· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

Hybrid View

1. Default need feedback on tank setup

0 Not allowed!
    with the approaching teardown (tba)
    ive picked up a spare 40b to get my new design nailed down.
    i'll order plants when the time is ready, but bare bones this is an initial idea.

thoughts?
    i'm way open to criticism and ideas. so please throw anything/everything at me.

my thoughts:
    1: wasn't sure of the "river" rock look. just trying to do some eye tricks make the tank look deep.

2: wasn't sure what to do with the far right mopani piece.

current set up has a little rock cave for my rupperlip, he loves his home...so i'm exploring a more natural/cool way to give him his rock cave back, so if you can think of cool ideas on that, lemme know. second pic is of his current home.

actually setting up a tank the right way this time...feels good. better than my impulse purchase with white gravel, fake plants and one swordtail.
    Attached Images Attached Images

0 Not allowed!
    my suggestions are, i believe, quite a bit different than your original plans so feel free to ignore...

Both the rocks and the mopane make a good centerpiece to an aquascape, however I don't think there is space for both to look beautiful in your tank. I would pick either the rocks or the mopane and design the rest of the aquascape around them. personally I would pick the mopane because you seem to have all kinds of different rock which doesn't look too good placed together. I'd put the large mopane piece in a back corner of the tank and have the little piece 2/3 of the tank away to complement the large one.

again, feel free to ignore and override

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas Douglas - Taurus Please enjoy this holiday hog! - Trillianne Have a super christmas! - Aeonflame Congrats on 1 year! - andreahp Congrats on 1 year! - jeffs99dime 
    Happy One-Year! - Rue Happy New Year! - ~firefly~ Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 No Message - 850R Now THAT was a nice quiet beer... But now that we have had another... Let's go break stuff!! :-P - 850R 
    Thanks for the rep/compliments! - mojosodope Thanks for the rep the other day, cheers - Cliff ...they go with snow, right? - ~firefly~ Thanks for the rep the other day - Cliff Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Christmas - mommy1 Merry Christmas - KingFisher Happy New Year - mommy1 Thanks! - pRED 

0 Not allowed!
    If you are wanting multiple dwarfs then you gota up your decor considerably.

If you search through my photo journal in the photo forum you will see my 'bare river bottom' tank, its a dwarf haven
    My therapist says I need a bigger tank . . . . .

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    appreciate the follow up SF

i was looking for post 36 or something and now that i see how you've done it i can def up the decor.

i was planning to visit the other lfs and see their wood choies.

most places in my area don't have the skinny "root looking" pieces that you have. so that'll be an interesting challenge to get that.

and madagas: ya i feel ya on that. having an extra foot would really help, but with your feedback and SF's, i'll see what i can come up with when i visit the stores.

i am going to use a black background this time too. it's black felt and gonna crazyglue it on. really makes a difference having that!

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    take that back,
    the nice lfs across down had a cool malaysian piece.

just soaked it for a few hours and am messing with that design.

the owner said they are bringing in some dwarf cichlids as well as some manzanita style (i think that is the name...but the "root" looking wood) pieces by this weekend.

So ill have a fresh stock of wood and fish! it's all coming together.

hope to get the wood this weekend and the fish (after they acclimate after their move) and put them in QT till the new tank is all ready.

wahooo

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    how is this for the start of increasing the decor?

added a piece of wood and a few more rocks.
    Attached Images Attached Images