· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Default my albino BN is turning red

0 Not allowed!
    ok, my BN is turning red under his skin. is it because of my royal and him fighting. my amonnia is giving me a spike of .25 since i added my royal and sev. I have been doing 2 5gallon bucket wc everyday to combat the poop till we move. I have tons of driftwood in my tank so they have there own territories. a while back my rubberlip died so i did add a femal BN, but they have been fine; so i doubt that is it. I am really not worried about my amonnia spike that much either since my emerald cats and other plecos dont seem to be changed or bothered. my parrots are laying eggs again and being a bit of a terror atm. Could that be it; if not idk.

Further inspection shows small gashes on his side, what is he fighting with, parrots or royal pleco. also only place i can move him at moment is a divided 10 for my bettas, will he be fine on one side
    Last edited by Angelfish11788; 01-25-2013 at 12:31 AM.

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    If it was only the top that got red/pinkish I would say that is normal, indicates he is ready to breed. The most probable thing based on your statement would be that your parrots are breeding right now, did your rubber lip die while your parrots were laying eggs also? If so I would do the preventative thing and temporarily house him in the betta tank, make sure you do even more water changes as that is a considerably heavy bio load.

Endangered Species 150G Journal
    Discus Grow Out 65G Journal

'No disrespect intended, but I tell it like it is.'

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    the rubber lip was a petsmart fish, so thats what I expected. It was no where the breeding parrots. yea i do a weekly 50% WC then now i do a 10 gallon change a day, till I set my 125, which will be about a week and 1/2

0 Not allowed!
    Considering 2 factors. One, he's been fighting. Two, he's an albino, I'd say the sudden redness would be bruising under his armor and because he's an albino it's just more visible

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Was gonna move him today. He Didn't make it through the night. See bettas are at gf's so I could do anything till today. :( He will be missed

0 Not allowed!
    Sorry your fish didn't make it : (
    46 gal fw tank with black skirt tetras, neon tetras, spotted corys, cherry barbs, otoclinus, snails & 4 amano shrimp - plastic & live plants
    5 gal QT
    Remember: Our job is to take care of the water our fish live in

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by andreahp
    Sorry your fish didn't make it : (

thank you, sounds dumb but i really miss him, I swear he always came out for a pic, lol