· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: neon tetra

1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Just because I come face to face with someone at work doesn't mean i'm friends with them...

my gourami "was okay" with my EBR when they came face to face.

when i wasn't watching-he beat the crap out of him and nearly killed him.

you cannot observe their behavior 24/7 to know. but if you see aggression, then there is more that you don't see-while at work, or at night, or eating dinner etc.

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    ill keep an eye and if i see anything i will return them

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Great,
    Now we are at post #1 again.

Reference post 2-31 for more information to answer your question when it doesn't change.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by mizzoutank
    here's the deal.

30min of your time does not define the behavior of a fish.
    that leaves you with 23.5 hours left in the day for the gourami to bully the others.

so no, what you saw isn't good news.
    +1
    Lets look at the big picture, According to your observation:

2.08333% of the day - Things are fine [If you define 'fine' as having an unaccounted for missing fish ] which means that 97.91666% is unknown.

That is not a win in any book any time anywhere. Do you do not recognize this?
    .. & now considering this statement - [Which as mentioned we have heard before]
    Quote Originally Posted by vafa
    ill keep an eye and if i see anything i will return them
    I find it very hard to come to any other conclusion other than that you are either not cut out for fish or trolling.
    Gas mileage isn't everything OIIIIIIIO
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.
    Why pretend there are no stupid questions? Actually, There are many stupid questions: "Should I drink this bleach?" Is just one example.
    Having said that, Just because it's a stupid question doesn't mean that it shouldn't be asked. It's better to know.

A warm beer is better than a cold beer. Because nothing is better than a cold beer, and a warm beer is better than nothing.

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    ok guys lets say your hunting for food and you were starving and you see a deer right in front of you, would you turn around and walk away or would you shoot it. i think the gourmai would choose the same thing as you chose. and lets say there still is aggresion in my tank, would it realley matter if the neons would get chased once in a day. none are dead, none are injuried. what could possibly happen

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I don't eat deer...

and you still don't get it.

you feed your fish.
    they are full
    they don't chase/bully because they are HUNGRY. they do it because it is in their GENES. it is their habit/behavior.

my gourami was a pig and overfed.
    yet he still near killed my Ram.

so you still don't get it.
    if you want your neon's to suffer and be stressed 24/7, and die much sooner b/c of such. then that is your choice.

but you've been told the who/what/when/why/how of your issue. so you know the answer, yet you won't do anything about it.
    good day.

0 Not allowed!
    I would suggest giving some of the advice already posted in this thread some more thought. Many of us have years or decades of experiance keeping fish. We are only trying to give you advice based on that experiance and what we have learned along the way.
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

0 Not allowed!
    This thread is now starting to cause drama so it is closed

The orginal question has been answered many times
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]