· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Hobbs
    The members here are not lazy and have been trying to help you and why you have 58 posts in this thread. But after awhile, we would be remiss if we didn't simply give up when no one is paying attention.

Back on January 14, I told you then you were adding way too much ammonia for a 1.5 gallon tank (as well as Andrea). You only grow the ammonia that will be needed for the fish in the tank and how many do you plan to keep in 1.5 gallons of water? You have also been told by numerous people to do a large water change and bring that ammonia down and then only add a very small dose. But the next day here's another post that your ammonia is registering 3 or 4 or 2?

This is a flower vase, not a fish tank! You have added enough ammonia to cycle a 30 gallon.

If you are planning to put that gourami in there for one hour, there was no need to cycle it to began with. But then, you have already had several tell you separating the gourami for one hour would not help either.
    +1 - this should not be such an issue - it is such a tiny "tank" - many people use media from a larger tank to cycle another filter.
    46 gal fw tank with black skirt tetras, neon tetras, spotted corys, cherry barbs, otoclinus, snails & 4 amano shrimp - plastic & live plants
    5 gal QT
    Remember: Our job is to take care of the water our fish live in

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I did a water change and am going to do one today to
    And BTW can an overdose on prime affect bb

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I tested right now before my water change
    Ammonia 1
    Nitrite 0
    nitrate 0
    What???

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    ok why isn't anybody answering,
    im doin my part

Lightbulb ... Some more review

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by vafa
    ok why isn't anybody answering
    Click here for the answer to your question. Or, See the second sentence of the quote here.

Like every other question posted in this thread [As well as however many other threads you have started about this] it has already been posted to you [& posted & posted].

Good luck.
    Last edited by Goes to 11!; 01-26-2013 at 02:49 AM.
    Gas mileage isn't everything OIIIIIIIO
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.
    Why pretend there are no stupid questions? Actually, There are many stupid questions: "Should I drink this bleach?" Is just one example.
    Having said that, Just because it's a stupid question doesn't mean that it shouldn't be asked. It's better to know.

A warm beer is better than a cold beer. Because nothing is better than a cold beer, and a warm beer is better than nothing.

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Here's the deal. Do a water change. Take a third of the bio media from your bigger tanks filter and put it in the small one. Replace the media in the larger with new. It will re-colonize pretty quickly. Instant cycle in the small tank.

A word of advice though. You really need to do some research and take the time to learn the cycling process. This also aplies to stocking, appropriate tank sizes, and just about any other aea of aquatics. The answers are out there to almost anything if you take the time to do the legwork! Continuing to ask here, snub the advice, then come back with new problems looking for answers, is going to get real old and do you no good.
    11 tanks, 5.5g up to 125g(2). Mbuna, Haps, Peacocks, Tangs, wild caught to tank raised!

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    ok so i did a water change today and i dont add ammonia something is causing it to spike? maybe some debris released from my used sponge added

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by vafa
    ok why isn't anybody answering,
    im doin my part
    You should be happy that anybody is still following up on this thread. I'm surprised that everyone giving you advice hasn't just given up on you and moved on considering how often you've pretty much ignored everyone's advice. There's plenty of information available at your disposal for fishless cycling, and even a sticky with step-by-step instructions, yet you still decide to just try things your own way. You should really be more gracious to the people that are still helping you because they certainly have more patience than I do.

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Ok I did the water change
    Put media from the 20
    nothing happened after 2 days
    I'm thinking of restarting my cycle
    Yes or no