    a giant glass of wine.

keep the lights off and don't feed them for like 2/3 days.

that'll help calm them down

0 Not allowed!
    Well ppttfffffff........If you were looking for an excuse to rip those UGF out, ya could have just done it without scaring all of us.