850R:

I waited for him to eat it, and i waited...he never did! lol
    The anticipation was killing me.

0 Not allowed!
    Just my .02 on tank set up

Dark substrate - like black diamond or black eco substrate
    Live plants - low light, to med light ones
    A school of say 8-10 boesemani rainbows
    A school of a light color cory of your choice (albino, peppered etc)
    A school of cardinal tetra (20 ish)
    Probably 8-10 otos (once tank established)

I think that'd be such a good amount of color, the greens of the plants, blues and yellows in rainbows, reds of the cardinals, the black and white of substrate and corys...

I may have just designed my next tank ;)

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    80 gallons ia very nice size tank, and your stocking options are greatly increased. Also your Resun SP 2500L is a submersable pump, not a filter, and is most likely attached to an undergravel filter. I would need to defer to folks more knowledgeable than myself to evaluate the effectiveness of your setup and tank size.

Personally I am not a fan of a cichlid tank, I find the variety in a community tank is more fun in the long run.

There are a lot of things to consider, and sometimes the long term entertainment value of the tank is not the most obvious right off the bat.

Some people like a lot of movement and a lot of fish, while others like the larger more colorful show peices. My personal preference is to have a variety of fish shapes and swim levels.

If I were to make a spontaneous stocking recommendation.....

14 Black Neon Tetras
    14 Cardinal Tetras
    10 Rummy Nose Tetras
    8 Leopard Cories
    2 Koi Angelfish
    2 Pearlscale Angelfish
    8 Odessa Barbs
    1 Farlowella Catfish
    1 Gold Nugget Pleco
    6 Zebra Nerite Snails
    6 Oto Catfish
    55 Gallon Freshwater Tank (semi-planted) 48"x21"x13"

Video of 55GAL Tank - DEC 2012

Gods Country, Eastern High Sierras, California

Awards Showcase

And one for you for as well. :) - Compass T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 To new fishies and gambling addictions! lol - Compass Good to see your still at it. - Strider199 Happy 2 year anniversary! - Slaphppy7 
    Congratualtions on 2 years at the AC.  We are all better for it! - fishmommie Happy 2nd anniversary. to Many more - SeaLady for the thing in your signature about saandy hook, i was in elementary during that time. - aquariumlover10 Thanks for the bucks!! - SeaLady No Message - RiversGirl 
    New fishys - SeaLady Congrats on 7,000 posts! - Slaphppy7 TGIF! - Taurus TGIF! - Taurus T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    Yes! TGIF - Compass TGIF Back at brother. ;-) - Taurus It's almost beer:30. - Taurus Here's a neon :) - rebecca_finny Thanks for all the good info lately--have a donut! - WhistlingBadger 
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler1 Childhood Cancer - steeler1 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - steeler1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1 
    Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - steeler1 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 

0 Not allowed!
    I like the Rainbowfish idea. You can usualy find Boesemani and Dwarf neon but if you could find some Parva/Lake Kurumoi , they would realy set off your tank.
    Last edited by steeler58; 01-29-2013 at 05:43 PM.
    Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
    Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit.
    -Vince Lombardi

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ― John Wooden
    Sandy Hook Elementary......Lest We Forget
    See my profile for my tanks and what fish I keep

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Hardy85 I really like that idea! With the cichlids I have they don't have much colour and they won't allow me to put plant's in without them digging them up or eating them! So it's a very rock and wood tank so I'm excited about getting in some colour! I love cory's and I really do want some rainbows. I love the look of the banded and the crimson spotted rainbows :-) If I had a large tank I would get an Arowana in a heartbeat, I just lovve their big scales and the rainbows remind me of them (in a larger scale kind of way) so that's why I am interested in them :-)

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by mizzoutank View Post
    850R:

I waited for him to eat it, and i waited...he never did! lol
    The anticipation was killing me.
    But he did, It's in the last 10 seconds or so that he was munching down.

To be fair he was in no hurry as that was his third big worm in that meal, He does love some delicious nightcrawlers though If I chop them into 1" chunks he eats them like popcorn.

It doesn't look like you are going this route but... I wouldn't put 4 mature angels in an 80 unless you have mated pairs, I had two mated pairs in my 90 but it was heavily planted and had few sightlines and lots of cover. I did once put another angel in there because he needed a time out from beating on his GF in a 55 and in 24 hours they beat him up so bad he later died from his injuries. It was entirely my fault, He couldn't get out of either pairs territory.
    Gas mileage isn't everything OIIIIIIIO
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.
    Why pretend there are no stupid questions? Actually, There are many stupid questions: "Should I drink this bleach?" Is just one example.
    Having said that, Just because it's a stupid question doesn't mean that it shouldn't be asked. It's better to know.

A warm beer is better than a cold beer. Because nothing is better than a cold beer, and a warm beer is better than nothing.

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Sounds like a fun project.
    If you were thinking of peaceful chiclids, I have blood parrots, severums, a blue angel, congos, jurupari geophagus, one GBR and 1 dw gourami and swordtails in my 90 along with 3 apple snails. TONS of color and movement. there's a video link on around page 29 of my journal (link in my signature line) You wouldn't be able to have plants though - the sevs would destroy them :o)

Good luck and be sure to post pics when you get set up.
    Last edited by fishmommie; 01-30-2013 at 04:49 AM.
    30 g FW planted:corys, ABNP, blue angel, harleys, zebra danios, nerites & mystery snails
    15 g FW planted: crown tail betta, neons, snails
    90 g FW semi planted: Blood Parrots, severum, Jurupari, EBJD, congos, kribs, clown pleco, snails
    90 Gal Journal: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=93939
    Fishless cycling: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ead.php?t=5640
    Cycling with fish: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=36492

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Alrighty, how about this -

6x Congo Tetra's
    5-7x Crimson Soptted Rainbowfish
    20-25x Carndinal Tetra's
    5x Bandit Cory's
    7x Albino Cory's
    5x Kuhli Loaches

Is this to many fish? I am purchasing 2x Aquaclear 110 Filters for my tank as well. I would plant my tank quite heavily so it's lovely and green with plenty of hiding places for the loaches but have enough swimming space for the school of tetra's too.

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Asherbonnie View Post
    Alrighty, how about this -

6x Congo Tetra's
    5-7x Crimson Soptted Rainbowfish
    20-25x Carndinal Tetra's
    5x Bandit Cory's
    7x Albino Cory's
    5x Kuhli Loaches

Is this to many fish? I am purchasing 2x Aquaclear 110 Filters for my tank as well. I would plant my tank quite heavily so it's lovely and green with plenty of hiding places for the loaches but have enough swimming space for the school of tetra's too.
    It sounds lovely. I would add 1 more bandit cory and 1 more loach and you could probably add 2 more congos. Run it by aquaadvisor.com just for fun. not a be all or end all but it will give you a good idea about the feasibility of your stocking levels.
    30 g FW planted:corys, ABNP, blue angel, harleys, zebra danios, nerites & mystery snails
    15 g FW planted: crown tail betta, neons, snails
    90 g FW semi planted: Blood Parrots, severum, Jurupari, EBJD, congos, kribs, clown pleco, snails
    90 Gal Journal: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=93939
    Fishless cycling: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ead.php?t=5640
    Cycling with fish: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=36492

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    why not 10 of everything just to be even:)
    4ft mbuna mangaino and yellows
    4ft rainbow tank
    4ft planted community
    16g nano planted shrimp and neon tetras
    10g nano reef