· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Few Questions

Awards Showcase

It's EOTW Beer Time! - KevinVA Nobody likes to drinl alone :) - steeler58 Back at you,  good sir! - Compass Here's to Lee's 5000 and Guava Flavored Whiskey! - Taurus Why drink alone, when a Sandz is nearby? - KevinVA 
    Sorry to hear of your loss, it always sucks to lose fish. - mommy1 Wish it was a real one, sorry for your loses :( - steeler58 So sorry about your fish! - SeaLady Here is pie. - mommy1 for the one you lost :o( - fishmommie 
    No Message - Fishhook Bottoms up! - Slaphppy7 Thanks, this one is on me - mommy1 Here's to 4,000 posts :) - steeler58 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    TGIF and here's to good whiskey :-) - Taurus Thanks for the rep :) - rebecca_finny pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie thank you for your help and advice - showmebutterfly Even Monday's are better with severum - showmebutterfly 

0 Not allowed!
    That really looks like 3 males to me... http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1357/...392703ed1c.jpg this link is what all my females have looked like. They are much smaller (by half the body length) and yellowed. There are some that are just paled out with tip finage, much like Guppys but those look like 3 males.
    FW: 1 45gal, 1 40gal, 3 10gal, 3 30gal all community tanks of different species
    Sw: 1 55gal, 1 30gal show, 1 29gal show, 1 20gal and 2 10's

0 Not allowed!
    Don't tell me that... lol. They are smaller than the obvious male, and have been following him around a lot, but not positive... I've had a few people tell me different things, gonna see how it develops. When should it be obvious if they are male or female. They are probably around 1.5 inches at this point (head to tip of tail)

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Keep an eye out on your DG and apisto's.

My DG did not like any sort of fish that challenged his size/space. So far warning on that. He nearly killed my ram and this was 1 DG and 1 ram in a 45gallon with plenty of plants/wood

Awards Showcase

It's EOTW Beer Time! - KevinVA Nobody likes to drinl alone :) - steeler58 Back at you,  good sir! - Compass Here's to Lee's 5000 and Guava Flavored Whiskey! - Taurus Why drink alone, when a Sandz is nearby? - KevinVA 
    Sorry to hear of your loss, it always sucks to lose fish. - mommy1 Wish it was a real one, sorry for your loses :( - steeler58 So sorry about your fish! - SeaLady Here is pie. - mommy1 for the one you lost :o( - fishmommie 
    No Message - Fishhook Bottoms up! - Slaphppy7 Thanks, this one is on me - mommy1 Here's to 4,000 posts :) - steeler58 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    TGIF and here's to good whiskey :-) - Taurus Thanks for the rep :) - rebecca_finny pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie thank you for your help and advice - showmebutterfly Even Monday's are better with severum - showmebutterfly 

0 Not allowed!
    Yeah I am not a Dwarf Gourami fan because of that... I find that the pearls and golds are much more accomodating. They are quite pretty though. But yeah.. I seriously think you have 3 males. Just two smaller than the other.

0 Not allowed!
    With regards to the DG, there have been a few stand offs, but it has always been the DG being submissive, and involves a chase of about 2-3" and then once the DG has left the area they all go back to normal.

If it were up to me I'd rehome the DG, but my gf "loves his pretty colors". I'm monitoring it, but seems ok so far.

If I do end up with 3 males that would be better than 2m 1 f right, I understand they won't be as colorful but 3 males can co-exist with no females in the tank correct?

0 Not allowed!
    female 1 might possibly be a young male. female 2 has black leading edges on her pelvic fins like most female apistogramma, which
    "female" 1 doesn't seem to have.

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    ^ Thats true; Honestly with the tank size I would not say keep all of them, I would go back and say that you are looking for females, these are beggining to show male signs. Swap until you get it right. I wish you luck with them. Watch closely over the next couple days. Remember that the dominant male will remain very colored and usually the subdom males stay drab.

0 Not allowed!
    "Female 1" is definitely a male... starting to get some blue on its face, and a few times last night was "flaring" up with the larger male.

I will try to take him back today, other than bagging what is the best method of transport?

Also, I made 2 coconut caves, the female has been staying near the one driftwood cave for the past day, and defending it too.

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    I use a fish bucket with a battery air stone.

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandz View Post
    I use a fish bucket with a battery air stone.

second that-but my lfs is close enought that I don't need an air stone.
    filled up a 5gallon bucket with half tank water, netted him and was on my merry way.

just make sure you call ahead...some places don't like unexpected drop offs. lol