· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Default Root growth issues

0 Not allowed!
    I've had my Aniubas and Java fern attached to rocks and drift wood for about a month now with rubber bands (its all I had at the time). The aniubas has been growing new leaves and the java fern have been growing off shoots, they all look good. The problem is that they still haven't attached to the rocks and wood. I'm using Tetra FloraPride dosing 10 ml every week after my water change. The tank is a 20 gallon with the stock 100 watt LED light.

Default 'Stock100W LED' Stock with what? Are you sure it puts out a plant friendly spectrum?

0 Not allowed!
    A few new leaves in a month is not bad for an anubius at all IMO.

Although possibly your lighting is not everything you think it is also, More details about your light wouldn't hurt.

I can say you need to be a bit more patient with your expectations. Wait it out, These things take more than a month.
    Gas mileage isn't everything OIIIIIIIO
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.
    Why pretend there are no stupid questions? Actually, There are many stupid questions: "Should I drink this bleach?" Is just one example.
    Having said that, Just because it's a stupid question doesn't mean that it shouldn't be asked. It's better to know.

A warm beer is better than a cold beer. Because nothing is better than a cold beer, and a warm beer is better than nothing.

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Its a small LED light that is 100 watts from the kit I got. That's all the info I have I know the lighting sucks but its what I've got so low light only plants. I was just curious if I was doing something wrong. Roughly how long should it be before the roots start to attach?

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Liimmng
    Its a small LED light that is 100 watts from the kit I got.
    Yes, The kit...
    Do you know if the kit has a name or a brand? Or the name of the store it came from? Possibly a link to the actual product from that stores website..?
    Roughly how long should it be before the roots start to attach?
    This depends on multiple factors, One of which is obviously if the lighting is suitable...
    Gas mileage isn't everything OIIIIIIIO
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.
    Why pretend there are no stupid questions? Actually, There are many stupid questions: "Should I drink this bleach?" Is just one example.
    Having said that, Just because it's a stupid question doesn't mean that it shouldn't be asked. It's better to know.

A warm beer is better than a cold beer. Because nothing is better than a cold beer, and a warm beer is better than nothing.

0 Not allowed!
    Slower growers. I wouldn't look for them to attach in less than 4 months.

0 Not allowed!
    In addition, rocks can not be smooth but must have rough area's for the roots to grab hold. Just tie the plants to the rocks or driftwood with fishing line and forget about it. I have some that has probably been tied on for a year. One day when I have it out, I'll clip off the fishing line but it doesn't hurt anything and can't be seen so it's just not an issue.

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by 850R
    Yes, The kit...
    Do you know if the kit has a name or a brand? Or the name of the store it came from? Possibly a link to the actual product from that stores website..?

This depends on multiple factors, One of which is obviously if the lighting is suitable...
    It is the Marineland LED 20 gallon kit. I'll be up grading the lights at some point hopefully over the summer.