· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Hobbs
    Read the directions. Medications that want you to reduce for tetra's will state that. Remove charcoal if it's in your filter and add an air stone. If you don't have an air stone, reduce water level for more oxygen.

Check directions. It probably says to redose each day after a 25% water change each day?
    Doesnt say anything about tetras, on their website it says to do a half dosage 'for sharks, loaches & other sensitive or light scaled fish'.

It also says to dose every 48 hours, then for another 48 hours after spots have gone, then a 10% water change is recommended.

Im really torn now, I want to use it asap but I dont wont to cause any more problems in case it has gone bad... not sure whether to wait til morning so I can pop out to get some new stuff or start using this now

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Hobbs
    PS.......I have a little 5 gallon tank that I slide under my bed and another 10 gallon that just sits in the corner of my bedroom when not in use. If you will be keeping fish, you really need a quarantine tank.
    Im in the UK, generally speaking our houses are kind of on the small side, mine in particular. Put it this way, I would not be able to swing a cat around in my bedroom, it is quite small.
    Last edited by serbusfish; 01-21-2013 at 01:10 AM.

29 Gallon: Veiltail Betta, White Cloud Minnows, Neon Tetras, Honey Gourami, Rummy Nose Tetra, Bolivian Ram, African Dwarf Frogs, Amano Shrimp

6.4 Gallon: Halfmoon Betta

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    OK I bought a new bottle of the King British stuff and have put in a half dose. Would it be a good idea to use Aquarium salt as well? Im not sure which species are ok with it and which arent, I presume Amano shrimp will be ok as they need some salt in their water to breed.

29 Gallon: Veiltail Betta, White Cloud Minnows, Neon Tetras, Honey Gourami, Rummy Nose Tetra, Bolivian Ram, African Dwarf Frogs, Amano Shrimp

6.4 Gallon: Halfmoon Betta