· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Awards Showcase

I had no cup, so I put it on a bun... - Slaphppy7 You are amazing! So smart and giving. - SeaLady Can't give you any more rep, but well said! - steeler58 Thank again!! You seem to enjoy your coffee. - steeler58 Thanks for the rep!! - Compass 
    this doesnt look like pie... not the right kind.. - Sandz for providing solid guidance to others - RiversGirl Thanks for the rep! :) - Compass cheers - Fishhook Using up my winnings on my friends! - Compass 
    No Message - Fishhook beeeeeeeer! - Sandz Bottoms up! (even though you don't drink, lol) - Slaphppy7 We miss you... - Compass thank you for the filter! - RiversGirl 
    for the fun game! - SeaLady Thank you very very much!! - Compass Love the games. Thank you :) - rebecca_finny TGIF! - showmebutterfly Thanks for your help & points. - metweezer 

0 Not allowed!
    They need to be the same exact fish. Both cherry and gold barbs are part of the Cyprinidae family, and puntius genus, but cherry barb's scientific species name is titteya and gold barbs scientific species name is semifaciolatus. Their family and genus are the same, so they should get along, but their species is different so they won't school.
    When I go fishing I just place a sharp rock in the water and sit there waiting for all the dead fish to float to the top... Kingfisher
    Brutal honesty will be shown on this screen.
    I think my fish is adjusting well to the four gallon, He's laying on his side attempting to go to sleep on the bottom of the gravel.
    Tolerance is a great thing to have, so is the ability to shut up.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by 850R
    Your fish would be far better off if instead of adding additional species you increased your 'schools'. This would be the preferable route to go, Low numbers such as 4 or 5 don't even count as a school and will not result in the behaviour they exhibit in actual school.

Instead you will get hiding, shy, stressed fish - Especially in the presence of gourami and cichlids.
    Ok, well as I already have 10 neons they should be ok right? How about I add 2 or 3 more Pentazonas + the Bolivian Ram and forget the guppies and frogs?

29 Gallon: Veiltail Betta, White Cloud Minnows, Neon Tetras, Honey Gourami, Rummy Nose Tetra, Bolivian Ram, African Dwarf Frogs, Amano Shrimp

6.4 Gallon: Halfmoon Betta

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Yeah, I have to agree with the last two posts. Like I mentioned, the Danios all seem to hang together, so what was said makes perfect sense. The Gold barbs usually cluster by the driftwood when they aren't greedily hunting for food on the bottom and the Cherrys are barely ever together at all. I really like the coloring of the Cherrys so I don't have a problem getting another 3 or 4. just another excuse to hit the pet store..... Thanks guys!

55g African Cichlid tank -
    29g Community tank -

0 Not allowed!
    My cherries are together all the time but really......how can they not be in a 29 gallon tank? LOL I have probably 14. I like them a lot and they are perfect Barbs for a 29 gallon. I have them with neon's, Harlequin rasbora and shrimp.

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by serbusfish
    Ok, well as I already have 10 neons they should be ok right? How about I add 2 or 3 more Pentazonas + the Bolivian Ram and forget the guppies and frogs?
    DONT ANYTHING NEW!!! (i.e. Ram, Guppies, frogs etc)

You already have way to many things in your tank! Up the schools like I said before (okay your up to 10 neons, fix the other things and don't add more species, its not a good idea. If you actually care about your tanks you'll just up the schools when possible and then when thats done take it from there.
    RIP Shark Bait, my Red Tail Shark :(

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by icefreeze57
    DONT ANYTHING NEW!!! (i.e. Ram, Guppies, frogs etc)

You already have way to many things in your tank! Up the schools like I said before (okay your up to 10 neons, fix the other things and don't add more species, its not a good idea. If you actually care about your tanks you'll just up the schools when possible and then when thats done take it from there.
    What are you talking about? There is no way my tank is overstocked (a lot of the time it looks half empty!) and my filter is more than adequate (it is actually for a 300 litre tank).

I want a single Ram + frogs as most of my current fish stay near the upper middle/top, I want these for the lower middle/bottom. I dont mind skipping the guppies, they were just idea after I saw a nice one in my LFS.

29 Gallon: Veiltail Betta, White Cloud Minnows, Neon Tetras, Honey Gourami, Rummy Nose Tetra, Bolivian Ram, African Dwarf Frogs, Amano Shrimp

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I dont know if your Pentazona barbs are anything like tiger barbs, but my amano shrimp only lasted 1 week before the tigers tore them up and ate them.
    55 Gallon Freshwater Tank (semi-planted) 48"x21"x13"

Video of 55GAL Tank - DEC 2012

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ddavis1979
    I dont know if your Pentazona barbs are anything like tiger barbs, but my amano shrimp only lasted 1 week before the tigers tore them up and ate them.
    No Pentazona's are much shyer and dont nip fins or anything like that so fingers crossed the shrimp should be fine