· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas Douglas - Taurus Please enjoy this holiday hog! - Trillianne Have a super christmas! - Aeonflame Congrats on 1 year! - andreahp Congrats on 1 year! - jeffs99dime 
    Happy One-Year! - Rue Happy New Year! - ~firefly~ Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 No Message - 850R Now THAT was a nice quiet beer... But now that we have had another... Let's go break stuff!! :-P - 850R 
    Thanks for the rep/compliments! - mojosodope Thanks for the rep the other day, cheers - Cliff ...they go with snow, right? - ~firefly~ Thanks for the rep the other day - Cliff Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Christmas - mommy1 Merry Christmas - KingFisher Happy New Year - mommy1 Thanks! - pRED 

0 Not allowed!
    The LEDs should be nice

I'm thinking about getting them for my 42G, more energy efficient
    My therapist says I need a bigger tank . . . . .

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Nice!

what fixtures are you looking at?

I just ordered the 36inch finnex fugeray. dollar/par values it seemed to be the best IMO. i'll be sure to post before and after pictures to show how it is.

filled up the spare tank w/ water to test for leaks how it really looks under water tonight. i just feel the need to keep messing with it until it comes to stocking

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas Douglas - Taurus Please enjoy this holiday hog! - Trillianne Have a super christmas! - Aeonflame Congrats on 1 year! - andreahp Congrats on 1 year! - jeffs99dime 
    Happy One-Year! - Rue Happy New Year! - ~firefly~ Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 No Message - 850R Now THAT was a nice quiet beer... But now that we have had another... Let's go break stuff!! :-P - 850R 
    Thanks for the rep/compliments! - mojosodope Thanks for the rep the other day, cheers - Cliff ...they go with snow, right? - ~firefly~ Thanks for the rep the other day - Cliff Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Christmas - mommy1 Merry Christmas - KingFisher Happy New Year - mommy1 Thanks! - pRED 

0 Not allowed!
    I haven't even started to look at any makes/models yet. I just know I fancy them, no point usuing a big halogen when leds will do. No plants in my tanks as you know anyway

4. Talking Holy Driftwood Batman!!

0 Not allowed!
    I get you there,
    I think i'll try out a few plants just to see what happens and add some color since this tank is fairly dark "river bottom" look.

Called the LFS and they have done a number on their FW stocking. They basically filled 10 40Breeders with a plethora of fish.

They had a royal pleco!...but it was 97USD, and I can't justify that cost right now.
    Only other pleco's were huge 8in commons and baby(1in) bristlenose which those caught my eye.

Only acceptable dwarfs were kribs and german blues. and since i have rams, I was thinking of trying out the 2 kribs that they had, i wish i had the space for a german blue and krib?. Looking for other hardy-not so sensitive dwarfs, and it seems like kribs/bolivans fit that pefectly.

But they brought in their driftwood too. so I took home 4 pieces and here is my layout! I think this is near final-so i wanna get a lot of feedback. It comes off a bit full of wood. but that is also because i'm not used to so much.
    Thoughts?
    Attached Images Attached Images

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    okay, that layout didn't feel too great.

so just playing with something else: pics below
    Attached Images Attached Images

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Now that's looking good!! Kribs are awesome fish, females especially can be the nicest most colourful dwarf cichlid available, especially when in breeding season. I will see if I can dig up a picture of my female.

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Managed to find these pics

Female

Male

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Well that didn't work

Inserting images whilst using a crappy blackberry obviously doesn't work

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks,
    I think the 2nd style is going to stick but going to walk away from it and give it a fresh go next week. its so hard to create that natural look on purpose.

and that female is really colorful! That really convinced me of getting her.

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Lights are in!

And they are interesting to say the least. The sleek fixture, and night lights are awesome.
    However, they just aren't as bright as I expected them. Little bummed by that one. but we'll have to see when the tank is filled w/ fish and the select few plants.
    Here are the pics with the LED and new set up-both day and night.
    2013-01-28_16-44-42_465.jpg2013-01-28_16-45-08_975.jpg2013-01-28_16-45-30_348.jpg2013-01-28_16-46-18_541.jpg