· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default 20 gallon stocking

0 Not allowed!
    I'm in the process of trying to decided what else to add to my tank. I've looked a lot of different fish from ghost shrimp to dwarf gouramis to a busy nose pelco and now am thinking about dwarf cory cats.

Tank info:
    8 blood fins (going to have 10)
    2 AC 30s for filtration
    lightly planted
    air stone

The problem is I can't decided what else to put in the tank. I'd like to have a bottom feeder but the shrimp would get eaten and the way I have the tank set up not sure if the dwarf cories would like it. I have the tank set up like this to maximize my poor lighting (100 watt LED that came with the tank). Plus I like it has a center piece with the fish swimming through and around it. Here's a picture. http://s1310.beta.photobucket.com/us...d42a4.jpg.html OT how do I post pictures to my post? Can't seem to figure it out.
    Last edited by Limming; 01-21-2013 at 04:11 PM.

0 Not allowed!
    I suggest having 12 blood fins tetras, add a bushy nose pleco and call it a day.
    Roll the Dice!

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Thats one of the routes I debated for a bit decided I didn't have enough filtration for the pleco. Another concern is I'm not sure if the tank would be big enough when it gets to full size. Forgot to add that the tank is cycled 0 ammonia and nitrites and roughly 5 ppm nitrates.
    Last edited by Limming; 01-21-2013 at 04:31 PM.

0 Not allowed!
    2 x AC30 would would be more then enough for a BN in a 20 gallon. As long as the BN has a cave it should be fine in a 20 gallon. I keep a 4 inche adult in a 20 gallon with 11 black skirt tetras and no problems.
    Roll the Dice!

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks for the info. Unless anyone can see a problem with this set up I'll go 12 bloodfin and 1 BN.

0 Not allowed!
    No advice just wanted to say tank looks good:P Also, if you notice on the right hand side of the photobucket page it says IMG code. Just paste that code into your thread and viola!
    Coastie-to-be... hopefully.

7. Default

0 Not allowed!

Thanks! Took a couple months to settle on how I like it but its good now. I'm going to add some more drift wood and rock to make a cave for the pelco on the right side.

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas Douglas - Taurus Please enjoy this holiday hog! - Trillianne Have a super christmas! - Aeonflame Congrats on 1 year! - andreahp Congrats on 1 year! - jeffs99dime 
    Happy One-Year! - Rue Happy New Year! - ~firefly~ Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 No Message - 850R Now THAT was a nice quiet beer... But now that we have had another... Let's go break stuff!! :-P - 850R 
    Thanks for the rep/compliments! - mojosodope Thanks for the rep the other day, cheers - Cliff ...they go with snow, right? - ~firefly~ Thanks for the rep the other day - Cliff Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Christmas - mommy1 Merry Christmas - KingFisher Happy New Year - mommy1 Thanks! - pRED 

0 Not allowed!
    Looks nice, maybe add a black background? Would finish it off nicely
    My therapist says I need a bigger tank . . . . .

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I have a black background that I just need to find time to attach hopefully this weekend if everything works out.

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Just sayin'.....a bushynose pleco won't eat shrimp. And it might be nice to have more movement. Cherry shrimp would look great.
    20 gallon with a male betta, neons, glowlights, and red cherry shrimp. (work in progess) Recently added a few LIVE plants and driftwood, Woooohoooo!