· Responsible Fish Keeping
· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

Awards Showcase

hopefully this one shows up. - KingFisher It's the closest thing I could find to a snowflake. - Taurus Happy Birthday Girl. Wishing you many more. Ya thats why the Champagne is in play. hehehe - Strider199 For piping up - ~firefly~ Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Christmas - gadget228 Thank you and Happy Holidays! - KingFisher Merry x-mas and a Happy New Year Trillianne - Strider199 Happy New Year!!! - Rue 
    Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 Thanks for the B-Day wish - Strider199 Thanks for the Rep! - steeler1 Thanks, and one for you too. - mommy1 lol - 5 steps to gift giving.  We should eat more bananas... potassium and all that. - KevinVA 
    Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7 Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 No Message - Fishhook A Birthday Bunny. - gadget228 Thanks for the rep! :) - Compass 

Default Suggestions for a Portland, OR trip in Feb?

0 Not allowed!
    Ok so... next month the man and I are traveling to Portland, OR for a work conference of his (ApacheCon). We will be driving down since its not that far for us and adding a few days to the trip.

I do plan to visit The Wet Spot (after seeing their many cool online auctions at Aquabid) but was wondering if anyone had some other suggestions for places to visit and see.

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    There is a lot to see in Portland,
    The Pioneer and the Art Museum, river front, Rose Garden (hum... it's winter :-)), Chinese garden, Japanese garden, The Pittock Mansion and a lot more...
    If you come with kids, there is the zoo, the children's museum next door, OMSI etc...
    Mount Hood of course beautiful
    If you are willing to drive south a little my favorite coastal place is Newport (about 3hrs from Portland), there is the aquarium, the downtown is beautiful and authentic, a few miles in the bay there is an oyster farm (perfect for fresh oysters at dinner time :-)), lots of beaches and state parks where you can see wild life.

Awards Showcase

hopefully this one shows up. - KingFisher It's the closest thing I could find to a snowflake. - Taurus Happy Birthday Girl. Wishing you many more. Ya thats why the Champagne is in play. hehehe - Strider199 For piping up - ~firefly~ Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Christmas - gadget228 Thank you and Happy Holidays! - KingFisher Merry x-mas and a Happy New Year Trillianne - Strider199 Happy New Year!!! - Rue 
    Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 Thanks for the B-Day wish - Strider199 Thanks for the Rep! - steeler1 Thanks, and one for you too. - mommy1 lol - 5 steps to gift giving.  We should eat more bananas... potassium and all that. - KevinVA 
    Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7 Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 No Message - Fishhook A Birthday Bunny. - gadget228 Thanks for the rep! :) - Compass 

0 Not allowed!
    No kids... just us two immature adults!

I figured this time of year probably not the best for the rose garden.... ah well perhaps another time!

Awards Showcase

It's EOTW Beer Time! - KevinVA Nobody likes to drinl alone :) - steeler58 Back at you,  good sir! - Compass Here's to Lee's 5000 and Guava Flavored Whiskey! - Taurus Why drink alone, when a Sandz is nearby? - KevinVA 
    Sorry to hear of your loss, it always sucks to lose fish. - mommy1 Wish it was a real one, sorry for your loses :( - steeler58 So sorry about your fish! - SeaLady Here is pie. - mommy1 for the one you lost :o( - fishmommie 
    No Message - Fishhook Bottoms up! - Slaphppy7 Thanks, this one is on me - mommy1 Here's to 4,000 posts :) - steeler58 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    TGIF and here's to good whiskey :-) - Taurus Thanks for the rep :) - rebecca_finny pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie thank you for your help and advice - showmebutterfly Even Monday's are better with severum - showmebutterfly 

0 Not allowed!
    Depending on how much you like the cold, the Falls are beautiful for the drive and the hike this time of year. The wet spot is a wonderful place, they know how to pack and ship for success so they could easily give you fish to take home. They specialize in cichlids. Many types of Appisto's, Malawi, etc. Also they have a crazy number of catfish from Cories rarely seen and pleco's. Be careful when you pull up there, depending on which way you are going the street is going to mess with you, its a Y intersection and you have to take the right on the Y and park on the street or the grocery store just past it.

I used to work at the Oregon Zoo, its one of the better small zoos in the nation. The polar bears should be really out and fun this time of year.

The street of dreams is pretty, and it really depends on what you consider fun. The gardens are going to be drab and ugly.
    FW: 1 45gal, 1 40gal, 3 10gal, 3 30gal all community tanks of different species
    Sw: 1 55gal, 1 30gal show, 1 29gal show, 1 20gal and 2 10's

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    I will have a bit more free time than my bf, since I won't be going to the conference. Thanks for the tip on the directions to the fish shop! That sort of thing can be quite helpful.

Awards Showcase

It's EOTW Beer Time! - KevinVA Nobody likes to drinl alone :) - steeler58 Back at you,  good sir! - Compass Here's to Lee's 5000 and Guava Flavored Whiskey! - Taurus Why drink alone, when a Sandz is nearby? - KevinVA 
    Sorry to hear of your loss, it always sucks to lose fish. - mommy1 Wish it was a real one, sorry for your loses :( - steeler58 So sorry about your fish! - SeaLady Here is pie. - mommy1 for the one you lost :o( - fishmommie 
    No Message - Fishhook Bottoms up! - Slaphppy7 Thanks, this one is on me - mommy1 Here's to 4,000 posts :) - steeler58 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    TGIF and here's to good whiskey :-) - Taurus Thanks for the rep :) - rebecca_finny pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie thank you for your help and advice - showmebutterfly Even Monday's are better with severum - showmebutterfly 

0 Not allowed!
    Trust me, I wish I had it first time I was finding them. I had a GPS and its telling me to turn right and there is no right...
    FW: 1 45gal, 1 40gal, 3 10gal, 3 30gal all community tanks of different species
    Sw: 1 55gal, 1 30gal show, 1 29gal show, 1 20gal and 2 10's

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandz View Post
    I used to work at the Oregon Zoo, its one of the better small zoos in the nation. The polar bears should be really out and fun this time of year.

The street of dreams is pretty, and it really depends on what you consider fun. The gardens are going to be drab and ugly.
    That's wonderful, we've been members of the zoo for 2 years and member of the aquarium for 4 years now and no disappointment there. You are right about the gardens with the exception perhaps of the chinese one (love it :-)), rain or shine the architecture of the buildings are beautiful and there is no "dirt walk", you won't see blossoms but it remains interesting with chinese art exposition as well. .

OH forgot, this is the willamette valley, lots of wines and winery
    Last edited by Delphe; 01-29-2013 at 10:04 PM.