· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Exclamation I need your help!!

0 Not allowed!
    So my friend asked me to help catch his fish from his tank so he can sell them. Is there any way to go about it without taking all the rock out??

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
    Merry Christmas! - Lab_Rat thank you for the birthday wishes - mommy1 Happy One Year AC Anniversary! - Rue For being understanding, thank you - Cliff (closest I could find to a catfish) Thanks for the nomination! - sheamurai 
    Thank you for the MOTM nomination - mommy1 I think you deserve a random gift. Yes, I think you do. - PhillipOrigami For being a fellow MA native! - Lolita Happy Birthday to you. - jeffs99dime Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    It's a Christmas Bunny, Merry Christmas. - gadget228 I've not seen anyone with an umbrella here. You seem to have an odd collection of gifts...so here's my contribution. :-) - ~firefly~ "genocidex;1139790]stupid question... but would i be able to use lawn clovers in a tank?  lol"  REALLY - Strider199 crayfish! - Brhino thanks for sharing - sheamurai 
    For filling out my school! :) - Flyby Stardancer silly rabbit... - sheamurai They say one of these a day keeps doctors away.... - Trillianne Day Two... - Trillianne Thanks for the frogbit very much :) - Greentoads41 
    World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - genocidex 

0 Not allowed!
    you can try double net but i think those rocks will hide most of them....
    KING OF THE GOLD BARBS RAWR!!!!
    I wonder if i plant one of my tiger barbs would the demon seed grow to a full tree?
    gotta love them bunnies!
    I.R.S.: We've got what it takes to take what you've got!

Lightbulb SO low that he is swimming at an angle.

0 Not allowed!
    Lower the water level, Way way way down.. And then lower it a bit more. Use two nets and use the smaller net to chase him into the bigger one.
    Gas mileage isn't everything OIIIIIIIO
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.
    Why pretend there are no stupid questions? Actually, There are many stupid questions: "Should I drink this bleach?" Is just one example.
    Having said that, Just because it's a stupid question doesn't mean that it shouldn't be asked. It's better to know.

A warm beer is better than a cold beer. Because nothing is better than a cold beer, and a warm beer is better than nothing.

0 Not allowed!
    +1 to the above posts

Maybe something along these lines might help as well

http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ight=fish+trap

If you search YouTube video titles for fish traps, you can find a few more ideas
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by 850R
    Lower the water level, Way way way down.. And then lower it a bit more. Use two nets and use the smaller net to chase him into the bigger one.

even if you lower the water level wont the fish still try to hide in the rock? There is quite a bit of fish not just the two in the photo.

0 Not allowed!
    I am positive they will, But you will likely get some of them before you have to start pulling rocks & you have nothing to lose by trying. You will probably end up having to pull at least the covering rocks to chase them out.

It comes with the territory
    Gas mileage isn't everything OIIIIIIIO
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.
    Why pretend there are no stupid questions? Actually, There are many stupid questions: "Should I drink this bleach?" Is just one example.
    Having said that, Just because it's a stupid question doesn't mean that it shouldn't be asked. It's better to know.

A warm beer is better than a cold beer. Because nothing is better than a cold beer, and a warm beer is better than nothing.

0 Not allowed!
    If you have lots of time and creativity you could also try trapping...
    Fish traps are easy to make with stuff lying around. Bait could be, depending on fish, food or a mirror. Make sure to attend the trap at all times to remove the caught fish before it potentially injures itself attempting to get out.

0 Not allowed!
    Sidenote, this tank looks really cool with the large rocks! Would look better in a massive tank but I think the boulders make it more similar to the mbunas natural habitat.
    Coastie-to-be... hopefully.

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    If the fish are like mine they all come out at feeding time - try putting the food in the net - mine are so greedy they'll swim straight in

0 Not allowed!
    The tank is not that big so I would probably pull the rock out and catch the fish. Good time to do some cleaning under the rock and clean the substrate, too. It won't take 5 minutes to remove the rock and less stress time for the fish to be chased around.