· Responsible Fish Keeping
· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

Hybrid View

1. Default New Tank, New Scape - Thoughts? Suggestions?

0 Not allowed!
    You've probably seen all my other posts about cycling this and stocking ideas. I figured I would post a picture now that the hard scape and planting is mostly finished, I hope you guys like it as much as I do so far :D. Always open to some suggestions. That ugly tube down the back for the bubble wall is temporary for added oxygen while it cycles. Still haven't decided on stocking ideas, might just go with massive tetra school idea with a few ottos, and a GBR. Was hoping for Angels but kinda discouraged that I can really only fit 1. Anyways, let me know what you think and thanks for all of you that have given me input along the way.

New Layout post co2.jpg

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Very ,very nice. I'd think about some kind of tetra or some cherry barbs schools And a bristle nose pleco would love that tank with all that great driftwood. I can't remember how big it is, but if you had room for a school of 6 or 8 tetra or barbs, 6 corys and a bristle nose, it would be a really pretty fun tank
    If you want to keep the bubbler but don't like the looks of the hose, just run it along the bottom and bury it in the substrate then run it to the corner and up and out.
    we'll need more photos when it's stocked :o)
    30 g FW planted:corys, ABNP, blue angel, harleys, zebra danios, nerites & mystery snails
    15 g FW planted: crown tail betta, neons, snails
    90 g FW semi planted: Blood Parrots, severum, Jurupari, EBJD, congos, kribs, clown pleco, snails
    90 Gal Journal: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=93939
    Fishless cycling: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ead.php?t=5640
    Cycling with fish: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=36492

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Hmmm bristlenose, didn't even think of that, that would be cool but I thought plecos needed like 40+ gallons. It's a 36g and the initial stock will be that is what is in my 10g (the GBR, 3 rummynose and 3 skirt tetras) I plan to up the school of rummies to 8 or 10 right off the bat. There will definitely be more pictures when stocked :D

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    nah, that is a rough estimate on pleco's.

get one that gets to 5-6inches and ample filtration and you'll be fine.

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by mizzoutank View Post
    nah, that is a rough estimate on pleco's.

get one that gets to 5-6inches and ample filtration and you'll be fine.
    Thanks, is bristlenose the best type of pleco for this? Or are there others that stay this size and might enjoy gnawing on all that wood?

Also using a pressurized co2 set up, not sure if this affects the type of stock I can use.

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    lets look at it this way.
    are you going to purchase via what is in store or online?
    bristlenose should be widely available in your local LFS, but if your order in, there are so many varieties at different costs 4-1,000+. haha. so lets start to what you are wanting to shop.

and pressurized co2 won't cause any issues-it'll cause a pH swing initially, but other than that...as long as your using a solenoid to control on/off you'll be safe with any fish.

also, I do like the tank.
    I also read this website extensively when trying to plan my 40b redo (also consulting members on here)
    http://fish-etc.com/aquascaping-main...anted-aquarium

this helped give ideas to why some tanks look more natural than others and how they pull it off.
    Last edited by mizzoutank; 01-29-2013 at 02:46 AM.

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by fishn00b View Post
    Hmmm bristlenose, didn't even think of that, that would be cool but I thought plecos needed like 40+ gallons. It's a 36g and the initial stock will be that is what is in my 10g (the GBR, 3 rummynose and 3 skirt tetras) I plan to up the school of rummies to 8 or 10 right off the bat. There will definitely be more pictures when stocked :D
    My albino bristle nose is only expected to get up to 4 inches max. And it takes a long time for them to grow. I've had him almost a year. started out just around an inch. now he's up to about 2 .1/2 inches. I love him. the light color is so visible and he's so active - day and night. Loves zuchinni rounds which I clip on a veggie clip and sink to the bottom in front so he's sucking on that 50% of the time. I have a GBR in the tank with him and they along fine/ The rummies and skirts would be a great mix with him. You could also add a couple of neritz snails and if you want cories, you could keep your tetra schools to 8 each. with good water maintenance I think you'd be fine.
    30 g FW planted:corys, ABNP, blue angel, harleys, zebra danios, nerites & mystery snails
    15 g FW planted: crown tail betta, neons, snails
    90 g FW semi planted: Blood Parrots, severum, Jurupari, EBJD, congos, kribs, clown pleco, snails
    90 Gal Journal: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=93939
    Fishless cycling: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ead.php?t=5640
    Cycling with fish: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=36492

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Like the tank.

Awards Showcase

Thanks for the help and advice - Slaphppy7 My turn to buy - fishmommie It's EOTW Beer Time! - KevinVA Nobody likes to drinl alone :) - steeler58 Back at you,  good sir! - Compass 
    Here's to Lee's 5000 and Guava Flavored Whiskey! - Taurus Why drink alone, when a Sandz is nearby? - KevinVA Sorry to hear of your loss, it always sucks to lose fish. - mommy1 Wish it was a real one, sorry for your loses :( - steeler58 So sorry about your fish! - SeaLady 
    Here is pie. - mommy1 for the one you lost :o( - fishmommie No Message - Fishhook Bottoms up! - Slaphppy7 Thanks, this one is on me - mommy1 
    Here's to 4,000 posts :) - steeler58 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 TGIF and here's to good whiskey :-) - Taurus Thanks for the rep :) - rebecca_finny pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie 

0 Not allowed!
    You are getting some great advice. If it were me, I would look for a Red BN. They are a little more rare but they are very pretty and POP against the green. I would go 15 Rummys, 8 Skirts if you are keeping them... Another really cool fish if you are ordering is Galaxy Rasbora. I dont see them at LFS often but they were on dr fosters website.last time I looked.
    FW: 1 45gal, 1 40gal, 3 10gal, 3 30gal all community tanks of different species
    Sw: 1 55gal, 1 30gal show, 1 29gal show, 1 20gal and 2 10's

0 Not allowed!
    Looks great! Love the natural look to it. Also, can't go wrong with any small schooling fish in a tank that size.
    Money can't buy happiness, but it sure can pay the rent.