· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Default New Bamboo Shrimp

0 Not allowed!
    I love these guys! Big shrimp that filter junk out of the water.

I decided to get them after I noticed that after every feeding I had food dust blutering around the tank.

Does anyone have experience with these invertebrates, any tips on keeping them?

55 Gallon Freshwater Tank (semi-planted) 48"x21"x13"

Video of 55GAL Tank - DEC 2012

0 Not allowed!
    Awesome shrimps. I love em too. I had one for a couple of months. All I can share is that it was doing great in my tank up until I removed one of the two filters I had running. It died a week later. They really need good water flow to survive. Best of luck.

No I am itching to get 1 or 2 atya shrimp. Maybe tomorrow Thanks ddavis
    Roll the Dice!

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas Douglas - Taurus Please enjoy this holiday hog! - Trillianne Have a super christmas! - Aeonflame Congrats on 1 year! - andreahp Congrats on 1 year! - jeffs99dime 
    Happy One-Year! - Rue Happy New Year! - ~firefly~ Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 No Message - 850R Now THAT was a nice quiet beer... But now that we have had another... Let's go break stuff!! :-P - 850R 
    Thanks for the rep/compliments! - mojosodope Thanks for the rep the other day, cheers - Cliff ...they go with snow, right? - ~firefly~ Thanks for the rep the other day - Cliff Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Christmas - mommy1 Merry Christmas - KingFisher Happy New Year - mommy1 Thanks! - pRED 

0 Not allowed!
    Nice big shrimp

Approx what size are they?
    My therapist says I need a bigger tank . . . . .

0 Not allowed!
    I read that they feed by sitting in a current and "filtering" microorganisms from the water.
    Coastie-to-be... hopefully.

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I do have pretty good water flow/current in the tank and they have been steady filtering since I got them.

They are about 3.5 inches long and as big around as a dime. Or maybe the same size as a big pinky finger.

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I am so jealous xD I have alot of small tanks but I'm gonna try to replace 2 with 1 large. I want to somehow get one of these awesome shrimp in the future.

Just saying, but I once saw blue bamboo shrimp for $7. Didn't see any more on the next visit though.

0 Not allowed!
    Tips? Extremely clean water, these guys do NOT handle ammonia or nitrite or the copper found in many meds. Plenty of flow, preferably with a perching spot in there. Keep some liquid fry food on standby for them just in case. If you see them use their fans to pick at the bottom they are starving!

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I do see them scavenging the bottom quite often, however they also have increased their color to a very bright red, and molted twice since I go them.

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    i just got one, they are super cool but i never see him, he hides out on a plant leaf right below the filter, every once and a while i see a stream of shrimp poop around that area so i figure he must be getting enough to eat.